Harmony of the seas 15th Aug updates

@German Mermaid he has a yearly plan and this company does not offer a Covid-19 add on. Other companies like ADAC, HanseMerkur or Allianz do offer it. But you can´t just purchase the add on with another company without the basic contract. So he needs to quit with his old company and change to another one. There´s unfortuantely no way to insure this just as an add on. The other option would be to purchase a single trip insurance but it might be too late for this either.

And actually what he needs is an add on for the Reiserücktrittsversicherung/abbruchversicherung. The Reisekrankenversicherung in most cases covers the costs of the treatment without an add on. But the costs of quarantine, a single transport back home or quarantine in a local hotel as a negative contact person are only covered by an add on to the Reiserücktrittsversicherung/abbruchversicherung.

steamboats

I hope all those sailing from Barcelona on harmony have a great time and less stress then the wait and constant changes in procedures. I sadly have had to change the cruise, now staying in the UK on Anthem of the seas. Will miss the weather and central park but just becoming too stressful and too many hoops to jump through coming from the UK.

Stay safe all

• Like 1

It s stressfull nothing to hear from Royal Caribbean. They told us in the start of July to book testtime in the terminal 14 -18 days before cruising and now We hear nothing and We Can t make check in for the first sailing 15 th of august.

3 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

It s stressfull nothing to hear from Royal Caribbean. They told us in the start of July to book testtime in the terminal 14 -18 days before cruising and now We hear nothing and We Can t make check in for the first sailing 15 th of august.

I really feel for you. I checked in for our UK 29th cruise..i really hope you hear something soon 

7 hours ago, German Mermaid said:

Try the Allianz travel insurance. Covid is covered even with a "Reisewarnung", and you´ll get a prepaid credit card. From their website:

Wenn Sie bei Allianz Travel eine Reise-Krankenversicherung abgeschlossen haben, sind Sie im Ausland umfassend geschützt. Sollten Sie sich während Ihrer Auslandsreise mit dem Corona-Virus infizieren, sind die vor Ort anfallenden medizinisch notwendigen Behandlungskosten oder ein Kranken-Rücktransport grundsätzlich versichert. Das gilt auch für Reisen in Gebiete oder Länder, für die das Auswärtige Amt eine COVID-19-bedingte Reisewarnung ausgegeben hat. In den allgemeinen Versicherungsbedingungen ist zwar grundsätzlich geregelt, dass kein Versicherungsschutz besteht, wenn das Auswärtige Amt für Ihr Reiseland eine Reisewarnung ausgesprochen hat. Da es sich bei der Corona-Pandemie um eine länderübergreifende Situation handelt und das Auswärtige Amt zwischenzeitlich zudem eindeutig zwischen regulären Reisewarnungen und COVID-19-bedingten Reisewarnungen unterscheidet, gewähren wir in der Reise-Krankenversicherung Versicherungsschutz, sofern für Ihr Reiseziel ausschließlich eine COVID-19-bedingte Reisewarnung ausgesprochen wurde. Besteht für Ihr Reiseziel bei Einreise eine nicht COVID-19-bedingte Reisewarnung des Auswärtigen Amtes, besteht in der Reise-Krankenversicherung jedoch kein Versicherungsschutz.

As steamboat-Carmen already mentioned: LTA does not cover my needs when "Reisewarnung" was announced for the specific country. They say "

vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Gerne bestätige ich den Versicherungsschutz im Falle einer unerwarteten Covid-19-Erkrankung wie folgt:

Auslandsreise-Krankenversicherung: Corona-Viruserkrankung ist versichert, wenn Sie am Urlaubsort erkranken und medizinische Hilfe benötigen, besteht Versicherungsschutz. Die Voraussetzung ist, dass vor der Einreise keine Reisewarnung für das Reisegebiet vorlag. Es besteht Versicherungsschutz auch bei vorliegender Reisewarnung für das Zielgebiet, wenn der Schadenfall nicht auf ein Ereignis zurückzuführen ist, vor dem gewarnt wurde.

Für die weiteren Sparten können wir eine kulante Schadensregulierung gewähren.

