Question for Pinnacles

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Big bucks is highly subjective.😉

Personally, I'm fine keeping SL for suites as long as current voucher program stays 

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

i think pinnacle will get the diamond lounge, and everyone else will get the vouchers.

Edited by ericfromri

4 hours ago, ericfromri said:

i think pinnacle will get the diamond lounge, and everyone else will get the vouchers.

This should be fun. Looking forward to the retorts😇

Personally, on an Oasis ship, I'd prefer Dazzles. It's worked well in the past

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don’t like seeing anyone lose benefits that they had been awarded.  I am thinking that eventually something will have to change just based on numbers.  What that will be is anyone’s guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

I don’t like seeing anyone lose benefits that they had been awarded.  I am thinking that eventually something will have to change just based on numbers.  What that will be is anyone’s guess.

If it were to change drastically, such as SL access, this would be the time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

Adding / converting more space for lounges really isn't an option. 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Adding / converting more space for lounges really isn't an option. 

Agreed.  Royal’s benefits for loyal passengers are one of the best in the industry, IMO.  Wondering how a decrease in benefits (such as lounge access) would change cruisers minds about being exclusive to Royal?  I am sure that Royal is not looking to lose customers at this time.  I have said in the past that I think the many times repeat cruiser helps any cruise line during the off season and are more beneficial to the bottom line than the one time suite passenger.

Wondering, after all Covid issues settle down, will there be a decrease in those wanting to cruise after all the bad press?  Thinking newbies here, not experienced cruisers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Agreed.  Royal’s benefits for loyal passengers are one of the best in the industry, IMO.  Wondering how a decrease in benefits (such as lounge access) would change cruisers minds about being exclusive to Royal?  I am sure that Royal is not looking to lose customers at this time.  I have said in the past that I think the many times repeat cruiser helps any cruise line during the off season and are more beneficial to the bottom line than the one time suite passenger.

Wondering, after all Covid issues settle down, will there be a decrease in those wanting to cruise after all the bad press?  Thinking newbies here, not experienced cruisers.

originally, there was supposed to be a level between d+ and pinnacle.  if it wasnt for the concierge club access years ago, i would have stuck to Celebrity.  the concierge club is my favorite benefit.

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

you're right about that 2 story jazz club.  the music in there was good and was nice and relaxed.

58 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I much prefer the expanded drink program to the 3 1/2 hour unlimited drinks in the overcrowded lounge. And for now, thevDL access is still there with it's lovely coffee machine

• Like 4

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I much prefer the expanded drink program to the 3 1/2 hour unlimited drinks in the overcrowded lounge. And for now, thevDL access is still there with it's lovely coffee machine

I can certainly live with that.  If I drank 6 alcoholic beverages in day I would be under the table.  Not a way to spend a cruise! So six sodas/waters/wines a day are enough for me.  What I would miss is the relatively quiet SL/CL on sea days.  Katherine

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wow, pictured you as a Lounge type.............have you all wrong. My bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I am just a lowly almost-Diamond Plus. 😁  I absolutely agree, and would feel the same way if I were Pinnacle.  I prefer the usage anywhere and all day long.  I only used the Diamond Lounge (and Suite Lounge when we have sailed in suites) for morning coffee.  Love that machine!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wow, pictured you as a Lounge type.............have you all wrong. My bad.

I've definitely spent my share of time in there.😉

But I realized on Empress, I didn't really miss it

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've definitely spent my share of time in there.😉

But I realized on Empress, I didn't really miss it

How about on TA's.............I bet you live in there right?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

How about on TA's.............I bet you live in there right?

Not the last few. We were Star on Allure and had our son with us. Prior to that was Serenade, once again son with us, so we hung out in Schooner. 

On Rhapsody TA we hung out in the overflow every afternoon. Progressive trivia was held in there and we just stayed. 

We always do early dinner, so never stay long

• Like 2