Vista now Orange?

EmmasNana

1 minute ago, deweytrader said:

Because my son had a positive antigen test, next step pcr for him.  Once that came back positive, they needed to test my husband and I.  Good news, both husband and daughter still testing negative today!

Where are they getting tested, does the hotel have testing there?

How are you feeling. Bored I bet. No fun being sick away from home.

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Where are they getting tested, does the hotel have testing there?

How are you feeling. Bored I bet. No fun being sick away from home.

Husband buying tests from CVS. Hotel has nothing to do with it..

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, deweytrader said:

I 100% agree with you that it is not carnival's fault and it is not my fault and I understand  bad things happen to good people all the time.  I am upset at the lack of procedures and protocols on carnivals behalf. they were non-existent as if they were a deer caught in the headlights and had no idea how to react.  Don't get me wrong most of the carnival staff was nice but I don't want nice I want competency and policies and procedures.  when I ask a question and get a response I would like the same  answer, not 3 Different answers from 3 different people.  Believe me I love cruising and am a self-proclaimed cruiserholic and certainly want the cruise lines to survive and flourish.  Carnival just needs to work on their policies and procedures as covid cases will be on board.

They do have plans for this type of crisis but it only involves the unvaxxed on board. They would have all been quarantined in their cabins and tested even if they had never been near you. That means every child under 12 who was on board with you and their vaxxed  parents.

54 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Husband buying tests from CVS. Hotel has nothing to do with it..

When you get the drive through tests at CVS it is paid for by insurance or a govt program for the uninsured. Your health insurance might cover the do-it-yourself tests also.

10 minutes ago, sailingships said:

They do have plans for this type of crisis but it only involves the unvaxxed on board. They would have all been quarantined in their cabins and tested even if they had never been near you. That means every child under 12 who was on board with you and their vaxxed  parents.

My 10 year old son is not vaxxed, hence the reason we were tested.  100 percent asymptomatic on board the ship.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, agmomcruiser said:

Reading all of this is really discouraging to me. Will Carnival ever return to being a family friendly cruise line with no testing, no masks, Camp Carnival, etc.??? What is it going to take to make that happen??

A lot more people being vaccinated for one. Wearing a mask and properly when recommended without being constantly told to.  In general, following all the recommendations all the time until the pandemic is over. Or keep anticipating wave after wave.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Here's my question. From what deweytrader said, her and the son were moved to a quarantine cabin and the father/daughter returned to their cabin on the ship for the last night, I would assume because they tested negative. I wondered if those quarantine cabins are like-for-like? If both people in a cabin tested positive, would they just quarantine them in their own cabin together, or make them both move to a cabin on a 'quarantine' area? If they had a balcony, would their quarantine cabin be a balcony? I'm wondering because of all the comments I see about people choosing to book balconies just in case they get quarantined in their cabins. That would be impossible to provide a similar cabin for us, as we are in a Havana Cabana. Or would that only be the case if it became like spring 2019 with widespread infections onboard and the ship not being allowed to dock? 

27 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Here's my question. From what deweytrader said, her and the son were moved to a quarantine cabin and the father/daughter returned to their cabin on the ship for the last night, I would assume because they tested negative. I wondered if those quarantine cabins are like-for-like? If both people in a cabin tested positive, would they just quarantine them in their own cabin together, or make them both move to a cabin on a 'quarantine' area? If they had a balcony, would their quarantine cabin be a balcony? I'm wondering because of all the comments I see about people choosing to book balconies just in case they get quarantined in their cabins. That would be impossible to provide a similar cabin for us, as we are in a Havana Cabana. Or would that only be the case if it became like spring 2019 with widespread infections onboard and the ship not being allowed to dock? 

Idk and dewey has been quiet today. I hope she will come back.

Seems like most of the quarantine cabins are on deck 2...which wouldnt be like for like just closer to medical. All I've read about on carnival were deck 2. Maybe dewey will come back. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

I booked a better cabin in case the entire ship is confined to quarters or we choose to avoid the general population. If confined, the cruise is likely terminated.

No, they aren't going to let you quarantine in your cabin. The quarantine cabins are a block of cabins that can be isolated from the rest of the ship. On Horizon, deck 2 has inside cabins and cove balconies. 

I have been very active on the other thread 95/5 if u are interested.  I apologize I probably should have used the term isolation cabin vs quarantine cabin.  after testing positive and leaving the medical center my son and I were moved to isolation cabin 2250 which is a cove balcony stateroom.  The two staterooms that my family originally booked was an aft balcony 8468 and interior 8464.  My negative husband and daughter were allowed to quarantine in the aft balcony 8468 after they had packed up all mine and my son's stuff.  on disembarkation my husband and daughter disembarked fairly regularly through the crowds and terminal to the secret gate six location that unless you work there you would not be able to find.

Edited by deweytrader
wrong word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/29/2021 at 10:07 PM, deweytrader said:

Yes we feel fine!  And yes 100 percent on our dime, we do have travel insurance so hoping for some sort of reimbursement.  My son and I 10 days, maybe shorter if we test negative.  My husband/ daughter we believe shorter more like 7 if they continue to test negative.

I don't know the specifics of your travel policy of course, but I read on a trip insurance online merchant's webpage (the one that is frequently recommended on cruise critic) that to be eligible for a claim you have to have seen a doctor in person.

I'd think that would be a difficult hurdle, because I'm guessing for an only mildly ill Covid patient such as yourself the doctor won't want to see you in person. But of course check what your policy says. Maybe the "in person" thing doesn't apply with your policy.

