To my fellow Zenith Members

cruising teacher

Not a Zenith. Just someone who is loyal to X and likes to read the threads 🙂

On the bathtub topic...we were in a Sky Suite on Summit a few weeks ago. First time in a suite class cabin. The bathtub was the one thing that stood out as odd and off the mark about the cabin. Currently we are able body and in our mid -50s. We found the side of the tub rather steep to get over and could not imagine if we had joint or mobility issues or were just plain uncoordinated. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

It should be.  And it can't cost that much to keep the best customers happy.  How many Zenith's are on an average cruise?

Curious- Why do you feel Luminae should be a loyalty benefit for Zenith members?  Maybe if they sail in suites and pay for suites.  However, Zenith members could get enhanced specialty dining discounts or benefits.  So could E and E+ for that matter.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Curious- Why do you feel Luminae should be a loyalty benefit for Zenith members?  Maybe if they sail in suites and pay for suites.  However, Zenith members could get enhanced specialty dining discounts or benefits.  So could E and E+ for that matter.  

Loyalty programs give benefits to their best clients.  I am a lowly E+ so it wouldn't impact me.  

21 hours ago, NanaChar said:

Loyalty programs give benefits to their best clients.  I am a lowly E+ so it wouldn't impact me.  

It is apparent to me anyway that Loyalty Programs are designed to attract and hook new customers and are not in any way designed to give away more and more benefits to the top tiers.  That is why long term customers always feel slighted.  We need to see it for what it is.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

It is apparent to me anyway that Loyalty Programs are designed to attract and hook new customers and are not in any way designed to give away more and more benefits to the top tiers.  That is why long term customers always feel slighted.  We need to see it for what it is.  

Totally agree.

And, Imo, X's view of their “best customers"  versus their “loyal customers” is probably not what most on CC believe.

Just now, C-Dragons said:

Totally agree.

And, Imo, X's view of their “best customers"  versus their “loyal customers” is probably not what most on CC believe.

Yes very true. This is 100% profit driven.   "Best customers" have the biggest impact now and in the future on corporate profits.   Loyal customers might be included in the best customer category too but many have had their impact on profits more in the past.  So some are draining profits now by getting loyalty benefits.   Not what most of us want to hear or accept.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yes very true. This is 100% profit driven.   "Best customers" have the biggest impact now and in the future on corporate profits.   Loyal customers might be included in the best customer category too but many have had their impact on profits more in the past.  So some are draining profits now by getting loyalty benefits.   Not what most of us want to hear or accept.

Makes a lot of sense.  Especially when customers with status get upset when everyone gets a benefit that used to be only for them.  This is when I lose any sympathy.  I have been at the Elite plus level since it’s inception and  I no longer get a lot of value out of the benefits.  It has never been the reason that I cruise with Celebrity.  This is due to the expansion of benefits under other programs and it does not bother me at all.  

I find myself thinking that the complaining would lessen with time if Celebrity would just eliminate the elite Happy Hour part of the CC program.  I recall the HH being in the Michael’s club for only a small group, then the Sky Lounge for an expanding eligible group, then coupons at most bars for an even larger  eligible group, and now unlimited for an even larger eligible group.  If it was not for programs that make the HH obsolete, IMO the number of cruisers eligible for the HH would make it impractical.  It would be free drinks for a very large group.  Today, basically the majority of cruisers with other programs are subsidizing those that use the HH drink portion of the CC benefits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Makes a lot of sense.  Especially when customers with status get upset when everyone gets a benefit that used to be only for them.  This is when I lose any sympathy.  I have been at the Elite plus level since it’s inception and  I no longer get a lot of value out of the benefits.  It has never been the reason that I cruise with Celebrity.  This is due to the expansion of benefits under other programs and it does not bother me at all.  

I find myself thinking that the complaining would lessen with time if Celebrity would just eliminate the elite Happy Hour part of the CC program.  I recall the HH being in the Michael’s club for only a small group, then the Sky Lounge for an expanding eligible group, then coupons at most bars for an even larger  eligible group, and now unlimited for an even larger eligible group.  If it was not for programs that make the HH obsolete, IMO the number of cruisers eligible for the HH would make it impractical.  It would be free drinks for a very large group.  Today, basically the majority of cruisers with other programs are subsidizing those that use the HH drink portion of the CC benefits.

In general I agree.  But I really have some trouble when I see the term subsidizing used on these boards.  Cruising is a for-profit business and not an egalitarian government program.  We all choose to cruise and pay for what we want at a price that is acceptable to us as individuals.  If we sail AI and do not drink alcohol, that is a choice we make.  We could choose another cruise line too.    If I stay in a suite or Aqua and pay a lot more that is a choice I make how I spend my money.  Am I subsidizing somebody in a Balcony or Inside cabin who gets drinks in the AI program?  No I would never even consider looking at it that way.  Why would I?  It is a vacation choice and my money.  Do those that spend a lot of money on Silversea cruises subsidize Celebrity?  Or do those that spend a lot of money on Celebrity subsidize Royal Caribbean?  All part of the RCG cruises? No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1