Reiserücktritt: Corona-Viruserkrankung ist versichert

Wenn Sie Ihre Reise nicht antreten können, weil Sie an dem Corona-Virus erkrankt sind, besteht Versicherungsschutz. Die unerwartet schwere Erkrankung und somit die Reiseunfähigkeit muss vom behandelnden Arzt entsprechend attestiert werden. Es besteht Versicherungsschutz auch bei vorliegender Reisewarnung für das Zielgebiet, wenn der Schadenfall auf  ein versichertes Ereignis zurückzuführen ist.

Reiseabbruch: Corona-Viruserkrankung ist versichert

Wenn Sie den Reiseverlauf unplanmäßig ändern müssen, weil Sie erkrankt sind und zum Beispiel aufgrund einer stationären Krankenhausbehandlung erst später zurückreisen können, besteht Versicherungsschutz, wenn vor der Einreise keine Reisewarnung für das Reisegebiet vorlag.

Wichtig!

Schadensfälle, die auf die Pandemie zurückzuführen sind, wie zum Beispiel Ein- und Ausreiseverbote, Aufenthaltseinschränkungen, behördliche Quarantäne-Maßnahmen vor Reisebeginn oder während der Reise, sind allgemein nicht versichert. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

My requirement was to have an insurance all-in-one, Rücktritt,Abbruch, Kranken, Gepäck. When comparing i.e. at check24, unfortunately no ADAC or one of the other mentioned companies comes up. 

So Harmony from Spain is not insured for us. None of the mentioned insurances here cover all 4 risks.

@Preziosa 

Last Friday we received an email from Royal for our 29 Aug Harmony cruise and were asked to check-in online. 

Needless to mention that Royal again messed it up and- yes, it says that check-in is unavailable.......

49 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Did you have an e mail from Royal when ready for check in...

Yes for harmony for the 29th but could not check in.

We moved cruise to anthem of the seas sailing from the UK for the same date and we can check in for Anthem.

We are not going on Harmony now.

4 hours ago, Kbonner said:

My requirement was to have an insurance all-in-one, Rücktritt,Abbruch, Kranken, Gepäck. When comparing i.e. at check24, unfortunately no ADAC or one of the other mentioned companies comes up. 

So Harmony from Spain is not insured for us. None of the mentioned insurances here cover all 4 risks.

That´s what I had first too... an all-in-one insurance. Then this was not available anymore so we had to change anyway and now have two different contracts for Reisekrankenversicherung and another for Reiserücktritt-/abbruch. We needed a higher insured amount for Reiserücktritt which was not available with other companies or such all-in-one solutions. This was another reason for a change.

steamboats

10 minutes ago, steamboats said:

That´s what I had first too... an all-in-one insurance. Then this was not available anymore so we had to change anyway and now have two different contracts for Reisekrankenversicherung and another for Reiserücktritt-/abbruch. We needed a higher insured amount for Reiserücktritt which was not available with other companies or such all-in-one solutions. This was another reason for a change.

steamboats

What are the costs of these policies? Just curious how expensive these are?

For a family of 5 or 6 this might become a very costly add-on to a cruise price.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What are the costs of these policies? Just curious how expensive these are?

For a family of 5 or 6 this might become a very costly add-on to a cruise price.

Depends on the company... One insurance company offers an single trip add on starting at 9 Euro pP.

MSC is offering a full Covid-19 insurance for 25 Euro pP for their cruises (and since the end of June it´s mandatory to have an insurance for MSC cruises).

steamboats

For online check in she told me to create a new account for only this sailing.

I don t understand why. I always can make log in from my Crown and Anchor account.

The check in is still not open she said. I wonder why - so close on the sailing 15. th august

3 hours ago, Preziosa said:

For online check in she told me to create a new account for only this sailing.

I don t understand why. I always can make log in from my Crown and Anchor account.

The check in is still not open she said. I wonder why - so close on the sailing 15. th august

I would be very concerned too.... hope it works out and your cruise sails.

32 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Still not possible to make Online check in for Harmony of The Seas 15. august.

Can anyone make check in for sailings close to that day. They  still say something tecnical is wrong

Are you still trying on both the app and online and still nothing?

10 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

YES, nothing nowhere

How about if you call Royal, would someone there be able to check you in because of this issue and afterwards email you what necessary documents they think you might need?