LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I sent you mine and you responded but you have not had a chance to provide any more information on joining the group. No worries. Enjoy your cruise.

Oh, my apologies. I totally forgot you sent me an e-mail. Must've been those Kalik Golds (Extra Strength) I had on the beach.

I'll pull up your e-mail again and reply back with my question. Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was playing around in my phone, specifically the Royal app and then all of a sudden the health questionnaire was available. I was able to get right in and complete it. Another check mark and one step closer to boarding Adventure OTS.

Anyone sailing tomorrow should be able to access and complete the health questionnaire now in the Royal App.

Also, after I completed the health questionnaire, I received an e-mail notification from RCI that it was available in the Royal app.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, exm said:

I am see different rates here (for example Nassau > Paradise Island is $38 above, and $27 below). Source: http://www.bahamas-travel.info/taxi_fares.htm

image.png.a631ead83a0e6696c177b3e0fc877080.png

Well, if you time travel back to 2004-2007, you'll have the correct rates from that chart. 🙂

The spreadsheet I posted was created from current information when I was unable to find anything even close to resembling current information anywhere else, and was trying to provide information to people traveling to Nassau for the Adventure of the Seas sailings, and includes the link to the actual regulation setting those rates. Even that regulation has an almost unreadable version of the chart which made it similarly unusable.

Here's a clickable version of the URL to it if you want to review it yourself...

http://laws.bahamas.gov.bs/cms/images/LEGISLATION/AMENDING/2017/2017-0039/RoadTrafficTaxi-CabNewProvidenceZoneFaresAmendmentRegulations2017.pdf

BTW, that bahamas-travel.info site probably hasn't been updated much at all since 2016, and usually when sites get abandoned they've already not been updated much for quite some time before.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Did you get your  wine   in  your  room  if you have   400  pt.

I usually get  two bottles  for  being  Diamond plus w/ 400 pt.  Yes, my 3 bottles of wine were in my cabin upon arrival, along with my welcome amenity (4 bottles of water), cookie plate and the water pkg I ordered. Recv 12 bottles of Evian (33.8 oz size) for $ 20.06 incl grats 2 masks, hand sanitizer 

@long4acruise

Hi! I am really interested in the Evian water package! Is this still available? I only see Dasani "cans" offered now on the Cruise Planner. Do I need to call Crown & Anchor to order this water package?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Edited by CruiszBug
Add more info.

I'm back at, you guessed it, the Tiki Bikini. Man, I don't know if it is the USCG t-shirt I'm wearing or if it is just me but every time I walk through the Tiki Bikini, the entire staff starts clapping and applauding me. This time, my new buddy Kenny met me at the door and walked me through and Kenny was saying; "clap for Marty, clap for Marty". I was kind of embarrassed. Probably a Tiki Bikini tradition, lol.

Kenny told me they ran out of Kalik, so he hooked me up with a Sands Passion Radler;

20210716_151452.jpg

Never had this beer before but I like it! You can definitely taste the passion fruit in it and the beer has the color of passion fruit. It's good!

My next cruise ship is in port today. The big, beautiful, modern-looking and blue-hulled Celebrity Edge. I'll be on her Oct 2nd. I'll get a picture of her.

Fortunately, no sign of tanned, muscular female MMA fighter (whew...). I'm safe for now 😉.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

@long4acruise

Hi! I am really interested in the Evian water package! Is this still available? I only see Dasani "cans" offered now on the Cruise Planner. Do I need to call Crown & Anchor to order this water package?

The Evian package has been replaced by the Dasani package. Of course, on Adventure of the Seas people were still receiving Evian water and not Dasani when they had purchased the Dasani package... at least through the 6/26/2021 sailing that I was last on. Not sure if they've switched over yet or not.

• Thanks 1

Hope everyone has a great cruise!  For anyone staying in a GS or above and able to use the suite lounge, if possible could you please post the drink menu for the suite lounge.  Thanks in advance. We are doing a B2B weeks of August 28/September 4 in a GS and am enjoying following along on all the cruises.  

It may be the 2 bottles of sangria I killed off when I got home from work talking, but I love you guys @MorganClark & @HBCcruiser! I first started following this thread to keep up with your adventures and live vicariously through you, but I did not expect it to be up to 13 pages long the next time I checked in! My goodness!

You're already making this lab rat proud. Have the times of your lives, drink at least 1 a day in my honor, and if you see the MMA person before you board I demand a picture with her or I'll forever call you a sissy Marty. So happy for you guys to be traveling tomorrow and getting back to the vacation life we all live for.

When rats are released in the wild

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

It may be the 2 bottles of sangria I killed off when I got home from work talking, but I love you guys @MorganClark & @HBCcruiser! I first started following this thread to keep up with your adventures and live vicariously through you, but I did not expect it to be up to 13 pages long the next time I checked in! My goodness!

You're already making this lab rat proud. Have the times of your lives, drink at least 1 a day in my honor, and if you see the MMA person before you board I demand a picture with her or I'll forever call you a sissy Marty. So happy for you guys to be traveling tomorrow and getting back to the vacation life we all live for.

When rats are released in the wild

This may be the Kaliks talking but I think we have kind of a "silent" agreement amongst us rats to keep politics off the main threads here on our Rat Pack forum. I know we may not agree politically but that sure as heck doesn't matter here. We are all "rat buddes".  From day one, I always thought you were awesome! And, I'm so happy that you're a rat! I'm sure I'm not the only rat that feels thus way!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

@long4acruise

@CruiszBug

I'd just selected the water pkg a when I booked as I drink lots of water and am doing a B2B. Evian is what's delivered for the pkg; an off-brand "pure water" as my onboard amenity,; thus I was very happy with the Evian. It may depend on the departure port and where food/supplies are provided from or brands they stock.

I'd heard Freeport was doing the provisioning and saw that in many of their stores on my tour.

Edited by long4acruise
  • Thanks 1