Does MSC Have A Soda Package?

notladjr

Pretty much every cruise line I have been on has a Soda package but so far  I can't find any info about one for MSC. I am booked on the 18 night Oct 31st  cruise on the new ship Seashore. The cheapest beverage package is over $400!!! I was hoping for a soda only package. Is there a Soda Package and I am just missing it?

20 hours ago, notladjr said:

Pretty much every cruise line I have been on has a Soda package but so far  I can't find any info about one for MSC. I am booked on the 18 night Oct 31st  cruise on the new ship Seashore. The cheapest beverage package is over $400!!! I was hoping for a soda only package. Is there a Soda Package and I am just missing it?

Way over priced. Soda only $17 for children $29 for adults per person per day. Just buy when you want one. Example Carnival is only $8.50 for adults. MSC makes a lot on the drink packages vs any other cruise line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Way over priced. Soda only $17 for children $29 for adults per person per day. Just buy when you want one. Example Carnival is only $8.50 for adults. MSC makes a lot on the drink packages vs any other cruise line.

Their soda packages are quite high but you get way more than say rcl soda packages for seven bucks. They have mineral water, sparkling water, mocktails, etc.   Still you do need to drink a lot to justify. Msc does not seem to have a soda only option 

On 5/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, notladjr said:

I was hoping for a soda only package. Is there a Soda Package and I am just missing it?

There is no package which includes Soda only. 

MSC offers non-alcoholic packages that go far beyond this.

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

IMHO the non-alcoholic packages are excellent value.

When I was cruising with a 15 years old, with all the mocktails and juices, he had surpassed the price of the children package by lunch time; the price of the adult package he would have reached at latest before dinner (with dinner and after dinner time still to come). Adults might enjoy coffees and more.

Yet, each passenger has to make the calculation according to the individual drinking habits. 

If you drinks only two glasses of soda per day, pay for them, and be happy how cheap you get through the day.

I just very much disagree with "MSC makes a lot on the drink packages vs any other cruise line.".

$8.50 for Soda only? How many litres / gallons do you think Carnival gets for this paying wholesale prices?

MSC packages allow for so much more.

Edited by carlmm

5 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Does MSC allow pax to bring aboard their own soft drinks, water, juices etc.?

From my US experiences, at embarkation they are pretty strict regarding bringing on any beverages.  At the ports they seem less strict and you can usually bring a couple drinks back on with you, if they find alcohol they will often confiscate it until you debark.

6 hours ago, phissy said:

Short answer, NO.  

Not exactly so on the European sailings, at least that was before the Covid. On European sailings you could enter the ship with whatever else non alcoholic drink granted it was purchased on the ports of call duty free shops that were after security (that could to be proven by a ports authorities stamp on the cases). While more expensive than outside the port, they are generally way cheaper than the ship's drinks, and with more variety. MSC is a Pepsi product in Europe, but at ports you can easily to by Coke products, just for an example.

Have a nice day and nice sailings!...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Not exactly so on the European sailings, at least that was before the Covid. On European sailings you could enter the ship with whatever else non alcoholic drink granted it was purchased on the ports of call duty free shops that were after security (that could to be proven by a ports authorities stamp on the cases). While more expensive than outside the port, they are generally way cheaper than the ship's drinks, and with more variety. MSC is a Pepsi product in Europe, but at ports you can easily to by Coke products, just for an example.

Interesting.........I suppose just buying a 12 pack of something non-alcoholic while in port with the understanding that it may have to be sacrificed at the boarding alter upon return to the ship is a reasonably inexpensive way to "test the waters".

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Interesting.........I suppose just buying a 12 pack of something non-alcoholic while in port with the understanding that it may have to be sacrificed at the boarding alter upon return to the ship is a reasonably inexpensive way to "test the waters".

That depends on the country: In places like Greece or Croatia, it might to work... In places like Germany or Denmark that is a strong no-go!... To purchase on the duty free shops after security is always OK once the cruise lines depend on the ports of call, so on the ship they'll basically to close their eyes on those items if non alcoholic. Have a nice day!...

On 5/25/2021 at 4:35 AM, Nunagoras said:

MSC does say on there web site. Basically. Nothing at all. Certainly will not stop some from trying.

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

MSC does say on there web site. Basically. Nothing at all. Certainly will not stop some from trying.

Surely, but at the same time the cruise lines depend on the ports of call and they'll basically close their eyes on the non alcoholic items purchased after the ports security. Some ports of call even require cruise lines to do so here in Europe. Barcelona and the Greek ones come to mind, but there may be more. Things from outside the port will likely to be confiscated at port's security like on airports. Here they're very strict on that one generally apart on Croatia, some Greek isles, and a few other less developed sites where they may relax a bit. Have a nice day!

Edited by Nunagoras