Jump to content

Virtuosa maiden voyage


Stu UK
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MISSGJ said:

Is this applied once onboard?

 

my invoice says “voyager 5% discount” but makes no ref anywhere to the €50 per pax. 

I can see my 50 eur/$ onboard credit in my booking details on my online MSC account. I am sailing on 17 July.  I got gold member loyalty membership status match, because of diamond membership with RCCL. I didn’t see the online credit just after booking, but it is showing now - may be worth an email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zjc said:

Thanks both

 

Will of course check it out myself but would be useful to have a list of MSC Approved providers who tick all the boxes! 

I've gone with holiday extras because they were recommended by P&O for the UK cruise we are taking with them in September - i double checked i am covid covered. So that's another one to consider

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Notts1964 said:

I can see my 50 eur/$ onboard credit in my booking details on my online MSC account. I am sailing on 17 July.  I got gold member loyalty membership status match, because of diamond membership with RCCL. I didn’t see the online credit just after booking, but it is showing now - may be worth an email.

 

Every booking by a customer with a Voyager Club account will show Voyager 5% and it will have been discounted at the start. 

 

Then, there is the 5%+5% Discount from the Voyager Club section. 

 

It is only those bookings that get the £$€ 50 - CRAZY but you are getting a double reward lol

 

Cruises after June 26th are also listed in VC section with 5%+10% discount and the £$€ 50

 

You can ASK them if they will reduce the price of your booking and give the £$€ 50 now its on special offer section. They have done so in the past but you may have to try 2 or 3 agents before one of them does it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Stu UK

 

I still havent managed to get the QR menu scanning to work. 

 

I even paid for internet as the QR reader would open a url link but then nothing would open or download. 

 

Can you advise how people (and me) can get the menus please. 

 

Do you have Android? QR are not easy in Android, with Apple you just use the camera I think.

For QR codes I always use Google Lens, a link pops up on the screen and you tap the link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did thorough research  for UK Coastal Insurance and posted on CC

 

For those with pre existing conditions then Staysure and CoverForYou appeared the better ones. 

 

As I am waiting for a test result, both the above did not provide cover unless you called them to discuss. 

 

In the end, i went with GoodToGo as their website was clearer and gave me a print of all the health questions and my answers so we have a record os wjat was disclosed. 

 

Their "waiting for results" area simply said youre not covered for that item until the result is in. If its a poor result you have to then notify them. 

 

In fact, its worth remembering that you must notify your insurance Company if your health changes before your holiday. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

 

Do you have Android? QR are not easy in Android, with Apple you just use the camera I think.

For QR codes I always use Google Lens, a link pops up on the screen and you tap the link.

 

Yes Andoid grrr

 

Downloaded Google Lens but gives me option to copy url or go to website. 

 

Tried both and just get white page grrrr

 

At least they do have a physical menu if you request one.

 

.

 

 

Edited by Couple-Somerset
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

LADIES - TIP OF THE DAY

 

For the first few cruises I suggest bringing a lint remover. 

 

Because all the bathroom towels are new there is white fluff all over your statecupboard lol

 

For the men too. We ended up with white speckled dinner suits. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Stu UK

 

I still havent managed to get the QR menu scanning to work. 

 

I even paid for internet as the QR reader would open a url link but then nothing would open or download. 

 

Can you advise how people (and me) can get the menus please. 

You don’t need to buy internet. However you need to link to internal MSC WiFi hotspot. For it to work on my iPhone I had to turn off mobile data. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, swimming with spaniels said:

I've gone with holiday extras because they were recommended by P&O for the UK cruise we are taking with them in September - i double checked i am covid covered. So that's another one to consider

Believe the only bit holiday extras does not cover is if you have to self isolate when told to by test and trace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stu UK said:

You don’t need to buy internet. However you need to link to internal MSC WiFi hotspot. For it to work on my iPhone I had to turn off mobile data. 

 

Yep, tried it all Stu

 

Mobile data and roaming off from day 1 anyway. 

 

Not a major inconvenience but just another "msc thing" lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Believe the only bit holiday extras does not cover is if you have to self isolate when told to by test and trace. 

 

For anyone worried about the insurance, you can send them the documents in advance and they can approve them, you still have to take them to port but the agent emailed me back to say they had "confirmed" my insurance in my booking.
I am only using free HSBC premier account free family worldwide insurance that covers treatment for covid (even if traveling against government advice) and also specifically says it covers UK only cruises.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, swimming with spaniels said:

clear as mud (well to me anyway)

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 12.31.22.png

So cover if you test positive in advance. But not if you are in contact with someone who tested positive and you have to self isolate after contact from NHS test and trace before the cruise. It will be ok for MSC as all they are worried about is cover once onboard. 

Edited by Stu UK
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

 

Every booking by a customer with a Voyager Club account will show Voyager 5% and it will have been discounted at the start. 

 

Then, there is the 5%+5% Discount from the Voyager Club section. 

 

It is only those bookings that get the £$€ 50 - CRAZY but you are getting a double reward lol

 

Cruises after June 26th are also listed in VC section with 5%+10% discount and the £$€ 50

 

You can ASK them if they will reduce the price of your booking and give the £$€ 50 now its on special offer section. They have done so in the past but you may have to try 2 or 3 agents before one of them does it. 

That's what we did, had already booked before noticing our sailing was a 5%+10% departure. Our travel agent called MSC & got the extra 10% applied, he had to ring twice as the first agent didn't agree.

Worth noting I thought they might have repriced the cruise at the current rate before applying, but got 10% off our original price. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

I can see my 50 eur/$ onboard credit in my booking details on my online MSC account. I am sailing on 17 July.  I got gold member loyalty membership status match, because of diamond membership with RCCL. I didn’t see the online credit just after booking, but it is showing now - may be worth an email.

Will do! Thank you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Thanks for posting the menus, I love the look of Hola, has anyone tried it?

Just finished a lunch in there. Fantastic. The £16.99 eat as much as you want is excellent. For a light option order a la carte. Great Mexican feel. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Just finished a lunch in there. Fantastic. The £16.99 eat as much as you want is excellent. For a light option order a la carte. Great Mexican feel. 

 

Hi Stu, can you go in there just for a drink, or do you have to eat too?

Also, you're posting loads of menus which is fab. I don't suppose you've caught sight of any allergy menus at all have you? I've read they don't appear on the app. We're both gluten free, so just wondering what the deal is. Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Just finished a lunch in there. Fantastic. The £16.99 eat as much as you want is excellent. For a light option order a la carte. Great Mexican feel. 

 

I'm planning to give MSC regrets about the pricing of the premium plus upgrade with casamigos margaritas...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

 

Hi Stu, can you go in there just for a drink, or do you have to eat too?

Also, you're posting loads of menus which is fab. I don't suppose you've caught sight of any allergy menus at all have you? I've read they don't appear on the app. We're both gluten free, so just wondering what the deal is. Many thanks.

Seems to be the deal is drinks only if they are not busy. As got allergies nor seen specific menu but they seems to say “If you have any allergy or sensitivity to specific foods, please notify our staff before ordering.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...