Updated Mask Guidance from CDC

elcuchio24

On 5/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, TNcruising02 said:

I think their power lies in the fact that the cruise ships are returning to the US.  Therefore, they can require certain rules during the cruise.

If nothing else, I believe the CDC has the authority to quarantine the ship and everyone on it which of course would result in cancelled cruises.

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If nothing else, I believe the CDC has the authority to quarantine the ship and everyone on it which of course would result in cancelled cruises.

I think the power they have is to not let the ship back into the USA.

3 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

It was great going to a store yesterday without a mask on.  Love it!  Can't wait to cruise in November with a lot of these "rumors" and "guidelines" being erased.  A bit of normalcy is nice.

For sure---things will move quickly now

• Like 1

19 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

For sure---things will move quickly now

Definitely.  Starting to make me wonder why the CDC changed their minds so dang quickly like that.  Interesting and it kind of makes me question some things for sure.  

I think one reason for the CDC acting quickly to relax things is a result of the law suit and injunction that was filed. There were probably some negotiations going on those hearings last week, to get to a point to where they can just drop it. That's just my opinion. No facts to hang it on except we know two sides always attempt to find a compromise.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

I think one reason for the CDC acting quickly to relax things is a result of the law suit and injunction that was filed. There were probably some negotiations going on those hearings last week, to get to a point to where they can just drop it. That's just my opinion. No facts to hang it on except we know two sides always attempt to find a compromise.

Probably right.  Numbers have been dropping fast as well.  I know it has been in Texas and we have been open for a long while.  Zero deaths recently and other stats are way down.  All good signs.  So many people vaccinated plus you have those that already been infected so numbers are dropping.  Probably other reasons as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

Communication was always the cruise lines preferred path. They wanted nothing to do with lawsuits.

3 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

Definitely.  Starting to make me wonder why the CDC changed their minds so dang quickly like that.  Interesting and it kind of makes me question some things for sure.  

I read that they decided to drop the mask mandate before even consulting with the whitehouse!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

I read that they decided to drop the mask mandate before even consulting with the whitehouse!

They're supposed to inform the Whitehouse which they did a few hours before the announcement.