Drone video of the Mardi Gras

jimbo5544

Anyone else notice some of the balcony doors were open?  Just thought it was interesting.  I too noticed that no chairs were on the balconies which I thought odd as many other cruise lines are quarantining the crew in balcony cabins when they come on board.  Makes you wonder if they didn't have furniture out there for them?  

I also noticed (for the first time) that I completely missed it on the deck plans that this ship does not have any public areas at the front of the ship until you get all the way to the top.  Not a deal breaker, but I will for sure miss those quiet 'secret' forward decks that not many visit on some of the other ships.  They made for excellent star gazing at night due to being extremely dark because of the bridge.  Anyone else going to miss that?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruising with kiddos said:

Anyone else notice some of the balcony doors were open?  Just thought it was interesting.  I too noticed that no chairs were on the balconies which I thought odd as many other cruise lines are quarantining the crew in balcony cabins when they come on board.  Makes you wonder if they didn't have furniture out there for them?  

I also noticed (for the first time) that I completely missed it on the deck plans that this ship does not have any public areas at the front of the ship until you get all the way to the top.  Not a deal breaker, but I will for sure miss those quiet 'secret' forward decks that not many visit on some of the other ships.  They made for excellent star gazing at night due to being extremely dark because of the bridge.  Anyone else going to miss that?

In regards to the chairs or lack there of, it was suggested earlier in the thread that much of the “little things” to be ready to welcome guests are not done (no need to until they are ready to receive guests) and there might be supply issues (due to covid).  Balcony doors being open was not something I noticed but to suggest why that would be so would be pure speculation.

8 hours ago, alecto said:

The upper aft pool is the Tides pool and is also public.  The Loft 19 area is the small deck above Serenity with the square pool.  You can see the rental cabanas facing out on the sides.

Thanks for the correction.   The Serenity area is a real nice upgrade from the rest of the fleet.  Very disappointed about the downgrade of the Havana area compared to the 3 Vista Class ships.  Carnival obviously was more concerned with Loft19 and Havana was a casualty. 

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Serenity area is a real nice upgrade from the rest of the fleet.  Very disappointed about the downgrade of the Havana area compared to the 3 Vista Class ships. 

Me too.  I'm a big fan of the Havana area.  I'm booked on the Vista in February for that reason.  For the Mardi Gras in November, I booked a regular balcony on deck 15, and hope the Serenity area will be a good substitute. The Serenity area and the aft pool are my usual hang-outs during the day, for ships without Havana. The Havana area on Mardi Gras was an easy pass--I really don't see any advantage to booking it.  

10 minutes ago, naxer said:

Me too.  I'm a big fan of the Havana area.  I'm booked on the Vista in February for that reason.  For the Mardi Gras in November, I booked a regular balcony on deck 15, and hope the Serenity area will be a good substitute. The Serenity area and the aft pool are my usual hang-outs during the day, for ships without Havana. The Havana area on Mardi Gras was an easy pass--I really don't see any advantage to booking it.  

I was thinking maybe they were headed away from a whole Havana area in hopes that it will encourage people to do the cabana rentals in serenity? 
We have little kids, so we won’t be using Havana for quite some time, but I really loved the idea of the Havana area too. 

10 minutes ago, naxer said:

We did not even venture out/have access to the Havana area on the Breeze - but for our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise access comes with our (non-Havana) cabin. So, I guess I won't even be aware of what we're missing. What was the major change?

Tom

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We did not even venture out/have access to the Havana area on the Breeze - but for our upcoming Mardi Gras cruise access comes with our (non-Havana) cabin. So, I guess I won't even be aware of what we're missing. What was the major change?

Tom

I don’t believe the Breeze has the Havana area. It’s on the vista and the Panorama. 

9 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I don’t believe the Breeze has the Havana area. It’s on the vista and the Panorama. 

Well - then I REALLY guess I didn't miss anything!  (where was I, lol) !!

Tom

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

8 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

1 minute ago, stellarose said:

no havana area on Breeze.

Correct.  The Havana area is on the 3 Vista Class ships at the aft of deck 5, with a good size pool, 2 large hot tubs and 2 tiki huts that you can soak your feet in.  It was reduced to a much smaller area on the two Excel Class ships located on the starboard side of deck 8 just forward of the mid ship atrium.  Carnival seemed to be more interested in the Loft 19 area, which you may have access to Tom if your 8/7 Mardi Gras cruise sails.