To my fellow Zenith Members

cruising teacher

16 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Is Captains Club level/status more important than simply enjoying the moment? Enjoying the ocean, shipmates and crew? 

Yes and No...

Yes for those of us who have attained that Level/Status through Loyalty and some expectation of a reward for same is only right, especially during these times.

No for those of us who enjoy cruising to such a great degree or do not expect to attain such levels of recognition that it does not matter...

In either case, I do believe that most of us will enjoy getting aboard once again despite the CC level we may be traveling at.

bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Some Zenith members might have a million dollars if they didn't spend all their money cruising with Celebrity to make Zenith!😎

I think it's funny that there's an assumption that all of those who have made Zenith are millionaires, or have spent that much to achieve that level. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I think it's funny that there's an assumption that all of those who have made Zenith are millionaires, or have spent that much to achieve that level. 😉

Indeed. And what’s wrong with achieving a million dollars anyway? And why should anyone care how others choose to spend their money? What’s wrong with Zenith members enjoying their perks and the camaraderie of their small membership? I may never be able to join their group, but I salute them with a frosty cocktail or two 😎 🍹

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nah... We just told the kids to not expect a big inheritance as we plan on spending it all before we die.

BTW --- living in Silicon Valley with the average  home value of $1.2 Million, everyone's a millionaire but live in what others would all a cottage.

A millionaire is somebody who has an extra mil or 2 or 3 to just throw around here and there.  But somebody with an asset of $1M or more matched by a big mortgage - not so much these days!😀

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Indeed. And what’s wrong with achieving a million dollars anyway? And why should anyone care how others choose to spend their money? What’s wrong with Zenith members enjoying their perks and the camaraderie of their small membership? I may never be able to join their group, but I salute them with a frosty cocktail or two 😎 🍹

Nothing at all.  This thread is being a bit light-hearted today and not too😀 serious.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Orator said:

I'm in the camp that says; "The last check you will ever write should bounce".

Love it! My goal is to leave nothing but the final Visa bill, which I hope will include travel related charges😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Love it! My goal is to leave nothing but the final Visa bill, which I hope will include travel related charges😜

If the credit card is (was) in your name only, it will be an unpaid debt for the CC company at least in some states.  Unless your estate chooses to pay it.

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If the credit card is (was) in your name only, it will be an unpaid debt for the CC company at least in some states.  Unless your estate chooses to pay it.

True. And since I believe in paying my bills, I should have said I'd like to leave just enough to pay the final bills & expenses😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

CC is a fount of information, learned something new today. 

While in practice, it often works out as TeeRick describes, if there is a probate process, bills are paid off using the estate’s assets.  Even outside of probate, if the amount was sufficient to warrant it (lawyers aren't free), the CC company can also sue the estate for the balance if the estate has the assets to pay it.

Lenders are supposed to be notified of deaths, and the CC company is expected to notify the executor of the estate.

Been there, sadly, and done that (as an executor).

1 minute ago, canderson said:

While in practice, it often works out as TeeRick describes, if there is a probate process, bills are paid off using the estate’s assets.  Even outside of probate, if the amount was sufficient to warrant it (lawyers aren't free), the CC company can also sue the estate for the balance if the estate has the assets to pay it.

Lenders are supposed to be notified of deaths, and the CC company is expected to notify the executor of the estate.

Been there, sadly, and done that (as an executor).

Yes I learned about this as Executor as well.  The CC companies are not likely to put the resources and legal fees into chasing these debts down.  Other than a threatening letter campaign.  Sad comment on our society.