Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Thanks for posting the menus, I love the look of Hola, has anyone tried it?

Just finished a lunch in there. Fantastic. The £16.99 eat as much as you want is excellent. For a light option order a la carte. Great Mexican feel. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Just finished a lunch in there. Fantastic. The £16.99 eat as much as you want is excellent. For a light option order a la carte. Great Mexican feel. 

Hi Stu, can you go in there just for a drink, or do you have to eat too?

Also, you're posting loads of menus which is fab. I don't suppose you've caught sight of any allergy menus at all have you? I've read they don't appear on the app. We're both gluten free, so just wondering what the deal is. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

I'm planning to give MSC regrets about the pricing of the premium plus upgrade with casamigos margaritas...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Hi Stu, can you go in there just for a drink, or do you have to eat too?

Also, you're posting loads of menus which is fab. I don't suppose you've caught sight of any allergy menus at all have you? I've read they don't appear on the app. We're both gluten free, so just wondering what the deal is. Many thanks.

Seems to be the deal is drinks only if they are not busy. As got allergies nor seen specific menu but they seems to say “If you have any allergy or sensitivity to specific foods, please notify our staff before ordering.”

• Like 1

The Masters of the Sea menu is very similar to the menu on the Meraviglia Pub, it was great place for a quiet lunch, enjoyed the Fish’nChips a couple times, didn’t have to purchase food, could simply enjoy a beverage if you wanted to. 

18 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Seems to be the deal is drinks only if they are not busy. As got allergies nor seen specific menu but they seems to say “If you have any allergy or sensitivity to specific foods, please notify our staff before ordering.”

Thank you. I'm surprised that nothing on the main menus or any of the dining places is marked to be gluten free, which I'm guessing must mean there are specific menus floating about. Guess we'll find out when we board on the 28th!

Yes, a medal for Stu!

I was wondering if they provide disposable masks, or whether we should bring our own supply? Also, do you have any tips on where the premium drinks package can be used, which bars etc? 

Hope you’re enjoying a bit of well deserved sunshine now! 

17 minutes ago, Notts1964 said:

Thank you for posting all the menus, I’m getting excited for my holiday. Are the coffees in the above cafe included with the premium drinks package?

im hoping so 😊

Unfortunately not. However most bars make great proper coffee included on the package. 

12 minutes ago, Onasunnyafternoon said:

Yes, a medal for Stu!

I was wondering if they provide disposable masks, or whether we should bring our own supply? Also, do you have any tips on where the premium drinks package can be used, which bars etc? 

Hope you’re enjoying a bit of well deserved sunshine now! 

They give you a couple of masks in the cabin. So bring your own. Packages work in all bars but in Champagne and Starship there are large limitations. 

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

They give you a couple of masks in the cabin. So bring your own. Packages work in all bars but in Champagne and Starship there are large limitations. 

Stu, quick question.
What do they do on things like the white party, I'm sure it's not a crowded dance floor, how does it work?

Any night life for that matter, how does it work now?

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

First off, many thanks for all the Info & menus, you're going above & beyond.

What are the limitations in the Champagne bar re plus package? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Yep, tried it all Stu

Mobile data and roaming off from day 1 anyway. 

Not a major inconvenience but just another "msc thing" lol

Is QR reader switched on in camera settings?

48 minutes ago, the wandering two said:

First off, many thanks for all the Info & menus, you're going above & beyond.

What are the limitations in the Champagne bar re plus package? 

None. Anything by the glass is included in Premium Plus

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, leojagpreet said:

Hi, can you please check if they are showing formula 1 racing on any TV channels? Thank you

Oooh great question - we’re onboard in October and we were hoping we could watch the GP in the Sports Bar - does anyone know if its possible to book a booth with a TV? I appreciate it’s a bit random but any advice gratefully appreciated x

10 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

White night is tomorrow so the last night - starts 10.30pm so wont be hardly anyone there. 

In fact, they have double shows tomorrow for comedian (4pm and 11.30pm) theatre (7.30pm and 9.30pm) and soul sisters (later show 10.30pm). 

Those later shows will be dead. 

The comedian is the same show for both times so no 18+ performance. 

As I said before, having the comedian and soul sisters perform 3 shows (6 performances) on a 4N cruise is far too much. 

Appreciate the need to cut costs and cover covid issues but if there's one thing thats let this cruise down then its that. 

The die hard MSC fans will be pleased to know the 35 minute main theatre shows are still as weird as usual and have zero storyline in any of them lol

Still some great performers in each though - the latin dancers and lead male voculists are stunning. 

Thanks for that, for me MSC is always let down by the theatre shows and that is one important area for me.

It will be interesting how they handle the disco when the ship is 75-80% full. I can't imagine a full dance floor right now