Can anyone share what it is like sitting on deck on Celebrity Edge or Equinox now? Masks? Sitting at pool bars?

luv2ndhalf

We are supposed to sail on Apex out of Athens in September … thinking of switching to Edge or Equinox to keep things easier. Can anyone  who is sailing now in the Caribbean share their experiences? Can you sit at the pool bars? Masks required if lounging on deck? Thanks!

There are currently at least 3 live blogs  from Edge, Equinox and Millennium.    Many of them include pictures etc.   One report today is masks not required on ship for passengers.   Crew are wearing masks.    One  reported about 10-15 of PAX are wearing masks even though vaxed. 

St. Thomas on Edge today were advised they had to wear masks while ashore both outside and inside stores and restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There are currently at least 3 live blogs  from Edge, Equinox and Millennium.    Many of them include pictures etc.   One report today is masks not required on ship for passengers.   Crew are wearing masks.    One  reported about 10-15 of PAX are wearing masks even though vaxed. 

St. Thomas on Edge today were advised they had to wear masks while ashore both outside and inside stores and restaurants.

Jim, have you heard of any more positive cases on board?  

Have not heard of any this week.  

Last week was a tough week. Edge had approx 8 with 3 of those being construction contractors.   I think there was 1 on Equinox and 1 on Millennium.     Don't quote me on that as I'm going from memory of what I read last week.  

On Edge now. I have not heard, nor has captain confirmed, any positive cases this week. As far as masks, very few guests wear one, all crew is wearing them all the time. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

I was on the first sailing of the Equinox last week. Masks not required on the ship for vaxxed passengers. They give you an electronic tracker (tracelet) you're supposed to wear everywhere you go.

Captain reported (on the 5th day I think) that one fully-vaccinated passenger tested positive and was being sent home at the next port. All in close contact were isolated and tested and all were negative.

On Equinox right now. Have not heard about any positive cases.

No masking required for vaccinated guests, no way to truly know who is and isn’t vaccinated. Only about 1200 passengers, a few young families, but otherwise seems to skew a little older than normal. Very obvious increased percentage of people from Florida who could drive to port.

Social distancing is not quite as good as I would like to see, personally. Out on deck in the morning hours people were separating in groups on chairs, but sitting all crunched together at bar. I wasn’t out in afternoon, but will try to see this afternoon when it is busier (cloudy/rainy yesterday morning). No masks. Luminae has been same thing everyone wants to sit by windows, so when you look around, everyone is scrunched into the rows that have the best views.

Crew wears masks 90%+ of the time - I’ve seen a few people doing manual labor on deck or heavy cleaning inside with mask pulled down - seems reasonable and safe to me.

I’m masking on elevators with other people and in a few prolonged conversations with crew.

I think Celeb implied plan of reassessing in early September is a good one. Delta will subside, even if becomes the dominant strain in the US for several months, everyone will get it, and develop a little more immunity or get vaccinated. The significance in vaccinated people is not completely clear - there’s enough data for CDC to recommend masks for everyone, but that’s cautionary to protect unvaccinated kids/ others, but the protection for yourself is not completely known

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

EDEGE sailing about 3 weeks ago….no masks on board for vaccinated passengers, nowhere on board…..not inside…not outside. There were a few kids on board, who were wearing masks, but I could count the ones I saw on one hand.

Crew were all wearing masks.

Only times masks were required were in the checkin terminal and at Costa Maya.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

On Edge now. I have not heard, nor has captain confirmed, any positive cases this week. As far as masks, very few guests wear one, all crew is wearing them all the time. 

mac_tlc

Enjoy your cruise Mac_tlc!

Thanks for updating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been sitting in the busy Cafe al Bacio on Equinox for the past hour and have seen no one other than crewmembers wearing masks.  Oops, just saw my first two masked pax of the day.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Have not heard of any this week.  

Last week was a tough week. Edge had approx 8 with 3 of those being construction contractors.   I think there was 1 on Equinox and 1 on Millennium.     Don't quote me on that as I'm going from memory of what I read last week.  

Those numbers were correct for Edge. They did a great job with tracing and transparency.