Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

42 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

No buzzing atmosphere, in fact I couldn’t believe how quiet the Sky Lounge was between 5-7. 
We ended up going to the Ensemble lounge on most nights and we saw the Captain’s Club host there talking to passengers.

I suppose with the reduced numbers onboard, the suites sailing full and only UK passengers reducing the number of Elites, along with the changes in Elite benefits, the attraction of the Sky Lounge at that time of day will have waned a bit.

If the Retreat was overflowing into the Ensemble lounge then it makes sense there would have been more activity down there, especially with the proximity to the dining locations.

Also hard to get a 'buzzing atmosphere' when you are not supposed to be grouping up with other passengers that you are not travelling with...

1 hour ago, travelsoftwo said:

Hi all - I have a question for folk who have been on this cruise already. My mother in law has just returned from her cruise and complained that, as a single female traveller, she found it very hard to get served at the bars. She thought that male guests were served in precedence to her and I was curious if anyone else had this experience. It doesn't seem to fit with expectations of Celebrity (or any cruise line really). My sister was hoping to book onto the same cruise in a few week's time but she's concerned about the service, as she would also be a single female traveller. I'd appreciate any feedback about service on the ship, particularly for women travelling on their own. It just doesn't seem right to me but I obviously wasn't there! Thanks all.

Hi - I’ve just come back from a week on board as a solo female guest and I can honestly say I had no issues with ordering drinks at the bar or any other aspect of service. My stateroom attendant was superb and made sure I had everything I needed (shout out to Theodora on deck 12). I had one disappointing meal in Lawn Club Grill where I felt slightly ignored but service in all the other restaurants (MDR included) was as good as ever. 

This was my second solo cruise on Silhouette and I’d recommend it to anyone wanting to cruise on their own. 

On 8/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, chemmo said:

Thanks for the reply! Was the lobster cooked tableside or simply brought in pre cooked? Not a big deal, we love Murano food anyway but just wanted to know if that extra ‘drama’ that tableside preparation provides is presently being provided. 

We disembarked yesterday after a brilliant cruise. Happy to confirm that the lobster in Murano was prepared at the table and flamed expertly by Mohammed who was, like almost the whole crew, charming and efficient. Also had lobster and beef wellington combo in the Grand Cuvee restaurant which like all the dinners was very good indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davethewasp said:

We disembarked yesterday after a brilliant cruise. Happy to confirm that the lobster in Murano was prepared at the table and flamed expertly by Mohammed who was, like almost the whole crew, charming and efficient. Also had lobster and beef wellington combo in the Grand Cuvee restaurant which like all the dinners was very good indeed.

Excellent news!

2 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi - I’ve just come back from a week on board as a solo female guest and I can honestly say I had no issues with ordering drinks at the bar or any other aspect of service. My stateroom attendant was superb and made sure I had everything I needed (shout out to Theodora on deck 12). I had one disappointing meal in Lawn Club Grill where I felt slightly ignored but service in all the other restaurants (MDR included) was as good as ever. 

This was my second solo cruise on Silhouette and I’d recommend it to anyone wanting to cruise on their own. 

Thank you so much - that's very reassuring to hear. And I'm glad you had a great cruise 🙂

6 hours ago, davethewasp said:

Where is the Grand Cuvee restaurant, I don’t think I’ve heard of that one and we have been on lots of Celebrity cruises ? 

I posted earlier but just wondering if  anyone has managed get their PCR cost refund yet? We sailed 17th July and nothing yet. I did get a call from USA Celebrity a week ago asking for my debit card details but nothing. Not happy 😞 

1 hour ago, 38anchor said:

I posted earlier but just wondering if  anyone has managed get their PCR cost refund yet? We sailed 17th July and nothing yet. I did get a call from USA Celebrity a week ago asking for my debit card details but nothing. Not happy 😞 

Hi.

if you don't mind me asking.

who did you book your private P.C.R test with ?

and why you did not use Eurofins?

We are sailing with Royal Caribbean from Southampton soon and there does not seem to be a Eurofins near where we live in North wales.

starting to find some of this a little frustrating.

2 minutes ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

We are sailing with Royal Caribbean from Southampton soon and there does not seem to be a Eurofins near where we live in North wales.

