To my fellow Zenith Members

cruising teacher

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 1:53 PM, cruising teacher said:

I did my boarding pass for my upcoming cruise. Very happy to see PALL on it! The wording on Celebrity’s website is not clear regarding the Premium Alcohol package. 

After really screwing up my knee this month getting out of a sky suite and a celebrity suite bathtub, I won't be booking suites again.  Next month's cruises are concierge class.  My boarding passes say zenith but still show CALL.  If it doesn't update on the app, do I just wait til I'm aboard to see the CC host? 

5 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

After really screwing up my knee this month getting out of a sky suite and a celebrity suite bathtub, I won't be booking suites again.  Next month's cruises are concierge class.  My boarding passes say zenith but still show CALL.  If it doesn't update on the app, do I just wait til I'm aboard to see the CC host? 

We have two upcoming cruises and both of our boarding passes say PALL

The wording on the Celebrity website is more clear now.  Definitely see the CC host when you board.

• Thanks 1

OP,

We were on Silhouette in September (higher suite not Zenith) and as someone else said the little extra events were not available for anyone (Captains Table, Sail away, meet the officers event, bridge tour and other behind the scenes tours….).

We are not complaining, totally understand in the circumstances but we did miss the social aspect of these get togethers.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:23 AM, TeeRick said:

Oh- I thought they were billionaires in suites.  But maybe the millionaires are in Aqua?

Not us.. we always said AQ Class was  the poor persons suite,  esp when BLU was introduced!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

We have two upcoming cruises and both of our boarding passes say PALL

The wording on the Celebrity website is more clear now.  Definitely see the CC host when you board.

You should be contacted in some form by the Shoreside Concierge for the sailing.  You can request them to add your complimentary Premium package and Stream WiFi.   It will show on your Xpress pass and in Cruise Planner when it's done.

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 10:14 AM, davekathy said:

Poor elite+ don't get to wait in the Tuscan Restaurant. 😉

Sailed EDGE  twice.  We had AQ Class ( once) and E + departure locations available.

We found best place to wait  for non suite guests was in the theatre..easy to just roll carry ons down the hall when your group is called,  nice and orderly..no crowd,  no line ups, plenty of seats!

10 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Same has happened to me many times. They will print a new card or just place a sticker on the card. Check your card at check in and if incorrect they will just print a new card.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

g - sorry to hear that you injured yourself getting in/out of the tub...

Was it the CALL that did it??? LOL

Other than the tub challenge, were the suites nice?

In health and heal soon and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

46 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Other than the tub challenge, were the suites nice?

I've always been disappointed that X chose the 100% bathtub route for all its sky/celebrity suites,  except for handicapped S2s or the two S1s next to the penthouses on M-class.  I think Azamara did a better job by making their sky suite equivalents 50-50, tub or shower.  The showers always are booked first BTW.  There are no grab bars in the tubs on M-class but in the somewhat bijoux AQ shower they let me use instead, there was a nice, shiny grab bar.  Next time X redoes a ship, they need to make some safety changes.  Other than the bathtub challenges, the suites are great and would book again in a heartbeat if they had walk-in showers.  I will say that I think Luminae is somewhat overrated and after repeating their menu four times, found that I preferred the MDR or Blu menu choices overall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I've always been disappointed that X chose the 100% bathtub route for all its sky/celebrity suites,  except for handicapped S2s or the two S1s next to the penthouses on M-class. 

That was one of the factors that drove us to RS for our upcoming M class B2B.  Charline has a new knee and still a little iffy for bathtubs in general, but especially tall ones like SS and CS.  

On 10/29/2021 at 3:57 AM, goofysmom99 said:

Hi Ruth,

Sorry to year about your knee hope it's better soon.

Anita's arthritis makes getting in and out of a bath impossible now so a separate shower is a must.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

Geoff

• Thanks 1

I'm a fan of Zenith people, although I will never be one.  If someone has spent that much time and money with Celebrity, they should get access to the Resort and Laminae.  I know there are restrictions, but I hope and pray Celebrity opens open the Resort to Zenith again.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakegirl said:

Luminae was never a Zenith benefit

Nor was access to the Retreat Deck. Zeniths could not use the pool or bar. They did have access to Retreat/Michael's Club, but that has been ended due to Covid restrictions. At least that's what Celebrity claims and only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

They should have access to Luminae and the Retreat.  Can we vote on it?  

Retreat/MC  yes. Luminae ,no for most. It should be an additional benefit if you achieve 6000 points. 6000 points is out of reach for me considering I'm cruising much more with Crystal.

34 minutes ago, NanaChar said:

They should have access to Luminae and the Retreat.  Can we vote on it?  

Frankly, if it were to happen at all, that's something that ought to be assessed from cruise to cruise and depend upon the number of suite passengers and non-suite Zenith passengers on board.  It's much more an issue with Luminae because Luminae is fairly limited in space as it is. I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty ticked off if I paid the very dear price for a suite and was crowded out by Zenith guests.  Even just one table's worth could be a big deal.  Add more than that, and you're asking for a real problem.  

MC/Retreat Lounge is less of an issue.  I also recall seeing somewhere that X already intends to restore that benefit in the future.

I'm also a fan of Zenith folks, and I agree that what they've accomplished is something special.  However, there are many ways to provide perks and benefits without so adversely affecting other cruisers' experience, especially those that have paid rather dearly for that experience. If the Zenith benefits no longer are enough for folks, then lobby for OBC or paid gratuities or something like that.  The rest of the Indulge/Retreat perks already are there.

We are in a Sky 1 on Summit in April, and was disappointed to learn the full tub is still there.  Oceania's R class ships have redone PHs with large showers the size of the former tub.   Whenever we sail R class again we'll book a PH.  On Riviera in February...which is a newer ship without the tiny R class bathroom.  No need for a PH there.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, goofysmom99 said:

I've always been disappointed that X chose the 100% bathtub route for all its sky/celebrity suites,  except for handicapped S2s or the two S1s next to the penthouses on M-class.  I think Azamara did a better job by making their sky suite equivalents 50-50, tub or shower.  The showers always are booked first BTW.  There are no grab bars in the tubs on M-class but in the somewhat bijoux AQ shower they let me use instead, there was a nice, shiny grab bar.  Next time X redoes a ship, they need to make some safety changes.  Other than the bathtub challenges, the suites are great and would book again in a heartbeat if they had walk-in showers.  I will say that I think Luminae is somewhat overrated and after repeating their menu four times, found that I preferred the MDR or Blu menu choices overall. 

I don't know anyone who uses a tub regularly...I agree, not the smartest decision to go all tubs.  

12 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don't know anyone who uses a tub regularly...I agree, not the smartest decision to go all tubs.  

These are tubs with a shower head, correct?  Otherwise, I don't know what in the world someone was thinking.  While I actually do know folks who use a tub regularly (even exclusively when given the choice), they are few and far between.