Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

We discussed this in the car last night (had to get kids for a SF Staycation day today) and none of us have an identifier on the card. They didn't ask me for ID (Walgreens), they asked Rafa for his but didn't write it in (mass vax site), Anna is too young for state ID (CVS). 3 different sites. None wrote it down or seems the least bit interested in whether we had health insurance or not!! But all cards meet other requirements 

Wonder how this will be handled if we opt into the proposed digital wallet system (info due today)

Ombud you are in California so use https://cairforms.cairweb.org/AuthorizationToRelease/AuthorizationToRelease to get a hard copy of your record from the CAIR system

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

Would it not be smarter to place wrist bands on the unvaccinated?  There would be less wristbands used...

Perhaps they are concerned about the unvaccinated removing the wristbands so as to blend into the crowd. 

Don't know why for sure. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

A digital photograph should work fine. Just make sure it is in a standard format.

They only accept a single document and I wanted to include both the front and back. I put both images into a word document but they don't accept that format. D'Oh! I saved the Word doc as a pdf and sent that with both images on it. That was accepted so I'll wait and see what happens.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They only accept a single document and I wanted to include both the front and back. I put both images into a word document but they don't accept that format. D'Oh! I saved the Word doc as a pdf and sent that with both images on it. That was accepted so I'll wait and see what happens.

I would use ImageMagick and from the command line do something like:

> magick convert +append 1.png 2.png result.png

so there would be one image file with both pictures in it.

If they complain about the pdf you can try that.

Edited by brisalta
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

I suspect an altered CDC card may be treated with suspicion.

Mine was already written on by 2 different people with different pen colors it’s a mess…they can’t be too picky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Would it not be smarter to place wrist bands on the unvaccinated?  There would be less wristbands used...

To easy to cut off and look just like the vaccinated people with no wristband.

• Like 1

Just now, Jadn13 said:

Mine was already written on by 2 different people with different pen colors it’s a mess…they can’t be too picky. 

Ours as well (two different people, two different pen colors) plus we had to fill in name, DOB and (once I found it) the record ID number. So, in a way, I guess they are all "altered."

• Like 1

U.S. District Judge Steven Merryday in Tampa on Friday granted a preliminary injunction against the CDC and its sailing order, kicking in July 18. Beginning then, the CDC’s conditional sailing order will remain, but on the same “non-binding” level that applies to other travel industries, like airlines and hotels.

“This order finds that Florida is highly likely to prevail on the merits of the claim that CDC’s conditional sailing order and the implementing orders exceed the authority delegated to CDC,” Merryday wrote.

The injunction is stayed until July 18, at which time the CSO will only stay as a non-binding consideration, recommendation or guideline.

The court also noted the CDC may propose a “narrower injunction” no later than July 2. Both parties are also being ordered back to the mediation table.

• Thanks 1

I was able to find the official immunization record being used by the state of Washington (and a number of other states) using the myirmobile.com website.  There is an option to download a certificate of vaccination issued by the state Department of Health.  I downloaded mine and it shows my name, DOB, and the date, manufacturer and lot numbers for both of my shots, but it doesn't show where the shots were administered (a mass vaccination site in my case) so I'm not certain if that would be considered valid proof for Princess' purposes.  I'm sure they'll have to sort these things out as they go along.

48 minutes ago, Vexorg said:

I was able to find the official immunization record being used by the state of Washington (and a number of other states) using the myirmobile.com website.  There is an option to download a certificate of vaccination issued by the state Department of Health.  I downloaded mine and it shows my name, DOB, and the date, manufacturer and lot numbers for both of my shots, but it doesn't show where the shots were administered (a mass vaccination site in my case) so I'm not certain if that would be considered valid proof for Princess' purposes.  I'm sure they'll have to sort these things out as they go along.

Thank you for this info ... unfortunately, Illinois does not participate.

I checked with our state dph ... while I can complete and submit a form to obtain a record of my vaccine, I must include a valid fax # ... they claim this is due to privacy concerns.

So, I have my CDC card evidencing my vaccination ... and if that is not satisfactory to whatever entity, such as a cruiseline, I am not jumping thru any hoops ... I can live with the outcome and go on another cruiseline or take a different type of vacation.  

Edited by pms4104

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

If you have an apple product there is a scan feature in “notes” and “files”.  
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210336

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The wrist bands, called Tracelets are for contact tracing.  If they use them everyone will need them to work properly.  Far easier than trying to program another feature into the OM.

