Concerns about noise from people using Medallion Apps/Watching Movies, etc?

Smokeyham

On 7/18/2021 at 5:42 PM, Times Prince said:

Actually they tried this a while back, checking out devices for personalized MUTS sound.   Apparently this was an experiment that didn't work.

I've heard the same comment here on CC but never had the chance to experience it for myself. It seems like a good idea to quiet things down on deck but I suppose Princess thinks a party atmosphere is more appealing. We avoid the main pool during the loud movie times. 

14 hours ago, norwega said:

I bought some today but I wouldn't say they're noise cancelling.  I can hear myself typing on the computer.  😞  

Did you get the AirPods or AirPods Pro?  Only the Pro model has the noise cancellation, and you have to enable it (turn it on). Works quite well for me, sorry to hear you're not having a good experience.

38 minutes ago, MileHighAko said:

Did you get the AirPods or AirPods Pro?  Only the Pro model has the noise cancellation, and you have to enable it (turn it on). Works quite well for me, sorry to hear you're not having a good experience.

I did get the Pro.  I'm going back to Apple today so will ask them. 

On 7/20/2021 at 1:56 AM, Porky55 said:

These are brilliant, Bluetooth and true noise cancelling. Work superbly on a plane to cut out plane noise as well:

https://store.sony.com.au/headphones-noisecancelling/WH1000XM4B.html

Sorry, but I live in Australia - you’ll need to source them in the US 👍

I got the prior generation of those off Amazon Renewed store and saved a ton. They work great. 

43 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

Maybe you should spend all of your time in your cabin. I sure wouldn't want anyone making any kind of noise to make you mad. How loud do you think a cell phone can play a movie?

Dear MissyKish,

I am saddened to read your response.  This is a forum where we can, and should, raise questions and concerns and expect respectful and constructive responses.   Certainly disagreements are appropriate but this type of response does not encourage people to participate.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I've heard the same comment here on CC but never had the chance to experience it for myself. It seems like a good idea to quiet things down on deck but I suppose Princess thinks a party atmosphere is more appealing. We avoid the main pool during the loud movie times. 

Even worse is during the day, usually late morning, when they insist on blaring that incredibly annoying Princess talk show on MUTS.  It's like they're trying to drive everyone away.  Does anyone really enjoy listening to that?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 4:07 PM, Smokeyham said:

I just finished watching Princess' video about using "Oceanview" to watch movies, etc.  One of the features they highlight is the ability to start watching a movie, etc. in your cabin and then to continue watching the same while out on a deck.  

In the video there was no mention about the need for people to use a headset or similar so the rest of us don't have to listen to this.  Most people probably will, but it only takes one or two to ruin it for others.  Hopefully Princess will sell these on board for people who have forgotten them, and also require their use.

Don't worry.  Princess probably won't be able to get that working, anyway.

You're certainly good for at least a year or two!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Even worse is during the day, usually late morning, when they insist on blaring that incredibly annoying Princess talk show on MUTS.  It's like they're trying to drive everyone away.  Does anyone really enjoy listening to that?

I don't enjoy having someone reading me the Patter or the stupid jokes that people submit. 

It's bad enough to have the movies blasting in the afternoon but you would think they could have some quite time in the mornings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissyKish said:

Maybe you should spend all of your time in your cabin. I sure wouldn't want anyone making any kind of noise to make you mad. How loud do you think a cell phone can play a movie?

If loud enough for me to hear it's to loud for me.  I have no interest in what they want to watch.  And you should watch it on your own with headphones, that's not to much to ask.  Maybe I like R movies everyone doesn't, heck I hate religious movies I don't want to hear that either. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, rbtan said:

I don't understand why pax are so unwilling to speak up for themselves! If someone is being annoying politely tell them. If they continue, have a staff person tell them to stop. You want to see my spouse go off? Never touch the food with your hands. He will point you out to everyone around. Public shaming isn't fun, but it can make the issue go away quickly.

I once told a youngster he was in the adult swimming pool and his mother just about went to blows with me. When the kid got out of the pool she screamed at him to get back in and not let someone tell him what he can and can't do. Some people are just unbelievably rude and there is not talking to them.

I'm assuming by touching food with hands you are referring to the buffet? Agreed. Disgusting.

Edited by Sillyjilly

8 hours ago, Sillyjilly said:

I once told a youngster he was in the adult swimming pool and his mother just about went to blows with me. When the kid got out of the pool she screamed at him to get back in and not let someone tell him what he can and can't do. Some people are just unbelievably rude and there is not talking to them.

I'm assuming by touching food with hands you are referring to the buffet? Agreed. Disgusting.

Yes. One responder here was clueless & insulted me, thinking I was objecting to eating food with your hands. Like fried chicken. I'm in the food industry like my spouse & seeing pax touching food & putting it back is totally gross.