FCC and Double Points

Here's the scenario:

1. We have a cruise booked in September that goes to Canada.  The cruise has not been cancelled by Royal. 

2. Due to Canada's continued border closure we believe it probably will be cancelled.

3. We can take an FCC on that cruise.

4.  Royal 'double points' requires booking by June 30,

5.  If we take the FCC now and book the 'replacement' cruise by June 30 we would earn the double points.

6.  If we don't take the FCC now and wait for Royal to cancel (which realistically will not happen until after July 1) and then use the FCC to book the 'replacement cruise' after they announce the cancellation, will we still earn double points?  (So, restated, do we miss the double points because Royal did not cancel in time for use to make the double point deadline?)

Thoughts please?

1 hour ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Here's the scenario:

1. We have a cruise booked in September that goes to Canada.  The cruise has not been cancelled by Royal. 

2. Due to Canada's continued border closure we believe it probably will be cancelled.

5.  If we take the FCC now and book the 'replacement' cruise by June 30 we would earn the double points.

6.  If we don't take the FCC now and wait for Royal to cancel (which realistically will not happen until after July 1) and then use the FCC to book the 'replacement cruise' after they announce the cancellation, will we still earn double points?  (So, restated, do we miss the double points because Royal did not cancel in time for use to make the double point deadline?)

Thoughts please?

I had a september sailing NE/Canada sailing booked and a couple months ago was given the option to get refund, lift and shift or wait it out and see what happens.

I strongly suspected Canada was not going to open up their borders and there wasnt a similar sailing for 2022 that I liked so I took the full refund.

Another option that I have done with other sailings I knew wouldnt happen was take the funds paid on a b2b cruise and transfer to a new sailing.  They will keep the same booking number just simply change out your cruise.  This is a lot easier then waiting for a fcc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Here's the scenario:

Thoughts please?

If you can afford to put down another deposit now book a refundable replacement cruise before the end of June  

FCC can't be used towards taxes and port fees anyway so I would book to secure the double points if that's important to you. Then you can always add prepaid gratuities if you need to use up more of your FCC.