OBC and loyalty discount towards cost of drinks package

lynnek

I believe that you can use your onboard credit to pay part of the drinks package cost, however your 7.5% discount, mine is 10% does not apply until after you have used up your onboard credit.

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I believe that you can use your onboard credit to pay part of the drinks package cost, however your 7.5% discount, mine is 10% does not apply until after you have used up your onboard credit.

Thanks so we pay the OBC then get 7.5% off the remaining balance. I understand thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lynnek said:

Thanks so we pay the OBC then get 7.5% off the remaining balance. I understand thanks

If you buy the package before boarding you get the discount in full and the OBC is separate I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

If you buy the package before boarding you get the discount in full and the OBC is separate I think

My understanding as well.  Haven't done it though.

Although we're planning to get the grog package for our Iona staycation, we're going to buy onboard, probably on day 2.  We get the loyalty embarkation lunch, so probably will only have a couple of drinks in the evening.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

My understanding as well.  Haven't done it though.

Although we're planning to get the grog package for our Iona staycation, we're going to buy onboard, probably on day 2.  We get the loyalty embarkation lunch, so probably will only have a couple of drinks in the evening.

Is your cruise long enough to qualify for the booze package?

Sorry for the slight deviation in the thread (but it is about loyalty).

I am a little puzzled by the P&O loyalty scheme. The web site seems to say you earn 10 points for each night on board.

When I check my account I had 70 points for a 7 night cruise in 2009, which have expired under the previous Portunus scheme. OK I understand.

My predicted points and loyalty level for my currently booked cruises are:

First cruise, 12 nights, 70 points, Not a member of Peninsular club. (12 x 10 =120) ???

Second cruise, 14 nights, 190 points, Pacific tier. (14 x 10=140) ???

Please what am I missing here.

3 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Sorry for the slight deviation in the thread (but it is about loyalty).

I am a little puzzled by the P&O loyalty scheme. The web site seems to say you earn 10 points for each night on board.

When I check my account I had 70 points for a 7 night cruise in 2009, which have expired under the previous Portunus scheme. OK I understand.

My predicted points and loyalty level for my currently booked cruises are:

First cruise, 12 nights, 70 points, Not a member of Peninsular club. (12 x 10 =120) ???

Second cruise, 14 nights, 190 points, Pacific tier. (14 x 10=140) ???

Please what am I missing here.

Mysterious P&O maths, l've had similar, but they always add up correctly, in your case 26 nights = 260 points

Thanks for clearing that up.

Also I am not quite sure what the entire benefits of the loyalty tiers are apart from a 5% discount on selected cruises. A 7.5% discount on drinks have been mentioned on this thread, are there any others ??

TIA

Paul

4 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Also I am not quite sure what the entire benefits of the loyalty tiers are apart from a 5% discount on selected cruises. A 7.5% discount on drinks have been mentioned on this thread, are there any others ??

TIA

Paul

Once you have used your OBC you then get 7.5% off many things any purchases from the shops, drinks in bars, speciality dining costs, photos and many more.

6 minutes ago, GOQ said:

TIA

Paul

See this link which gives you the benefits for each tier

https://www.pocruises.com/peninsular-club

Brian