Jump to content

Virtuosa maiden voyage


Stu UK
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, CaroleC said:


We had ours on for an hour or so this evening whilst getting ready. Didn’t notice a problem.

 

I thought that todays TV's had a setting whereby if no communication between the handset and TV within a set time which is set in the settings the TV will switch off.  Perhaps that particular TV had the settings accidentally altered.   I thought the TV control was confusing and a shame that no Web Cam view of the outside  bow was available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

 

I would assume the key word there is sitting.
"The use of masks is mandatory in public areas (except for restaurants, bars and when sitting on the sun deck)"

So what do you when you leave your sun lounger to walk to the water slides? I assume you're not expected to wear a mask while on the slide, or hold it while riding the slide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, colsky said:

So what do you when you leave your sun lounger to walk to the water slides? I assume you're not expected to wear a mask while on the slide, or hold it while riding the slide.

 

Good question, and presumably if you take it off to use the slide it either gets wet in your pocket or remains at the top when you are at the bottom & maskless?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My family of 4 are going on the end of July cruise, and are really looking forward to what will be our first MSC cruise.

 

I have a couple of questions for anyone who's been on it. Apologies if they have been answered already, but I haven't seen it.

 

  • the videos I have seen from the recent Virtuosa cruise show that every alternate seat is unavailable, whether you are dining, drinking, or in the theatre. How does that work with a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children. Are you allowed to move the no sitting signs if you're one group? Are the signs even movable?
  • the indoor pool looks great, especially useful on a UK cruise where there might (!) be bad weather. Is the pool and surrounding area adults only? I know on some cruise ships that's the case, but I can't find any indication on this one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, colsky said:

So what do you when you leave your sun lounger to walk to the water slides? I assume you're not expected to wear a mask while on the slide, or hold it while riding the slide.

 

45 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

 

Good question, and presumably if you take it off to use the slide it either gets wet in your pocket or remains at the top when you are at the bottom & maskless?

 

Because holding it in you hand as you travel down the slide is impossible? lol. 

 

I'm sure it will all become obvious once on board, and if riding the slide with a mask is necessary then so be it. Not perfect, but if it means cruising is safe then so be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stuart2468 said:

I'm sure it will all become obvious once on board, and if riding the slide with a mask is necessary then so be it. Not perfect, but if it means cruising is safe then so be it.

Yes, they will have worked something out, maybe there is a locker to put personal things in. Only someone who has been onboard and experienced it can give a full answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Braved the chills today to do the slides. Can confirm no masks needed in the park area, also no changing rooms or lockers...

 

And on the subject of petty complaints, my coffee took a while to arrive, was on the verge if getting amnesty international in!

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colsky said:

My family of 4 are going on the end of July cruise, and are really looking forward to what will be our first MSC cruise.

 

I have a couple of questions for anyone who's been on it. Apologies if they have been answered already, but I haven't seen it.

 

  • the videos I have seen from the recent Virtuosa cruise show that every alternate seat is unavailable, whether you are dining, drinking, or in the theatre. How does that work with a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children. Are you allowed to move the no sitting signs if you're one group? Are the signs even movable? I believe that if you're acting as a group and explain that to any crew whom asks you, all will be OK if you stay together. The idea is that everyone works out on its own bubble. Signs shouldn't be movable though.
  • the indoor pool looks great, especially useful on a UK cruise where there might (!) be bad weather. Is the pool and surrounding area adults only? I know on some cruise ships that's the case, but I can't find any indication on this one. No, but once it is a high demand place, I believe that they will have some sort of capacity restrictions at peak times, though.

Be welcome and find your answers in blue. Have a nice day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, colsky said:

My family of 4 are going on the end of July cruise, and are really looking forward to what will be our first MSC cruise.

 

I have a couple of questions for anyone who's been on it. Apologies if they have been answered already, but I haven't seen it.

