Princess has finally updated its guidelines for sailing under CDC CSO

azbirdmom

1 hour ago, PRNole47 said:

Don't know if it makes a difference, but the Nov 3rd and 5th are arrivals at Lauderdale from London. The earliest departure from Lauderdale I could find is 11/6 for the Panama Canal and 11/10 for the Southern Carib and Curacao.

You're right, I misread my search results.... still stands that Princess has been sailing from Port Everglades for decades and has several cruises scheduled to depart from there in November... so assertions that only party ships sail out of Florida and Princess doesn't are false.

38 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Thanks for mentioning this! I did the same thing and checked the code! I was wondering what would happen since I wasn't able to read the code with my QR reader. 

Bizarre, isn't it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

It appears while looking into a land vacation to Hawaii, and both your comments, it seems that in the US States can not communicate with others as far as the Covid Vaccine database (Hawaii is only waving PCR test for those that got vaccinated in HI, they say they don't have access to other states databases). This is not good

That is disappointing for sure if testing is still required for fully vaccinated people from the main land!  Cruise to Hawaii would not be as carefree because of the testing! One never knows what test results one might get!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

That is disappointing for sure if testing is still required for fully vaccinated people from the main land!  Cruise to Hawaii would not be as carefree because of the testing! One never knows what test results one might get!

The Governor of Hawaii has stated that the Covid test requirement for vaccinated mainland visitors will be waived once the State of Hawaii is 70% vaccinated.  This should happen sometime in July.  This will occur well ahead of Princess resuming cruises to Hawaii.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2021 at 1:01 AM, nocl said:

With the rules the unvaccinated will face I doubt you will see very many if any on board.

True.  I figure that my last-ever cruise was on Sky Princess in February 2020, and have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we'll never cruise again.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:49 PM, Ombud said:

@Thrakare you trying to get it from CAIR or the covid record site? https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

On 6/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, Thrak said:

That's the site that returns a message about not having my email or phone info.

Got a further reply today.

================================================================

You are receiving this email because you submitted your name and information to our troubleshooting form. Thanks to your feedback we were able to make adjustments and obtain additional contact information from providers, which improves the ability for you to retrieve a Digital Vaccine Record.

Please try to retrieve your Digital Vaccine Record again by visiting https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov. Once you do, please click on the sentence below that best describes your experience:

Once you do, please click on the sentence below that best describes your experience:

1. I retrieved my Digital Vaccine Record and no longer need help.
  2. I retrieved my Digital Vaccine Record, but one of my doses was missing or inaccurate.
  3. I cannot retrieve my Digital Vaccine Record.

Thank you for getting vaccinated and helping keep California safe. If you indicate that you need further assistance, we will follow up as we make additional progress.

-- CDPH

Tried again using my email. No go. Tried using my phone number. Nope. Clicked on the "I cannot retrieve my Digital Vaccine Record" link. Poop. Had some hope there for a minute.

38 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You are receiving this email because you submitted your name and information to our troubleshooting form. Thanks to your feedback we were able to make adjustments and obtain additional contact information from providers, which improves the ability for you to retrieve a Digital Vaccine Record.

Please try to retrieve your Digital Vaccine Record again by visiting https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov. Once you do, please click on the sentence below that best describes your experience:

Once you do, please click on the sentence below that best describes your experience:

2. I retrieved my Digital Vaccine Record, but one of my doses was missing or inaccurate.

Thank you for getting vaccinated and helping keep California safe. If you indicate that you need further assistance, we will follow up as we make additional progress.

-- CDPH

Tried again using my email. No go. Tried using my phone number. Nope. Clicked on the "I cannot retrieve my Digital Vaccine Record" link. Poop. Had some hope there for a minute.

Same e-mail, same results

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 3:17 PM, Thrak said:

-- CDPH

I was getting the same response when the https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov page first came online.  I went to the page to day and entered my information and this time it worked. I suspect some organizations were behind in uploading the data from their vaccination efforts.

I recommend trying to reach your record again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I was getting the same response when the https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov page first came online.  I went to the page to day and entered my information and this time it worked. I suspect some organizations were behind in uploading the data from their vaccination efforts.

I recommend trying to reach your record again.

Nope. Bombed out again with email and also with cell number.

On 6/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, Syracusefan44 said:

U.S. District Judge Steven Merryday in Tampa on Friday granted a preliminary injunction against the CDC and its sailing order, kicking in July 18. Beginning then, the CDC’s conditional sailing order will remain, but on the same “non-binding” level that applies to other travel industries, like airlines and hotels.

“This order finds that Florida is highly likely to prevail on the merits of the claim that CDC’s conditional sailing order and the implementing orders exceed the authority delegated to CDC,” Merryday wrote.

The injunction is stayed until July 18, at which time the CSO will only stay as a non-binding consideration, recommendation or guideline.

The court also noted the CDC may propose a “narrower injunction” no later than July 2. Both parties are also being ordered back to the mediation table.

The government has appealed - stay tuned!

