Marina and Riviera identical?

avalong

We've been on Marina, but our first experience on Riviera is next February. Are they identical in every way? I seem to have a vague recollection that there are some differences.

34 minutes ago, avalong said:

We've been on Marina, but our first experience on Riviera is next February. Are they identical in every way? I seem to have a vague recollection that there are some differences.

Spa Terrace is a little different, different artwork. I'm sure other little things. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have spent many days on both so the same plus a few refinements make her a bit different. Oceania had the opportunity to make some improvements from Marina.  We are scheduled out on Riviera October 18 so we will take a look in person and share some thoughts. There are some subtle things like electrical plugs by the bed, Baristas has been really improved by taking some space for a seating area from the Internet Cafe and I believe they also serve wine in Baristas in the evenings. As mentioned previously, the enhanced T pool in the Spa.  
I get the feeling when on Riviera the staff likes to project an image that they are the O cruises top dog. Guess we will see what happens when Vista arrives and sets sail. New Top Dog I am sure with the new Vista class ships. 
Gerry

• Thanks 1

I have not seen wine in Barristas   but we have not been on the Riviera for a few years now

They did not have it there on Marina in 2019

I believe they just  did the makeover on Marina  Barristas area  to match the Riviera

KITTY 9 had posted the photos of the Riviera makeover in that area

Following up on ORV’s comment above in post 2, the artwork is far superior on Riviera. Note that I speak from my vast expertise acquired as an unpaid docent for more than a dozen years at the Cincinnati Art Museum only 35 years after my excellent three university art history courses.😉 For those interested in exploring the art collection further, one can take a DIY tour of the art onboard using an electronic device you can borrow from Guest Services with an accompanying numbered map. I cannot recall if more recently this information can be downloaded onto your smartphone. Hopefully so.

Unfortunately, both Marina and Riviera share lovely but “too-low-to-the-floor” seating in the major common areas of Horizons and Martinis! 😁

Edited by CintiPam

23 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Following up on ORV’s comment above in post 2, the artwork is far superior on Riviera. Note that I speak from my vast expertise acquired as an unpaid docent for more than a dozen years at the Cincinnati Art Museum only 35 years after my excellent three university art history courses.😉 For those interested in exploring the art collection further, one can take a DIY tour of the art onboard using an electronic device you can borrow from Guest Services with an accompanying numbered map. I cannot recall if more recently this information can be downloaded onto your smartphone. Hopefully so.

Unfortunately, both Marina and Riviera share lovely but “too-low-to-the-floor” seating in the major common areas of Horizons and Martinis! 😁

I do remember about 150 minor changes not many of which we would notice but FDR, Bob and Robin did..

Jancruz1..

J