 

  • the videos I have seen from the recent Virtuosa cruise show that every alternate seat is unavailable, whether you are dining, drinking, or in the theatre. How does that work with a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children. Are you allowed to move the no sitting signs if you're one group? Are the signs even movable?
  • the indoor pool looks great, especially useful on a UK cruise where there might (!) be bad weather. Is the pool and surrounding area adults only? I know on some cruise ships that's the case, but I can't find any indication on this one.

 

I found that some passengers were moving the "no seating here signs"  and just sitting down. Some staff were strict and got the passengers to move, whilst other staff just served you . This was frustrating as having chosen a safe seat only to find a passenger(s) with disrespect for MSC safety at sea to ignore and sitting next to you.

If you are a large party the staff will willingly add seats to the safe seating area if that makes sense.   There is always going to be someone who will ignore the rules which causes annoyance to other passengers. 

MSC are family orientated and the only bar/lounge  which was adults only was the Sky bar on  MSC Virtuosa 

Edited by LifeonMars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

This was frustrating as having chosen a safe seat only to find a passenger(s) with disrespect for MSC safety at sea to ignore and sitting next to you.

 

They would have learnt a few new words if they did that to me. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, colsky said:

My family of 4 are going on the end of July cruise, and are really looking forward to what will be our first MSC cruise.

 

I have a couple of questions for anyone who's been on it. Apologies if they have been answered already, but I haven't seen it.

 

  • the videos I have seen from the recent Virtuosa cruise show that every alternate seat is unavailable, whether you are dining, drinking, or in the theatre. How does that work with a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children. Are you allowed to move the no sitting signs if you're one group? Are the signs even movable?
  • the indoor pool looks great, especially useful on a UK cruise where there might (!) be bad weather. Is the pool and surrounding area adults only? I know on some cruise ships that's the case, but I can't find any indication on this one.


I'm currently on the ship. The only Adults Only area I’ve seen is the Sky Lounge where we had a couple of post dinner drinks last night. We’re sitting in the Tropical Bar atm which is where the indoor pool is located and also a large hot tub. Kids are allowed in both, currently there is a maximum of 10 people permitted in the pool at any one time and only members of the same family in the hot tub.

 

Families are permitted to sit together in all areas, just let a crew member know you are travelling together and he will remove the sign. Saw this done on the next table to us at lunchtime today in the Marketplace Buffet restaurant.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Pegopolly said:

Can anyone tell me how lond the disembarkation took? What time were you able to get off the ship? Were there any additional checks in place? 

See the disembarkation schedule for Southampton on 24th May 2021 info timings in relation to your Cabins/Aurea or Club Diamond Members, (sorry for it being a bit scruffy) personally for myself walked straight off at 0815 with no queues.

 

img20210525_16434338.pdf

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

 

This was my only real complaint during the cruise.

 

Seats have signs on them to ensure social distancing - it doesn't matter if you agree with the science behind it or not - but if you don't or just want to hear your own voice then I urge you to stay at home (protect the NHS and save lives - or something like, it's been so long since I heard it lol).

 

Crew will HAPPILY find you a group space if you ASK THEM.

Please don't do what happened everywhere on our 4N cruise - people just ignored the signage and sat where they wanted to - it wasn't everyone but it happened so many times and in every venue.

 

In places like the Theatre, they had set out groups of 1, 2, 3 or 4 seats safely together with a safe space around them - if there are 5 of you or you could only find a set of 2 seats and then a set of 3 seats JUST ASK the crew and THEY will make the changes for you.

 

We have got past the worse with this Virus, but do remember that MSC have relaxed many of the requirements demanded of other cruise lines - it is therefore even more important that people show their support by following the rules.

 

If we all do that, we might get to mask-free cruising sooner rather than later.

 

Yes, all makes sense.

 

Thanks everyone for their answers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

 

This was my only real complaint during the cruise.

 

Seats have signs on them to ensure social distancing - it doesn't matter if you agree with the science behind it or not - but if you don't or just want to hear your own voice then I urge you to stay at home (protect the NHS and save lives - or something like, it's been so long since I heard it lol).

 

Crew will HAPPILY find you a group space if you ASK THEM.

Please don't do what happened everywhere on our 4N cruise - people just ignored the signage and sat where they wanted to - it wasn't everyone but it happened so many times and in every venue.

