Canadians! NCL does not accept mixed doses of vaccines

Hadacareer

17 hours ago, Samstress said:

I must be blind ....but I still don't see anywhere on NCL where there is a 42 day interval limit.  Can you please post a verifiable link?

It's not, some people are trying to make it a bigger deal that it is.

• Like 4

So it appears that NCL has changed their final payment date for all cruises prior to March 31st, 2022.

Now final payment will only be due 60 days prior to sailing which makes a big difference for those of us who had cruises booked and would have to cancel due to this mixed vaccine silliness. 

I was cancelling our January 2022 cruise as final payment was due in September. I will probably hold on now and see if there are any changes to the policy after October 31st.

Cancellation Fee Schedule

Edited by willise
link added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, willise said:

So it appears that NCL has changed their final payment date for all cruises prior to March 31st, 2022.

Now final payment will only be due 60 days prior to sailing which makes a big difference for those of us who had cruises booked and would have to cancel due to this mixed vaccine silliness. 

I was cancelling our January 2022 cruise as final payment was due in September. I will probably hold on now and see if there are any changes to the policy after October 31st.

Cancellation Fee Schedule

Yea, we’re in the same boat 🤗

On 7/15/2021 at 11:00 AM, bookbabe said:

Phew!  We were worried about availability and timing, so DH and I got our second shots in the US while at Disney a few weeks ago, meaning we got the same brand as our first shots.  We would have been pooched if we’d waited to get them here, and our public health unit is mainly doing Moderna now, and DH had Pfizer first.  I’m going to have to apologize to DH, since I didn’t really want to go to the hassle, and he insisted so that we could get our shots and be done with it.

bookbabe...are you on the Canadian DIS boards?  Saw your screen name thought it looked familiar.

I was just thinking today, that once the Canadian/US land border reopens, those of us with mixed vaccines could cross and get vaccinated with the one dose Johnson and Johnson. So long as its 2 weeks before the cruise. Am i missing any details, would this work for those of us close to the border?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wetcoast said:

I was just thinking today, that once the Canadian/US land border reopens, those of us with mixed vaccines could cross and get vaccinated with the one dose Johnson and Johnson. So long as its 2 weeks before the cruise. Am i missing any details, would this work for those of us close to the border?

If one of your doses was Moderna or Pfizer you could also come down and get a second dose of that; I am sure American taxpayers don't mind paying for Canadians to get dosed in USA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wetcoast said:

What makes you think you’ll be allowed to cross the border.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

If one of your doses was Moderna or Pfizer you could also come down and get a second dose of that; I am sure American taxpayers don't mind paying for Canadians to get dosed in USA.

Id be happy to pay for the vaccine. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wetcoast said:

Im hoping it will reopen soon

The US has already stated that anyone crossing the border, when it does open, will need to show proof of full vaccination. They have not specified what constitutes full vaccination but if they follow the CDC guidelines,  anyone with mixed vaccinations will be considered to be not fully vaccinated and thus be denied entry.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

The US has already stated that anyone crossing the border, when it does open, will need to show proof of full vaccination. They have not specified what constitutes full vaccination but if they follow the CDC guidelines,  anyone with mixed vaccinations will be considered to be not fully vaccinated and thus be denied entry.

" If two doses of different mRNA COVID-19 vaccine products are administered in these situations (or inadvertently), no additional doses of either product are recommended at this time. Such persons are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the second dose of an mRNA vaccine."

This is from from CDC's website. I had the Pfizer/Moderna mix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wetcoast said:

" If two doses of different mRNA COVID-19 vaccine products are administered in these situations (or inadvertently), no additional doses of either product are recommended at this time. Such persons are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the second dose of an mRNA vaccine."

This is from from CDC's website. I had the Pfizer/Moderna mix

But if you have the AstraZeneca Pfizer/ Moderna mix you may be prohibited.

• Like 2