I am currently on the Silhouette and live on Anglesey. There are Eurofins testing in Caernarfon and Llanrwst. Very quick and got my results back next morning 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 38anchor said:

Hello.  We were on the 3rd July sailing and arranged our own PCR test.  We submitted the request for a refund on the 17th July, received a telephone call about a week or so after that requesting bank details (which I found a little unnerving ) and received the refund on the 4th August, although I was told it could take up to 30 days to refund.  I hope that helps. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gingercruiser said:

I am currently on the Silhouette and live on Anglesey. There are Eurofins testing in Caernarfon and Llanrwst. Very quick and got my results back next morning 

Thank you for your reply.

We sail on a Sunday but are travelling down early Saturday.

when would you recommend we book our test for.

Thanks for your help 

1 hour ago, mrpie90 said:

Thanks for your help 

Test needs to be within 3 days of sail date so if you are sailing on a Sunday book the test for Thursday or Friday. 

1 hour ago, mrpie90 said:

Thanks for your help 

Although now out of date, CelebrityCruises had this guide on their web site. You can see the pattern.

071E5C9F-480B-4A52-A29C-8AB29C4591DA.png

2 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Thanks for your help 

You are not sailing with Celebrity though are you?

Not sure if Royal Caribbean are following the same protocol?

Just been looking on App and Luminae doesn’t show anything for lunch apart from embarkation day. Assume lunch is offered on sea days?

Little concerned that cruise we are on next week it won’t be offered due to low passenger numbers.

7 minutes ago, woodards said:

Just been looking on App and Luminae doesn’t show anything for lunch apart from embarkation day. Assume lunch is offered on sea days?

Little concerned that cruise we are on next week it won’t be offered due to low passenger numbers.

I was on the Silhouette last week and Luminae was open 12-2pm on sea days and also 12-1.30pm on two of the port days. Passenger numbers were around 1,200 I believe, so lower than usual although I think all suites were occupied. Next week (sailing 4-Sept) around 60% of the suites are already sold so it's extremely unlikely they won't offer Luminae for lunch.

1 minute ago, woodards said:

Lunch should be offered on all sea days, regardless of numbers on board.

If the numbers on your actual cruise are low it may be worth while seeing if you can get a good lunchtime reduction for Lawn Grill or The Porch. Both are much nicer places to enjoy lunch on a sea day than Luminae. 

If (and I doubt it) they did close Luminae for lunch on sea days then visit the concierge in the Retreat and request to see the suite manager. Your Retreat package includes breakfast and dinner daily in Luminae and lunch also on sea days...

Whilst Retreat numbers are presently low there are probably several staff in Miami working out ‘move up’ bids...Luminae may be busy by the time you board....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

I was on the Silhouette last week and Luminae was open 12-2pm on sea days and also 12-1.30pm on two of the port days. Passenger numbers were around 1,200 I believe, so lower than usual although I think all suites were occupied. Next week (sailing 4-Sept) around 60% of the suites are already sold so it's extremely unlikely they won't offer Luminae for lunch.

Thanks didn’t actually realise Luminae opened on port days. Fingers crossed. 

10 minutes ago, woodards said:

Thanks didn’t actually realise Luminae opened on port days. Fingers crossed. 

It isn’t usually....numerous cruises on several boats but these are different times...Perhaps on some cruises they are trying to limit numbers in the buffet?

Don’t be disappointed if it isn’t open port days....

9 hours ago, 38anchor said:

We were on that sailing too (17th July) and are still waiting for the refund. We had our PCR test at Boots as there was no Eurofins test centre near us at the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dollydosh said:

9 minutes ago, dollydosh said:
hours ago, 38anchor said:

Hi. We were on 23rd July sailing.  Similarly to you (mid-Wales),  there were no Eurofins within 1.5hrs at that time, so we travelled to Southampton two days ahead, and booked our PCR at a Medic Direct there… the deadline was scary!  Last week, like you, we hada call from Celebrity, checking details.  It  IS  all very slow; rather annoying.  😠

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:34 AM, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

At the time of booking there was some very negative comments and not good feedback using  Eurofins so we went with a company in Longride who where excellent. Test was  4pm and results were 9.30 am next morning