Just received from Carnival

joeyancho

This excludes Vista, Horizon, Miracle and Breeze.  This what I have been waiting for as I am booked on 8/21/21 Panorama and payment was due 5/31.  

Guest:

We are very excited about our upcoming restart and have been working hard for the return of guest operations.  We are in the process of finalizing our August sailing schedule and hope to have this completed soon.

We know you are eager to understand our plans for your sailing in August and appreciate your patience.  In the meantime, we are making the following accommodations to provide you with maximum flexibility:
  • Final payments due in May have been extended until June 14.
  • You may cancel without penalty by June 14 and receive a full refund.
  • If you booked a refundable fare with final payment due after June 14, you have until that later date to cancel for refund, consistent with your original fare rules.
  • If you exercise your ability to cancel without penalty under these flexible rules, you will not be eligible for any offer made to guests should the sailing ultimately be cancelled. 
We are hoping to be able to provide further information to you prior to June 14 but this action will allow those who have not yet made final payment to wait until we have greater clarity on sailing before making payment.

Additionally, in consultation with the cruise industry, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) has developed a revised set of guidelines to balance protecting public health while providing for an enjoyable vacation.   Among the CDC requirements we are working to implement is the operation of simulated cruises to test our protocols.  This will allow us more flexibility to allow unvaccinated children to sail, among other key procedures. 

As we start to communicate with our guests who are scheduled to sail in July about our Have Fun. Be Safe.TM protocols, they may differ slightly for August as those procedures continue to evolve.  Once we have more information about your cruise, we will be back to you with another update.

Thank you for your patience and support.  We are dedicated to welcoming you aboard a Carnival ship just as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line
Edited by joeyancho
Add content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

So again it looks like they don't plan to go the vaccination route

and instead do test cruises.

So let test cruises proceed

- let's have them prove/disprove whatever!

Things are still experimental almost...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

So again it looks like they don't plan to go the vaccination route and instead do test cruises.

It's the same as Royal too many kids but hopefully they also require everyone that's eligible to be vaccinated.

• Like 3

And unfortunately

nowhere in that missive is any suggestion/hint of encouragement

that if one is inclined to pursue a course of vaccination for Covid-19

Carnival thinks that could be a move in the right direction

for our mutual benefit, as we look forward to a brighter future.

10 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

And unfortunately

nowhere in that missive is any suggestion/hint of encouragement

that if one is inclined to pursue a course of vaccination for Covid-19

Carnival thinks that could be a move in the right direction

for our mutual benefit, as we look forward to a brighter future.

Yeah, I don't get it.   Seems backward.  The crew will be vaccinated, why not the passengers?   Seems to be the quickest route back to sailing.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I received the same email an hour ago.  I am scheduled to be on the Mardi Gras on August 21st.  It looks like they are preparing to cancel the cruise, but hope that people will cancel so they won't have to offer the $600 OBC for rebooking when they cancel.

It looks like they will do test cruises.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Yeah, I don't get it.   Seems backward. 

The crew will be vaccinated, why not the passengers? ..too

Seems to be the quickest route back to sailing.  

The entire situation is still evolving -

changes are no longer hourly and daily
now they're weekly and monthly, instead.

By the end of this year, changes might be quarterly and yearly!
Don't rush it. Expect nothing. Be glad for what you get so far.
Things will improve by Christmas and be a bit more stable.

Next year 2022 will be better.
Just let's get everyone vaccinated!

Vaccines WORK.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

It's the same as Royal too many kids but hopefully they also require everyone that's eligible to be vaccinated.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of "requiring" Covid vaccines.  I will cruise either way, so it doesn't bother me in the least if everyone else is not vaccinated or not.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I received the same email an hour ago.  I am scheduled to be on the Mardi Gras on August 21st.  It looks like they are preparing to cancel the cruise, but hope that people will cancel so they won't have to offer the $600 OBC for rebooking when they cancel.

It looks like they will do test cruises.

Maybe they just need some cancellations for capacity sake, but obviously that hasn't been the case up until now.  We are booked out of Miami in September.  Hoping that one will be a go.

• Like 2

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

Maybe they just need some cancellations for capacity sake, but obviously that hasn't been the case up until now.  We are booked out of Miami in September.  Hoping that one will be a go.

Yes, that could be it too.  It really seems like they are hoping a lot of people cancel.  That could be a bad thing and mean they will eventually cancel the cruise.  But maybe that's a good thing and they really want a reduced capacity.  

• Like 1

I think test cruises require 10% of the normal amount of passengers.  If they are doing test cruises, Mardi Gras has capacity from 5282 to 6465.  So, maybe they will try to get around 800 people for the test cruise.  That's a lot of people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I'm just curious as to how close they are to submitting paperwork to the CDC for test cruises.  I noticed that RC has already done that.

Carnival might have already and haven't announced it. They seem to hold most of the information in till they're ready.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stellarose said:

if September does not sail for MG- hmmmm. makes me worry about December. 

If they're not going to sail the Mardi Gras soon they would have left her in Barcelona to capture the summer season in the Mediterranean.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, stellarose said:

if September does not sail for MG- hmmmm. makes me worry about December. 

Why worry so much about December?  Things are finally looking better for cruises to start up fairly soon.  We're booked on Mardi Gras 12/11 and I'm not going to drive myself crazy stressing about it - I'm optimistic she'll be sailing well before then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

So again it looks like they don't plan to go the vaccination route and instead do test cruises.

I know they were very reluctant to go the vaccine cruise route. Lets get some cruises rolling EVEN if Carnival has to go with the CDC Vaccine guide lines. Can back off later