Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

38 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Didn't see the December 1 sailing of the Diamond Princess on that list.

The "fully vaccinated" rules that they have published only apply to cruises from the USA but it is interesting that the Diamond has been skipped.  I wonder if they are about to reposition the ship from South America?  The Falklands announced earlier this month that they would not allow large cruise ships in for the 2021 / 2022 season due to the situation in SA (smaller ones must have quarantined for 14 days effectively eliminating these visits too).  So the omission from the list may be deliberate.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

EDITTED TO ADD:  The Alaska cruises on the Majestic aren't shown either and the rules definitely apply to these cruises.  The list was sent along with yesterday's announcement of more cancelled cruises and the new Enchanted cruises - perhaps the author just restricted the list to just the regions addressed in their reach out to TAs?

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Being the conservative type, I would prefer to cover all the bases rather than rely on specifications that could have been worded a bit better. 🙂

I'm with you!  When we show up at the dock I will have in hand as many records as possible - especially for my DH who got his injections through an AstraZeneca clinical trial.  I don't want to be left on the dock watching our cruise sail into the sunset.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I'm with you!  When we show up at the dock I will have in hand as many records as possible - especially for my DH who got his injections through an AstraZeneca clinical trial.  I don't want to be left on the dock watching our cruise sail into the sunset.

Us too.  My card shows my shots were in sept and oct 2020 since we are in the Pfizer trial.  I have a filled out signed  letter explaining this with the same info that is on the cdc card on the research institute letterhead.  That is stored and presented if questioned when I show my card.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dog said:

In Ontario, Canada my official vaccination receipt is from Ministry of Health. Says I have received 2 doses of Pfizer. Date etc. A lot of information & all typed. 
No signature or initials. 

I was referring to US CDC card.

48 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The "fully vaccinated" rules that they have published only apply to cruises from the USA but it is interesting that the Diamond has been skipped.  I wonder if they are about to reposition the ship from South America?  The Falklands announced earlier this month that they would not allow large cruise ships in for the 2021 / 2022 season due to the situation in SA (smaller ones must have quarantined for 14 days effectively eliminating these visits too).  So the omission from the list may be deliberate.  I guess we will find out soon enough.

Not sure what's happening here. This sailing is of high interest to us as we're booked on it. My initial thought on it being missing from the full vaccination list was that once it leaves San Pedro, it has no port calls in the USA.

Missing the Falklands for us isn't a big deal as we've been there twice. It's always a dicey port anyway as the weather makes it around a 50/50 proposition to actually get in. Princess could easily substitute another interesting port instead.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow. There really is a lot of info there. I worry about this part:

=================================================

What Proof of Full Vaccination Will Be Accepted?

The following formats are acceptable proofs of full vaccination: COVID-19 vaccination card (original card only; no photocopies accepted), digital COVID-19 certificate (QR code acceptable); or record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification, personal electronic health record, or government Immunization information system (IIS) record.

The following identifiers for the proof of full vaccination should include your first and last name, a patient identifier such as date of birth, medical record ID, or government ID, type of vaccine (manufacturer), date of all doses administered, lot number, if available, and healthcare professional or clinic site name. The proof of full vaccination must show that your final dose of vaccine was received at least two weeks (14 days) prior to the beginning of the cruise. Alternative proof may be required if there are questions and concerns about the proof of vaccination you produce. During check-in at the terminal, you will be required to show full proof of vaccination. If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund, credit or compensation of any kind.

=================================================

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

We discussed this in the car last night (had to get kids for a SF Staycation day today) and none of us have an identifier on the card. They didn't ask me for ID (Walgreens), they asked Rafa for his but didn't write it in (mass vax site), Anna is too young for state ID (CVS). 3 different sites. None wrote it down or seems the least bit interested in whether we had health insurance or not!! But all cards meet other requirements 

Wonder how this will be handled if we opt into the proposed digital wallet system (info due today)

26 minutes ago, Ombud said:

We discussed this in the car last night (had to get kids for a SF Staycation day today) and none of us have an identifier on the card.

Just write your date of birth on the card as that is an identifier.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, caribill said:

Just write your date of birth on the card as that is an identifier.

They had us write our own names and birth dates on the cards. Then they just stamped the date, initialed it, and stuck the stickers from the vaccine vials on the card. Princess is going to have to figure out that things were done in a myriad of ways. Expecting uniform info on the cards is unrealistic.

