The Best Solution

LouChamp

Do what makes you comfortable.   I have two for next year and won’t pay anymore until I see a successful sailing from North America.   That is my baseline. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Do what makes you comfortable.

This is good advice.

2 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Wait it out, see how it goes, sail next year hopefully 

For more than one reason, I am not yet ready to "hit the road" or "sail the seven seas" yet.  

Post 2020 GWV, never mind Covid-19; for me it is all about logistics.  The world (and the governments that control it) seems in an unstable place at the moment.  I don't want to end up in another "You can't get there from here" situation.

For 15 months we have been waiting for the resumption of cruising.

Now that it is slowly starting up again, I realize that the pandemic has changed me.

At least for the time being. The thought of boarding a cruise ship with 2,000 people is not appealing at all. Then there is the Lido, main dinning, theatre etc. 

I do hope it won't be a long term phobia but it is definitely there for me.

Perhaps, tomorrow I will wake up and life will be back to normal or the new normal.

16 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Wait it out, see how it goes, sail next year hopefully 

My group at work is building new facilities in South America.  We are now sending teams down from the USA now that we are vaccinated. 

Going on a round-trip Alaska cruise from Seattle with everyone on board vaccinated isn't very risky.  Especially with all the ports stops being in the USA. 

igraf

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

I have waited long enough. Having two cruises already canceled, I am ready to cruise in November, this year!!!

We're in the same boat too 🙃

So doing a short  local cruise in July up the west coast on a tall ship (Golden Horizon) to test it all out

and get back in  to "cruise mode" for 24nights on the Westerdam next summer hopefully! 🙄

• Like 1

Wait and see.  Perhaps next year.  Not afraid to travel. No compelling rush for us to cruise.

Subject to covid we hope to do five or six weeks of land travel  in Greece this fall.  Land travel for next winter in SE Asia if it is open. 

Perhaps a cruise in late 2022.

Edited by iancal

2 hours ago, bajakiter said:

For 15 months we have been waiting for the resumption of cruising.

Now that it is slowly starting up again, I realize that the pandemic has changed me.

At least for the time being. The thought of boarding a cruise ship with 2,000 people is not appealing at all. Then there is the Lido, main dinning, theatre etc. 

I do hope it won't be a long term phobia but it is definitely there for me.

Perhaps, tomorrow I will wake up and life will be back to normal or the new normal.

I feel the same way and am content to wait till 2022.