Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Not related to Medallion Class, but similarly frustrating, all airport bars/restaurants use the QR Code menu. Hard to find Wi Fi and hard to navigate menu, also keeps dropping connection. Longed for old fashioned paper menu and Doris with a flask of coffee in her hand!

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

I am having a problem entering our arrival time in the medallion app, I have entered all other information with no problems but when I go to the arrival time page it just goes blank. Has anyone else seen this problem or does anyone know how to enter the arrival times.  I have not had this problem with previous cruises.

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am having a problem entering our arrival time in the medallion app, I have entered all other information with no problems but when I go to the arrival time page it just goes blank. Has anyone else seen this problem or does anyone know how to enter the arrival times.  I have not had this problem with previous cruises.

Is it leaving from San Pedro or Galveston?  Those seem to be slow opening up.

Sailing soon?  Usually 59 days to 2 weeks before lately. 
Did you get the new App page?  Just says Princess on the App.

It was updated on Saturday. You may need to sign out and back in on the App.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Is it leaving from San Pedro or Galveston?  Those seem to be slow opening up.

Sailing soon?  Usually 59 days to 2 weeks before lately. 
Did you get the new App page?  Just says Princess on the App.

It was updated on Saturday. You may need to sign out and back in on the App.

Thanks,  I wasn't aware that there was a new version of the app, I have now updated.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:29 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Here we go again...

Just finished one cruise and now preparing for our December cruise. Right off the bat, the app is giving me issues but this time, in a new area (for me). I'm trying to order the medallion, since you need this to get into the green lane. Being in Canada, I obviously can't have it shipped (thank, Princess) but the "pick up at port" option says it's unavailable. So...what do I do? Is it because we are sailing from Galveston and it's a new port? Anyone else have this issue?

I would not stress about all of this.  We just came back from a cruise on the Enchanted being from Canada I tried also to load everything on and it would not except everything.  Kept booting me out so I gave up and when I got to the terminal they asked if I was green lane I said no Blue.  There was no worries sent me to someone who looked at my info and finished filling it all out and it took minutes and I was not the only one.  Medallion was waiting for me without me even putting anything on the app.

Since folks here have been saying there was another update to the app which "broke" their info I checked it out. When I launch the app I get:

Good Evening,

Title & Last Name!

Wowie Zowie. What great coding. Not only does it not fill in the name info it seems to feel that 12:50 PM is "evening".

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Since folks here have been saying there was another update to the app which "broke" their info I checked it out. When I launch the app I get:

Good Evening,

Title & Last Name!

Wowie Zowie. What great coding. Not only does it not fill in the name info it seems to feel that 12:50 PM is "evening".

Mine comes up with my first name and the !. Wonderful database parsing.

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Good Evening,

Title & Last Name!

Some folks (me included) found that you need to enter a “preferred name” in “personal information”. If it doesn’t let you save after doing this, something else is wrong.  In my case the phone number of my emergency contact was truncated.  Can’t explain the evening thing.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Good Evening,

Title & Last Name!

Mine says "First Name Only" but my son's has his first name and his phone is older than mine, both iPhones.  All my other info seems to be correct and my name is on all other areas.  Strange.

Something I don't understand is that my son and his lady are in separate cabin from me.  I put them in as traveling companions and tried to make standing dinner reservations for same time same dining room and the reservations are there.  However, just my picture shows so it looks like I just have a private table for myself.  What am I doing wrong?  I know you are one of the experts on this DMW stuff.

2 hours ago, t&atravel said:

Some folks (me included) found that you need to enter a “preferred name” in “personal information”. If it doesn’t let you save after doing this, something else is wrong.  In my case the phone number of my emergency contact was truncated.  Can’t explain the evening thing.

Thank you.  You are a genius.  I put in a preferred name and wouldn't let me save so went to the emergency contact info and I had an extra "1" in the phone numbers for day and night.  Changed them and now my home page says my first name instead of First Name Only.

56 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

@ThrakIgnore my name issue as t&atravel answered and it worked.  But if you know the answer to my DMW issue I would appreciate your help.  Thank you.

When I did it I just added our friends using their Booking Number. Once that was done I was able to make reservations for all of us.

Just now checked on a cruise we have booked for 2023 - which is the first cruise we have booked that isn't just the two of us. I was able to add my son, his wife, and our granddaughter as travel companions using their booking number but then it made me add them again when I looked at booking dining. Once I had them added I had to "select" each one to get a green check mark on their names. After that I was able to book for all of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

When I did it I just added our friends using their Booking Number. Once that was done I was able to make reservations for all of us.

Just now checked on a cruise we have booked for 2023 - which is the first cruise we have booked that isn't just the two of us. I was able to add my son, his wife, and our granddaughter as travel companions using their booking number but then it made me add them again when I looked at booking dining. Once I had them added I had to "select" each one to get a green check mark on their names. After that I was able to book for all of us.

I will try that.  Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Just tried it and worked like a charm.  I wasn't checking the pictures of my son and his lady.  Thanks so very much again.  Totally appreciated.

MedallionClass App Help!

We booked a last-minute cruise scheduled for October 16th.  When I get to the guest check-in page on the cruise personalizer, it shows the October cruise and tells me to use the MedallionClass App to check-in.  However, when I click on it, it takes me to the check-in for my January 6th cruise.  What am I doing wrong?  Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

6 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

MedallionClass App Help!

We booked a last-minute cruise scheduled for October 16th.  When I get to the guest check-in page on the cruise personalizer, it shows the October cruise and tells me to use the MedallionClass App to check-in.  However, when I click on it, it takes me to the check-in for my January 6th cruise.  What am I doing wrong?  Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Try logging out and then logging back in using your booking number for your Oct cruise.

7 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

MedallionClass App Help!

Your new booking takes a couple of days to populate in the MC App.

Recheck it again today. 

If it’s not showing yet.  Do your checkin on the website…

in the cruise personalizer, right below the APP buttons area… says Try our web version on the website.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Your new booking takes a couple of days to populate in the MC App.

Recheck it again today. 

If it’s not showing yet.  Do your checkin on the website…

in the cruise personalizer, right below the APP buttons area… says Try our web version on the website.

I have been using the web version because I haven't downloaded the app on my phone yet.  I guess I'll just wait a few more days.  Thank you bafinegan and PacnGoNow

2 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

Tried multiple times and still no luck.

When did you book this new one?

1 hour ago, sfpd3000 said:

I have been using the web version because I haven't downloaded the app on my phone yet.  I guess I'll just wait a few more days.  Thank you bafinegan and PacnGoNow

I’m a little confused with this statement.

You said it doesn’t show up on the cruise personalizer?  Did you book it with a TA or CVP or online yourself?

You must show it on the website cruise personalizer or it may not be booked.

Go ahead and download the MedallionClass App (Princess) on your phone.  

When I said it takes a couple of days to populate, I was referring to from the Princess website to the MedallionClass App that you need to download.

LMK

13 hours ago, sfpd3000 said:

MedallionClass App Help!

Might need to wait a day or two for a new booking to show.

10 hours ago, bafinegan said:

Try logging out and then logging back in using your booking number for your Oct cruise.

That's what I have to do. I've tried on the web-based app for both of us and it persists in showing our cruise for April '23 instead of the one that's booked next month.

As many have said...they fix one thing and break something else.