Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

On 6/18/2021 at 10:24 AM, phonejock said:

I just had time to read the new guidelines. I see that they say something about that the name on the card must match your ID.   Hmmmm They left off my middle initial on the card. ( it would be very obvious if I added it. ) Also, in the last column it has CVS stamped and the time I was vaccinated, no signature or initials.  Unfortunately we do not have any cruises booked right now.

We will definitely have to verify things with our TA when we do. All the best to everyone 😊

Maybe go back to CVS and ask them to make you a new card with your full name?

On 6/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Would it not be smarter to place wrist bands on the unvaccinated?  There would be less wristbands used...

As was noted on a video that I watched on YouTube: wristbands can be removed. RCCL is going to use wristbands for vax and hole punch in cruise card for unvax.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, CeeCee59 said:

Did I read that you will be required to go into the medallion app the day before to complete a health questionnaire? So we will be forced to use the app.

During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

Below are two posts from a "live from" on the Carnival Vista.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, skylane182 said:

They just looked at the card, checked the name, etc. did not verify anything as far as I could tell. 

On 7/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, msunrullieone said:

Checkin was easy. They barely glanced at our vaccine cards.

These indicate, at least for CCL and the Port of Galveston, how proof is presented and examined at check-in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

It looks like the FAQs were updated yesterday.  But after a quick read, I'm not sure what has changed as it all looks the same as what they published initially.  Maybe someone else can spot the differences https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

Looks pretty similar.  Don't have an old version and wouldn't be inclined to compare texts.  Did they perhaps "soften" up the elements of a vaccine certificate/proof? 

IDK how to interpret that early arrivals asked to wait "away from" the terminal.  I am expecting lines outside.  How far away - and what can Princess do about it?  I am not particularly concerned as will be a thing of the past by the time we cruise out of PE, FL again.  Where do they expect people to go?  The parking garage?  Out on the street?

• Like 1