Edited by kiwimum

Hopefully, they will have lots of extra wristbands at the Guest Services Desk.  Our first cruise is a 15 day Hawaii cruise on November 5th.   I will need several wristband changes over a 15 day cruise to avoid growing fungus/bacteria on them!!!

9 hours ago, bouhunter said:

OMG, relax people.  If you have a vaccine card they'll let you on.

Exactly.  This won't be a customs inspection.  If you have a card, bring it.  You'll be all set.  Do you really think they will scrutinize so aggressively?  At most I bet you flash it and they MIGHT give it a glance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

See my Post #63. I've now got digital verification 😁

I tried that and it did not work for me. I checked UCSF MyChart and all the details of my vaccinations are there. I suspect that the state digital verification site is still up loading data. I will try again in a few days.

15 hours ago, voljeep said:

why ? - won't that info be encoded into the OM that you WILL be carrying at all times if you want to enter venues ?

They would need staff there with readers, checking everyone coming in.  Seems a bother.  And not sure the restrictions relate so much to entering a venue as being required to wear mask.

Whether or not its programmed into the OM I would prefer to have a visual indication of who is or isn't vaccinated. Maybe I have a jaded sense of folks, but my first instinct is some people who are not vaccinated won't follow safety protocols if it isn't enforced and/or it's left up to the 'honor system'. Honestly, who really wants to wear a mask or social distance on a cruise? 

I firmly believe to each his own when it comes to the vaccine. Folks don't want it, its their choice and who am I to tell them otherwise? But I'd like to be given the choice to leave more space or try to "avoid" unvaccinated folks if at all possible. (i'm not 'shaming' anyone with this statement so please no comments about being rude)   My concern is you've got an unvaccinated person who unknowingly has the virus, brings it onboard, doesn't follow safety protocols and spreads it to other folks who aren't vaccinated who also are not following protocol.  Next thing you know, a portion of the ship is quarantined and we're headed back to port and our vacation is cut short. 

For me, I say a wristband for the vaccinated folks. My feeling, (again, not criticizing anyone here) is those of us who are vaccinated would be much more forthcoming with our status than those who weren't. 

• Like 7

On 6/17/2021 at 6:02 PM, azbirdmom said:

They have finally published the guidelines for vaccinated vs. unvaccinated customers including masks, proof required, what's available on the ship, etc.  There's a lot here.  Happy reading!

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

The link to the FAQ is confusing to me.  They very first two words of the FAQs are "These cruises".  I'm having trouble deciphering what are "these cruises"  Is there a list associated with the statement somewhere that I am missing?

24 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

The link to the FAQ is confusing to me.  They very first two words of the FAQs are "These cruises".  I'm having trouble deciphering what are "these cruises"  Is there a list associated with the statement somewhere that I am missing?

Sorry!  I found a link to the list of "fully vaccinated cruises" in post #18

On 6/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, Thrak said:

From what I've read here on CC there are a lot of vaccination cards that don't include the name of the facility. I know ours don't have that and only have scribbled initials from the person who did the injection. Sounds like I may want to do the process to get the record from the state.

The facility  (clinic, medical group, hospital PHO, etc.) that provided your vacc has a record. Just a matter of getting it directly from them, rather than from the state, which will be more cumbersome and time consuming. In my case, I got it at a medical station from my own health clinic they had setup at the state's fairgrounds. But, unless one was familiar with the health center, it would have been difficult to prove it was legit, for it just had the center's initials followed by "State Fairgrounds."  My health center had a record of it in my online patient profile's medical record so I just downloaded and printed it out. It included the full name of the medical facility, the vacc record with dates, type of vacc, and results as per CDC guidelines,. It also had the name of the physician under whose license the vacc was administered.

On 6/17/2021 at 8:12 PM, ijscheer said:

So how is Princess getting around the Florida/DeSantis rule that vaccination proof cannot be required? Celebrity doesn't seem to be able to.

They aren’t. They’re gonna get spanked with millions of dollars in fines for every sailing out of Florida that violates the law. Moreover, FL is going to win any challenge to this law so Carnival, etc. will have to pay up. It’s going to be costly for them.

36 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

They aren’t. They’re gonna get spanked with millions of dollars in fines for every sailing out of Florida that violates the law. Moreover, FL is going to win any challenge to this law so Carnival, etc. will have to pay up. It’s going to be costly for them.

If this is the outcome, I think cruise lines will avoid sailing from Florida.  They are not going to pay millions in fines.

• Like 5