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/07/06/biden-administration-takes-cruise-ship-fight-with-florida-to-appeals-court/

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/439287-cdc-appeals-ruling-that-lifted-cruise-pandemic-restrictions/

image.png.954a8adc3d3323893c288fff46e57354.png

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

@azbirdmomwe picked up our official CDC cards today showing we were vaccinated with AstraZeneca.   Happy that is out of the way.

Glad you have your's!  My hubby's CDC card is in the mail and will hopefully arrive today.  But if it doesn't, one of the trial doctors will have another one available for us to pick up.  It's a huge relief!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Glad you have your's!  My hubby's CDC card is in the mail and will hopefully arrive today.  But if it doesn't, one of the trial doctors will have another one available for us to pick up.  It's a huge relief!

AstraZeneca has submitted their package for approval with the FDA.  According to our team, no feedback yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwimum said:

AstraZeneca has submitted their package for approval with the FDA.  According to our team, no feedback yet.

Interesting, I didn't hear any reports about that.  But then I didn't ask when I called last week, I was just interested in getting that CDC card so we can cruise in a month.  Was it EU or full approval?

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Interesting, I didn't hear any reports about that.  But then I didn't ask when I called last week, I was just interested in getting that CDC card so we can cruise in a month.  Was it EU or full approval?

Didn’t ask today, previously we were told full approval as there is no need for EU.

• Like 1

"A federal judge denied a request Wednesday from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to keep its COVID-19 safety regulations for Florida cruises in effect, clearing the path for them to turn into simply recommendations on July 18.

The CDC asked U.S. District Judge Steven Merryday of the Middle District of Florida to lift the deadline — part of a preliminary injunction he put in place last month after Gov. Ron DeSantis sued the CDC in April — while the case goes through the appeal process. The CDC argues that without its regulations, cruise ships could exacerbate the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Merryday said in his ruling Wednesday that the CDC’s argument ignores state and local oversight and the improvements cruise companies have made to their operations since COVID-19 outbreaks caused deaths on several ships last year."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article252634543.html?utm_source=pushly&intcid=pushly_1157028&fbclid=IwAR2IEmMJCaVMyHaWctcTWsxS-iOdkInlsMUpL_kO1kl7rB9j_KA0KyPfFm4

• Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 3:11 PM, Thrak said:

Nope. Bombed out again with email and also with cell number.

You're sure you got the right shot???? (Sorry -- couldn't resist) 

I've read that they will accept verification 3 ways:

1. CDC form

2. Health records reflecting shot

3. State verification 

So you should be okay. FWIW the state registry doesn't recognize my granddaughter but she has #1 & #2. She's not old enough for ID

Edited by Ombud

On 7/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, azbirdmom said:

FDA does not perform approvals for the EU. The EU does its own approvals for member countries.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

You're sure you got the right shot???? (Sorry -- couldn't resist) 

I've read that they will accept verification 3 ways:

1. CDC form

2. Health records reflecting shot

3. State verification 

So you should be okay. FWIW the state registry doesn't recognize my granddaughter but she has #1 & #2. She's not old enough for ID

Your granddaughter's vaccine record should be in the state vaccine registry at some point. The vaccination provider is probably behind in up loading records.

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/faq

19 minutes ago, brisalta said:

FDA does not perform approvals for the EU. The EU does its own approvals for member countries.

EU = Emergency Use, alternately abbreviated as EUA or Emergency Use Authorization.  So if you'll go back to read what I said, I was asking if Kiwimum knew if AstraZeneca had applied for Emergency Use (which was the authorization granted by the FDA for the 3 vaccines currently used in the USA) or Full authorization.  I've since learned that AstraZeneca has submitted data for the full authorization.  It was done quietly and without the fanfare associated with the other vaccines after they applied.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

EU = Emergency Use, alternately abbreviated as EUA or Emergency Use Authorization.  So if you'll go back to read what I said, I was asking if Kiwimum knew if AstraZeneca had applied for Emergency Use (which was the authorization granted by the FDA for the 3 vaccines currently used in the USA) or Full authorization.  I've since learned that AstraZeneca has submitted data for the full authorization.  It was done quietly and without the fanfare associated with the other vaccines after they applied.

There is only one abbreviation that means what you think and that is EUA which is abbreviation for Emergency Use Authorization. See https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/emergency-use-authorization-medical-products-and-related-authorities#scope

EU stands for European Union.

Edited by brisalta
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:33 PM, triple7tahoe said:

I had to read a little more and hope that the "healthcare professional" that signed my card is adequate to meet requirement??

The entry under the "Health Care Professional or Clinic Site" field on the CDC card that is of most importance to meeting the CDC vaccine verification requirement is not the one who signed your card or the person administering the injection. It is the physician, medical clinic, or other medical facility under whose license the injections are being administered. If there isn't any entry that is readily identifiable as a "medical entity,"  whether an individual medical provider or facility, then you may have to retrieve a copy of your vacc record from the entity under which the injections were administered. That record will identify the name of the physician under whose license the vacc was administered.