Virtuosa maiden voyage

Stu UK

36 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Our cabin is approx 6 from the back of the ship. 

Its a LONG walk to the lifts!!! 

We’re at the start of the aft hump so a ‘little’ nearer to the lifts lol

12 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Noooo but you are virtually guatanteed of one if you get in nefore 6.30pm

After that there may be a wait. 

Note however that they are window tables NOT window seats - the person sat next to window may have to crane their kneck to see out, whereas the person sat next to the wall can look ahead to the side to see out the window. 

Gotcha, thanks very much!!

2 hours ago, MISSGJ said:

Is this applied once onboard?

my invoice says “voyager 5% discount” but makes no ref anywhere to the €50 per pax. 

I can see my 50 eur/$ onboard credit in my booking details on my online MSC account. I am sailing on 17 July.  I got gold member loyalty membership status match, because of diamond membership with RCCL. I didn’t see the online credit just after booking, but it is showing now - may be worth an email.

4 hours ago, zjc said:

Thanks both

Will of course check it out myself but would be useful to have a list of MSC Approved providers who tick all the boxes! 

I've gone with holiday extras because they were recommended by P&O for the UK cruise we are taking with them in September - i double checked i am covid covered. So that's another one to consider

23 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Stu UK

I still havent managed to get the QR menu scanning to work. 

I even paid for internet as the QR reader would open a url link but then nothing would open or download. 

Can you advise how people (and me) can get the menus please. 

Do you have Android? QR are not easy in Android, with Apple you just use the camera I think.

For QR codes I always use Google Lens, a link pops up on the screen and you tap the link.

34 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

LADIES - TIP OF THE DAY

For the first few cruises I suggest bringing a lint remover. 

Because all the bathroom towels are new there is white fluff all over your statecupboard lol

For the men too. We ended up with white speckled dinner suits. 

33 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Stu UK

I still havent managed to get the QR menu scanning to work. 

I even paid for internet as the QR reader would open a url link but then nothing would open or download. 

Can you advise how people (and me) can get the menus please. 

You don’t need to buy internet. However you need to link to internal MSC WiFi hotspot. For it to work on my iPhone I had to turn off mobile data. 

14 minutes ago, swimming with spaniels said:

I've gone with holiday extras because they were recommended by P&O for the UK cruise we are taking with them in September - i double checked i am covid covered. So that's another one to consider

Believe the only bit holiday extras does not cover is if you have to self isolate when told to by test and trace. 

15 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Believe the only bit holiday extras does not cover is if you have to self isolate when told to by test and trace. 

For anyone worried about the insurance, you can send them the documents in advance and they can approve them, you still have to take them to port but the agent emailed me back to say they had "confirmed" my insurance in my booking.
I am only using free HSBC premier account free family worldwide insurance that covers treatment for covid (even if traveling against government advice) and also specifically says it covers UK only cruises.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swimming with spaniels said:

clear as mud (well to me anyway)

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 12.31.22.png

So cover if you test positive in advance. But not if you are in contact with someone who tested positive and you have to self isolate after contact from NHS test and trace before the cruise. It will be ok for MSC as all they are worried about is cover once onboard. 

Edited by Stu UK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Every booking by a customer with a Voyager Club account will show Voyager 5% and it will have been discounted at the start. 

Then, there is the 5%+5% Discount from the Voyager Club section. 

It is only those bookings that get the £$€ 50 - CRAZY but you are getting a double reward lol

Cruises after June 26th are also listed in VC section with 5%+10% discount and the £$€ 50

You can ASK them if they will reduce the price of your booking and give the £$€ 50 now its on special offer section. They have done so in the past but you may have to try 2 or 3 agents before one of them does it. 

That's what we did, had already booked before noticing our sailing was a 5%+10% departure. Our travel agent called MSC & got the extra 10% applied, he had to ring twice as the first agent didn't agree.

Worth noting I thought they might have repriced the cruise at the current rate before applying, but got 10% off our original price. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

I can see my 50 eur/$ onboard credit in my booking details on my online MSC account. I am sailing on 17 July.  I got gold member loyalty membership status match, because of diamond membership with RCCL. I didn’t see the online credit just after booking, but it is showing now - may be worth an email.

Will do! Thank you!