Edit: Actually, now reading that webpage further, it says the insurance companies have become more lenient with "the see a doctor in person" requirement since Covid became a problem, so maybe this was a false alarm on my part.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

12 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I don't know the specifics of your travel policy of course, but I read on a trip insurance online merchant's webpage (the one that is frequently recommended on cruise critic) that to be eligible for a claim you have to have seen a doctor in person.

I'd think that would be a difficult hurdle, because I'm guessing for an only mildly ill Covid patient such as yourself the doctor won't want to see you in person. But of course check what your policy says. Maybe the "in person" thing doesn't apply with your policy.

Wouldn't the ship's medical center have a doctor who does the diagnosing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agmomcruiser said:

Reading all of this is really discouraging to me. Will Carnival ever return to being a family friendly cruise line with no testing, no masks, Camp Carnival, etc.??? What is it going to take to make that happen??

Probably after the delta variant has run its course and vaccinations will be available for over age 2.  Until then, it's just a huge risk to travel with unvaccinated people in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deweytrader said:

I have been very active on the other thread 95/5 if u are interested.  I apologize I probably should have used the term isolation cabin vs quarantine cabin.  after testing positive and leaving the medical center my son and I were moved to isolation cabin 2250 which is a cove balcony stateroom.  The two staterooms that my family originally booked was an aft balcony 8468 and interior 8464.  My negative husband and daughter were allowed to quarantine in the aft balcony 8468 after they had packed up all mine and my son's stuff.  on disembarkation my husband and daughter disembarked fairly regularly through the crowds and terminal to the secret gate six location that unless you work there you would not be able to find.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking into rapid testing here at home, just in case they end up requiring it for our 8/21 cruise out of Long Beach. I'm thinking of getting tested at our regular medical clinic on Thursday morning for a Saturday departure (they only test from 7a-11:30a daily, so I don't think it would be safe to do it Wed and still be w/in 72 hours of boarding). That test says results in 1-2 days, so I would probably need a backup rapid testing appt for Fri/Sat am just in case the results don't come back quick enough. I'm nervous about appointment slots being all filled ahead of time. Guess I should just think of it as a pre-cruise excursion.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:48 PM, firefly333 said:

Let me give you a example why to me it violates carnivals contract with me, or rcl.

Do you remember before when carnival tried to add on a oil surcharge and early days they were unable because it was not in the terms when they booked. So carnival put it in their terms and thereafter they were allowed to add it because it was disclosed there could be a additional charge before they booked.

Telling pax to go out and test on their own dime violates the terms of carnivals contract if they tried to do this like rcl is doing. Legally it wouldnt stand up, they have to refund the money if asked. Two parties to a contract, one cant unilaterally change a contract unless the other agreed.

I hope you are right.  I am anticipating having to fight with them to issue a refund or FCC. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:32 PM, TravelBluebird said:

This is very bad policy on Carnival’s part, and unacceptable to me as a customer with 3 upcoming cruises.   Carnival needs to be upfront on the number of cases they are experiencing so their customers can decide to cruise with them or not, with eyes wide open. The other passengers on your cruise deserved to know there was a possible exposure.  And Carnival should have policies in place to deal with their positive cases (which employees are aware of), and at least provide basic assistance to those who are positive.  

I am sorry you have had to go through this.  I hope Carnival re-assesses their COVID positive passenger policies; unfortunately with DELTA we will see more of them, not less. I was just at a 1,000 person convention where there were at least 3 breakthrough cases, all vaccinated and all symptomatic; pandemic  is changing under all our feet again.

Amen!  The lack of transparency is the most concerning to me.  If I have the information I can make the best decisions for myself. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:09 PM, kdr69 said:

Im still trying to find out information on this requirement for all kids under 12 to be tested before debarkation.  Why only kids and not all unvaccinated passengers? Its strange there is no mention of this by any other passenger with kids or any mention of this requirement on Carnivals Health Protocols page or even of it being a requirement by the CSO. I would think that to be a substantial piece of missing information that people should know before cruising with kids under 12.  I know they do testing during the cruise if you report feeling sick but why would they do testing the day your getting off the ship?  Seems to me they would just let everyone leave especially if they are not showing any symptoms.  Has anyone else heard of this requirement or experienced it yet?

This has been their policy for unvaxed all along.  Not just kids. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, kdr69 said:

Ok what part of that says all unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be tested PRIOR to debarkation?

It says within 24 hours of debarkation on cruises of 4 days or more.  Under testing section.  

On 7/29/2021 at 11:42 PM, kdr69 said:

Great thats all i wanted was confirmation it was happening.  Its still NOT a requirement as stated on their Health Protocol page or as part of the CSO that i can see.

Sorry but yes it is.  The rule is that all unvaxed passengers have to have a test within 24 BEFORE debarking from the ship.  That is because, based on the final destination of the departing passengers, a test may be required to board a plane.  It also provides evidence that, at that point in time, they are not knowingly releasing passengers who are infected  into the ports. I believe it is part of their agreements with the ports. 

Update:. Both son and I just took Binax Now Antigen self tests.  Son negative, me positive.  One step in the right direction!  Also last night had a powerful conversation with a nice carnival representative familiar with my case.  Went thru situation in great detail about specific situations that transpired.  I believe I heard a few gasps.  He said he will talk to the higher ups and see what the can do for me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deweytrader said:

Update:. Both son and I just took Binax Now Antigen self tests.  Son negative, me positive.  One step in the right direction!  Also last night had a powerful conversation with a nice carnival representative familiar with my case.  Went thru situation in great detail about specific situations that transpired.  I believe I heard a few gasps.  He said he will talk to the higher ups and see what the can do for me.

Well, that's good news! I pray the 'higher ups' that he spoke to can give you some relief. How are you feeling today? And thanks for keeping us posted on this cluster!

• Like 1