Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

36 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Entertainment so far.  We saw the first show last night.  My better half said the theme was kind of a downer in these times (ghouls and demons).  I thought the show as good, not great, the singing and dancing on par with other Carnival cruises in the past.  

There is a duo whom we saw in the P&A from Brazil whihc was different and good.  Female lead playing guitar and male supprt from a guy who played harmonica and beat box.  We went because they were doing a tribute to the Eables (my FAV).  After the first song, she mentioned that when they signed the contract they were given the playlist, and she said she had only heard of one Eagles song (of course Hotel California)…I said uh oh.  They were really good.

Last night we saw the the house band play 2 sets (moTown and 70’s).  Really nice vocals and lead guitar and keyboard players were exceptional.  .  

Saw the Brazilian combo from the P&G on a video taken a couple weeks ago on the first Horizon sailings.  Paradeejay from YouTube were doing a B2B.  They were home less than two weeks and now they're doing a B2B on the Mardi Gras.  Their videos are very informative.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, surfone said:

Good for you!!    I can't wait, our last one was on the Breeze last January  but I still have my favorite which is any of the Spirit class ships.  Maybe the Horizon will change that Lol

The best thing about the Horizon, and I'm sure than Jimbo will agree, is the Havana area.  Best concept that Carnival has come up with on the three Vista Class ship's.  It's a shame that the area was an afterthought on the Excel Class.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The best thing about the Horizon, and I'm sure than Jimbo will agree, is the Havana area.  Best concept that Carnival has come up with on the three Vista Class ship's.  It's a shame that the area was an afterthought on the Excel Class.

I agree all the way around.  HC rooms and the pool Ns bR there a flat out home run.  An exception we did not book it for this trip.  We will be back on  the Horizon on 9/26 and in a Havana aft wrap ( two of my favs ).  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Saw the Brazilian combo from the P&G on a video taken a couple weeks ago on the first Horizon sailings.  Paradeejay from YouTube were doing a B2B.  They were home less than two weeks and now they're doing a B2B on the Mardi Gras.  Their videos are very informative.

Will check it out

9 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I'm curious if you can see the entire week's menus on the HUB app or if you can only see the current day?

I can only see the current days menu (and all restaurants open).  Without the hub, I could link to the qr code on the table which brings me to the same place.   I hope I described that well enough.  Think I mentioned it earlier but the ease of implementing this surprises me.  I can see it not going back post covid.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Oh damn Jimbo. Those sunset sequences are absolutely stunning! Good photographic eye!   Thank you!

One of the better ones.  Thanks.  My better half was online  trying to do all the questionnaires for the next cruise on the Mardi Gras which we just had received in an email.  I got board and wandered to the side, hoping  for a glimpse.  

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

One of the better ones.  Thanks.  My better half was online  trying to do all the questionnaires for the next cruise on the Mardi Gras which we just had received in an email.  I got board and wandered to the side, hoping  for a glimpse.  

We didn't receive any email, but saw mention of the questionnaires on our roll call, so I popped online and took care of those this morning.

Check, Check 🙂

Tom

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We didn't receive any email, but saw mention of the questionnaires on our roll call, so I popped online and took care of those this morning.

Check, Check 🙂

Tom

You are a step ahead of me.  I do not even know what cabin we are in.  Ahhhhh details

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

LOL 😂

Just get onto the ship, no worries after that!

My better half gets wrapped up in details.  Think the only reason she slept was we finally had a booking number.   Friends in GS are  working on it for us today.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Check, Check 🙂

Tom

SUre you have heard the news on masks, went viral on the Horizon (pun intended)

• Haha 2