Carnival announcement of Cd's, Anyone else notice the wording for the Horizon

lele100

Here is the latest announcement from Carnival, announcing the CD's for the first ships to sail.  Notice how all the ships have a date and the Horizon does not.  I say there is a good chance that they will cancel if they cannot come to an agreement with federal and state gov't

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE ANNOUNCES CRUISE DIRECTORS FOR FOUR SHIPS AS IT PREPARES TO RESTART GUEST OPERATIONS THIS SUMMER
Ships Include Carnival Breeze and Vista from Galveston, Horizon from Miami and Miracle from Seattle Sailing this July
MIAMI, June 8, 2021 – As Carnival Cruise Line prepares for its summer restart, the company announced today the slate of cruise directors who will entertain guests on its first four ships sailing from Miami, Galveston and Seattle.
At the helm of the excitement on board will be Jonathan “Cookie” Adams on Carnival Breeze and Kyndall Magyar on Carnival Vista from Galveston, as well as Chris Salazar on Carnival Horizon from Miami and Jen Baxter on Carnival Miracle from Seattle this July.
“As we continue to ramp up in preparation for our return to service, we are bringing back the fun in many ways, and our wonderful cruise directors who define the fun aboard our ships will be leading the charge,” said Chris Nelson, vice president of entertainment for Carnival Cruise Line. “We’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time, and we are getting ready to finally give our guests the amazing vacation experiences they know and love.”
Carnival Cruise Line has confirmed its plans to return to guest operations from Port of Galveston on July 3 with Carnival Vista, followed by the return of operations on Carnival Breeze on July 15, as well as a series of Alaska voyages from Seattle on Carnival Miracle beginning July 27. The other ship and port identified for a July restart is Carnival Horizon from PortMiami.
----------------
I will have more Cruise Director updates in the days ahead and will have Facebook Live interviews with each of these brilliant people.

44 minutes ago, lele100 said:

Notice how all the ships have a date and the Horizon does not.

That's because Carnival already announced they aren't sure what is happening with Horizon/Florida due to the ongoing "discussions" amongst CCL, CDC, and the State of FL.

i.e. they are waiting for the other shoe to drop in the lawsuit hearing on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

That's because Carnival already announced they aren't sure what is happening with Horizon/Florida due to the ongoing "discussions" amongst CCL, CDC, and the State of FL.

i.e. they are waiting for the other shoe to drop in the lawsuit hearing on Thursday.

I thought the waiting was to announce the protocols, etc.not to decide rather they are sailing or not,  I thought that was already decided for sure, or at least John Heald said so

2 minutes ago, lele100 said:

I thought the waiting was to announce the protocols, etc.not to decide rather they are sailing or not,  I thought that was already decided for sure, or at least John Heald said so

The protocol announcement (this afternoon, supposedly) is for the Galveston sailings in July, nothing more.

To quote form their press release yesterday concerning the Horizon sailings:

"Carnival continues to work with both the State of Florida and the CDC for Carnival Horizon sailings and plans to provide an update by Friday concerning protocols specific to these sailings to all booked guests. "

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The protocol announcement (this afternoon, supposedly) is for the Galveston sailings in July, nothing more.

To quote form their press release yesterday concerning the Horizon sailings:

"Carnival continues to work with both the State of Florida and the CDC for Carnival Horizon sailings and plans to provide an update by Friday concerning protocols specific to these sailings to all booked guests. "

Exactly, so Friday is an update for the protocols for the Horizon sailings, not rather or not the sailings will be cancelled

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 11:02 AM, jimbo5544 said:

What makes you think that?

Because the cruises are going out everywhere else with little or no issue. The problem is Florida.

• Haha 1