• Like 5

I just had time to read the new guidelines. I see that they say something about that the name on the card must match your ID.   Hmmmm They left off my middle initial on the card. ( it would be very obvious if I added it. ) Also, in the last column it has CVS stamped and the time I was vaccinated, no signature or initials.  Unfortunately we do not have any cruises booked right now.

We will definitely have to verify things with our TA when we do. All the best to everyone 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phonejock said:

Hmmmm They left off my middle initial on the card. ( it would be very obvious if I added it. ) A

I doubt very much that the omission of your middle initial will be an issue.  Our cards do not have our middle names or initials...

16 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

and then of course we have the arrival time issue.....

What if I arrive at the terminal before my assigned time?
If you come to the terminal before your arrival time, you will be asked to wait away from the terminal until you are permitted to enter during your specified arrival time.

So I have to check out of my hotel at 11, won't have a car, will have my luggage, and if I don't end up with an early arrival time....where would I be 'hanging out'?

I'd say drop of any baggage for porters and go have lunch somewhere or just have to wait in line outside the terminal.

Hopefully this arrival group thing won't last past 2021 and we can go back to arriving when we want.  Seems to have worked well enough before now.  Hope they have sense to start early.

Another thought is that people are supposed to get this from the app, but if no smart device how will they know their default assignment.  So they show up when otherwise would and told to come back in 2 hrs???

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

the proposed digital wallet system (info due today)

Its up & working!! If your in California,  it can be found at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov my info blocked out but its there!!

20210618_111450.thumb.jpg.a7478bed7f2d9df8d13c5d66393dc8d0.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Not sure what's happening here. This sailing is of high interest to us as we're booked on it. My initial thought on it being missing from the full vaccination list was that once it leaves San Pedro, it has no port calls in the USA.

Missing the Falklands for us isn't a big deal as we've been there twice. It's always a dicey port anyway as the weather makes it around a 50/50 proposition to actually get in. Princess could easily substitute another interesting port instead.

We are on the ship in January so I have been paying attention too.  We've been to the Falklands twice and agree that missing it won't be a big deal for us.  But the reason for cancelling is because of the Covid situation in South America and it obviously is concerning enough for them to cancel their season this far out.  And if Princess has the same concerns about conditions in these countries, it may not bode well for our cruise(s).  They haven't even acknowledged the elimination of the Falklands call yet but I imagine we will hear something soon.  They clearly have a lot on their hands right now.

37 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Its up & working!! If your in California,  it can be found at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov my info blocked out but its there!!

20210618_111450.thumb.jpg.a7478bed7f2d9df8d13c5d66393dc8d0.jpg

Nice! I wish AZ would join the digital party instead of the paper application process. But I suppose this is kind of hypocritical of me isn't it, since I've been blasting Princess for going all-mobile! 😒

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

I just need to scan my driver's license so I can upload it to the state site. I'm not sure a photo of the license will work. Any thoughts on that?

A digital photograph should work fine. Just make sure it is in a standard format.

6 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

They have to because it clearly states in the medallion brochure that those with pacemakers and implants shouldn't use the medallion because of magnets. What company in it's right legal mind would force you to do something they state in writing not to do.

I came across the design doc for the medallion and the function of the magnet is so the medallion can be magnetically held on a wrist band, etc. In theory one could open the medallion and remove the 4 magnets. For those familiar with FCC OET and want to see more the key is 2ANQX.

The medallions do use BLE (bluetooth low energy) and NFC.

I would be more concerned with the BLE causing interference than the magnets though the SAR from BLE is quite low.

Edited by brisalta

18 hours ago, runner2013 said:

I'm curious how Princess is going to distinguish who is vaccinated vs. who isn't on board?

Maybe some sort of wrist band for those who are?  I'm thinking most people would be more willing to wear one to show they don't need a mask vs. those who aren't, since they would be expected to follow more safety/health protocals. . 

Carnival has already announced they will be using wristbands for vaccinated guests on their July/Aug cruises. Perhaps Princess will follow their lead. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joepeka said:

Being the conservative type, I would prefer to cover all the bases rather than rely on specifications that could have been worded a bit better. 🙂

I suspect an altered CDC card may be treated with suspicion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Carnival has already announced they will be using wristbands for vaccinated guests on their July/Aug cruises. Perhaps Princess will follow their lead. 

why ? - won't that info be encoded into the OM that you WILL be carrying at all times if you want to enter venues ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Would it not be smarter to place wrist bands on the unvaccinated?  There would be less wristbands used...