Odyssey re-deploying due to Middle East conflict?

3 hours ago, atricks said:

Yes it's Friday, it wouldn't let me go back and edit the post to fix that.  Either way it looks like there is a bunch of cruise blog/vlog types showing up at Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral Friday for the double header of Mardi Gras and Odyssey first US appearances.

This video from a crew member on the Odyssey is where at least the June 4th date came from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t5_NqLYJQM   Searching youtube for "Ship Name" within the past day or week is a good way to find little interesting tidbits like that.  Another neat one to search for right now is Adventure of the Seas because of how unique the current situation is, especially for any crew ones.

Thanks for the video link

On 6/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, atricks said:

I'm hearing that Odyssey will pull into Port Canaveral on June 4th (this Saturday) for the crew vaccine shots.  This is the very same day that Carnival's brand new Mardi Gras ship will first pull into Port Canaveral for the welcome ceremony.  

Mardi Gras arrives Friday

I'm baffled they both arrive same day. I also hear 5 ships will be in port in total

Edited by John&LaLa

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Too bad RCI couldn't fix the logistics of staff and Haifa - Israeli residents could have been on her first sailing today.

Two weeks ago it was a active warzone. Two days ago Hamas was calling for a "day of rage." Senior Israeli defense officials call the ceasefire "very unstable." And you are complaining Royal didn't start cruises today?

The exact same people taking shots at Royal for not sailing from Haifa today, are the people who'd be taking shots at Royal if they were sailing from Haifa today for being so greedy as to sail from a recent warzone.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

Two weeks ago it was a active warzone. Two days ago Hamas was calling for a "day of rage." Senior Israeli defense officials call the ceasefire "very unstable." And you are complaining Royal didn't start cruises today?

The exact same people taking shots at Royal for not sailing from Haifa today, are the people who'd be taking shots at Royal if they were sailing from Haifa today for being so greedy as to sail from a recent warzone.

The "situation" in the Israel is not new.... It has been going on for the last 100 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The "situation" in the Israel is not new.... It has been going on for the last 100 years.

That’s not grounds for a class action lawsuit against Royal Caribbean though. Both RC and the Israeli government couldn’t make it work. 

8 minutes ago, 100viper said:

That’s not grounds for a class action lawsuit against Royal Caribbean though.

I didn't say those are the grounds. I was merely replying to other posters, who mentioned the "war zone".

The class action is against a commercial entity which didn't deliver the product....

24 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

And you are complaining Royal didn't start cruises today?

Not complaining,  just pointing out that just like Vision was very unlikely cancelled because "sailing is restarting from the US", Odyssey was not cancelled due to the "war zone".

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I didn't say those are the grounds. I was merely replying to other posters, who mentioned the "war zone".

The class action is against a commercial entity which didn't deliver the product....

However everyone got/is getting refunded. No grounds for a class action. 

I get that you’re upset with Odyssey leaving, but the Israeli government wouldn’t have let them carry on anyway. Their crew wasn’t vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, Tolkmit said:

Anyone trying to claim the situation in Israel right now is exactly the same as it was 3 months ago is having their opinion colored to the point of being unreasonable

Again, you're trying to point the whole RCl's vaccination fiasco in the wrong direction.

May I remind you that those cruise were for Israeli residents only, who knew the risks of hostilities breaking anytime, and not for, let say, American citizens, who never heard a siren [and hopefully never will] in their lifetime.

It was discussed above from all the angles.

You'll stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not complaining,  just pointing out that just like Vision was very unlikely cancelled because "sailing is restarting from the US", Odyssey was not cancelled due to the "war zone".

Why put "war zone" in quotes. That's literally the words used by the UN to describe Israel during the situation in the time period I specified. Are you disagreeing with the UN?

As has been pointed out previously. Royal easily could have brought Odyssey to the US to get vaccinated and gotten her back to Israel a couple days from now; if they had done so when Israel first refused to help. You continuing to promote the conspiracy theory that they cancelled the entire Israel season over lack of ability to get the crew vaccinated, despite them getting the entire crew vaccinated two days from now, is just ridiculous.

And yes, pointing out "well they could be on a cruise right now if Royal had just done this!" is complaining.

• Like 1

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Again, you're trying to point the whole RCl's vaccination fiasco in the wrong direction.

May I remind you that those cruise were for Israeli residents only, who knew the risks of hostilities breaking anytime, and not for, let say, American citizens, who never heard a siren [and hopefully never will] in their lifetime.

It was discussed above from all the angles.

You'll stick to your opinion and I'll stick to mine.

The irony of suggesting Israeli citizens understood the risks involved with cruising, literally a couple posts after suggesting that Israeli citizens should sue Royal Caribbean for cancelling cruises, seems to be lost on you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

Why put "war zone" in quotes.

Because it's not a war zone today and no way RCI could have known what would happen two days after the conflict started when  RCI canceled the whole season. 

Hey, I get it, you trust RCI with their statements - others are a bit less trusting in this and a few other instances. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Because it's not a war zone today and no way RCI could have known what would happen two days after the conflict started when  RCI canceled the whole season. 

Hey, I get it, you trust RCI with their statements - others are a bit less trusting in this and a few other instances. 

I never said it was a war zone today. I specifically said it was a war zone two weeks ago. You took those words out of context in order to disagree with them on the basis of them being wrong exclusively when out of context?

I've not put trust in a single statement by Royal Caribbean. I just understand this simple concept: sailing out of an area that earlier in the year was a war zone is stupid. There is nothing that could have happened after the conflict started and rockets started exploding outside Haifa, that would have made sailing out of Haifa this year reasonable.

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm not "suggesting".

I'm stating a fact.

That makes your post suggesting Israeli citizens know and accept the risks associated with cruising even more nonsensical.

(This isn't meant as an insult to Israeli citizens, just to refute the idea that Royal could have cruised in a dangerous area because Israelis accept the risks of cruising more than others would.)

Edited by Tolkmit

8 hours ago, Tolkmit said:

There is nothing that could have happened after the conflict started and rockets started exploding outside Haifa, that would have made sailing out of Haifa this year reasonable.

Well, as expected, something did happen, the conflict ended and TODAY, the only that counts is the main direct reason Odyssey is not sailing out of Haifa is not the conflict. That was somewhat obvious the day RCI made the announcement and very much so today.