 

In places like the Theatre, they had set out groups of 1, 2, 3 or 4 seats safely together with a safe space around them - if there are 5 of you or you could only find a set of 2 seats and then a set of 3 seats JUST ASK the crew and THEY will make the changes for you.

 

We have got past the worse with this Virus, but do remember that MSC have relaxed many of the requirements demanded of other cruise lines - it is therefore even more important that people show their support by following the rules.

 

If we all do that, we might get to mask-free cruising sooner rather than later.

 

Yes, that's it exactly. Let cruising to get again to the normal is a little bit on our hands too, not only the cruise lines. Cruise lines are doing their part. Let us to do our own.

 

Have a nice day!...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, leojagpreet said:

Are there any free to use sauna/steam rooms? 

No. But their thermal area prices used to be quite affordable. I believe those services to be closed or severely restricted till his pandemic is out.

 

Have a nice day!...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

people just ignored the signage and sat where they wanted to - it wasn't everyone but it happened so many times and in every venue.


We’ve just seen a show in the Carousel Lounge (the one you so hilariously commented on last week! 🤣🤣) and watched with amazement several pax ignoring the signage. What is the matter with these people?? 🤬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

No. But their thermal area prices used to be quite affordable. I believe those services to be closed or severely restricted till his pandemic is out.

 

Have a nice day!...

Prices were expensive for a facility that was in reality not operational - only some showers, warm beds and salt room. 

C714DB92-4D87-47E4-80FD-88D70A87A52B.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone booked on Virtuosa UK sailings, it may be worth checking if you can get a discount applied.

 

We are booked sailing 10/07/21. We booked a bella Inside.

 

We just upgraded to a Bella Balcony for £38 each. Cheaper than the bid up email!!!!

 

Not entirely sure how, but I noticed the sailings had gone into the Voyagers Section as 5+10% offer, and wanted to upgrade to an outside for the same price we were currently paying. Lovely lady at MSC said this wasn't possible, but because there are various discounts on the sailing, she could apply a £249 refund, to either my card or as onboard credit. 

 

Great I thought..... so asked about the upgrade cost to a balcony. which I was quoted as £77 total above what I'd already paid. (£1708)

 

Had I have bid for an upgrade via the email, then I would have had to bid £130pp minimum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stuart2468 said:

For anyone booked on Virtuosa UK sailings, it may be worth checking if you can get a discount applied.

 

We are booked sailing 10/07/21. We booked a bella Inside.

 

We just upgraded to a Bella Balcony for £38 each. Cheaper than the bid up email!!!!

 

Not entirely sure how, but I noticed the sailings had gone into the Voyagers Section as 5+10% offer, and wanted to upgrade to an outside for the same price we were currently paying. Lovely lady at MSC said this wasn't possible, but because there are various discounts on the sailing, she could apply a £249 refund, to either my card or as onboard credit. 

 

Great I thought..... so asked about the upgrade cost to a balcony. which I was quoted as £77 total above what I'd already paid. (£1708)

 

Had I have bid for an upgrade via the email, then I would have had to bid £130pp minimum.

Have you a link to 5 +10 as can’t see Virtuosa listed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Have you a link to 5 +10 as can’t see Virtuosa listed. 

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-510?departureDateFrom=27%2F05%2F2021&departureDateTo=26%2F05%2F2024&passengers=2|0|0|0&area=NOR&embkPort=SOU

 

Hopefully that should work. 

 

If I booked a balcony through the website, via that link, then I would pay £1879 total. having contacted MSC direct I'm actually paying £1785. So clearly additional discount has been applied which saves me £96 more. Because I'd called armed with what I was expecting to pay, I quickly booked and didn't question why I saved even more. Worth calling to check though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 12:33 PM, caffeine_demon said:

 

And on the subject of petty complaints, my coffee took a while to arrive, was on the verge if getting amnesty international in!

and ome more reasonable complaint.

 

Buffet dinner starts at 7pm, shows at half 7, even if you eat quickly thats a rush!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...