Medallion Booked Arrival Times

gmcwalker

On 8/15/2021 at 7:31 AM, HBCcruiser said:

My first Princess cruise is out of LA October 27, 2021 and I cannot schedule a arrival time yet. According to the Medallion team it has to do with the ports. My guess is that they have not worked out the procedures with the LA port yet. Here is the email response I received:

B9C5FFB0-489F-4789-B08E-F754D4A3677F.jpeg

This makes some sense to me.  We are booked on the October 30 Majestic out of Los Angeles...

74 days away now and we are paid in full...

I have been checking the app on a regular basis and it still says not available.

I am guessing it will come up sometime soon...but likely nothing to do with any exact number of days or final payment...but, as this previous poster said, something more to do with the PORT...

I am guessing, for those sailing from other ports--especially where the ships are already sailing from, those issues are already worked out.

The first cruise out of Los Angeles is not until September 25, so I assume the times will be available at some date prior to that...but how much time before is anyone's guess.  In the meanwhile, I'll just keep checking...  When I do get in, I plan on posting it to my roll call...

8 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

The first cruise out of Los Angeles is not until September 25, so I assume the times will be available at some date prior to that...but how much time before is anyone's guess.  In the meanwhile, I'll just keep checking...  When I do get in, I plan on posting it to my roll call...

I booked on the 9/25/21 Cruise and Arrival times are still not available. 

There were 8 of us on the Majestic Princess Aug 8-15.  We all had different arrival times on our apps.  We all showed up on the shuttle from the hotel at 11:30 and all got on board soon after (11:45 ish ).  No one checked arrival times as we check in, only vaccine certs and passports.  The only hang up was one of our party had to pick up their medallion at the terminal.  That took an extra couple of minutes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, gmcwalker said:

Update: 30 days out for the Grand Princess Cab- Cabo sailing out of LA and I'm still not able to book an arrival time.

you are not alone - still the same Sorry screen for me for 9/25 sailing

FWIW the Majestic cruises opened for Elites on June 23rd. That was the 1st day for anyone this side of the pond. Massive opening. I have been informed that it is supposed to be 30 days before. But that might just be elite & suites. If someone DOES NOT select a time they will be assigned according to deck. Just like pre-pandemic 

41 minutes ago, Ombud said:

FWIW the Majestic cruises opened for Elites on June 23rd. That was the 1st day for anyone this side of the pond. Massive opening. I have been informed that it is supposed to be 30 days before. But that might just be elite & suites. If someone DOES NOT select a time they will be assigned according to deck. Just like pre-pandemic 

And Platinums. I'm still Platinum, and I was able to get arrival time on 6/23 too.

Big snafu at the Port of LA with a bunch of cargo ships sitting at sea trying to get in.  Long Beach is working with Carnival setting sail last week.  Long Beach and San Pedro are all part of the Port of Los Angeles.  If Long Beach is working, it's not a problem with port agreements.  I sail in October, and I have no arrival times.  I'll just show up and get in line.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/cargo-ships-spend-days-off-san-pedro-coast-as-wait-times-increase-to-enter-port-of-l-a/

Edited by Kay S
link

On 8/12/2021 at 9:35 PM, gmcwalker said:

As I have several cruises coming up, I would like to share on my roll calls: How long before your departure were you able to book your Arrival Time on the App?

I would appreciate if only those who did book would respond thank you.

I have been following a number of threads & it appears that around 60 days before their cruise they have been able to select there boarding times. Next Wednesday I’ll be 60 days before my cruise & I’ll report my experience. 

Tom😀

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kay S said:

Big snafu at the Port of LA with a bunch of cargo ships sitting at sea trying to get in.  Long Beach is working with Carnival setting sail last week.  Long Beach and San Pedro are all part of the Port of Los Angeles.  If Long Beach is working, it's not a problem with port agreements.  I sail in October, and I have no arrival times.  I'll just show up and get in line.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/cargo-ships-spend-days-off-san-pedro-coast-as-wait-times-increase-to-enter-port-of-l-a/

I plan to show up around 11:30.  If I get an arrival time prior to that fine; if not I will be there.  Not going to stress over it anymore.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trbarton said:

I have been following a number of threads & it appears that around 60 days before their cruise they have been able to select there boarding times. Next Wednesday I’ll be 60 days before my cruise & I’ll report my experience. 

Tom😀

Keep checking....60 days prior has come and gone.  Still no arrival time window.  This is really unacceptable.  At least Princess could give us a hint?  Imagine how many passengers are checking multiple times a day.  Must over-whelm the server.

12 hours ago, Kay S said:

Big snafu at the Port of LA with a bunch of cargo ships sitting at sea trying to get in.  Long Beach is working with Carnival setting sail last week.  Long Beach and San Pedro are NOT all part of the Port of Los Angeles.  If Long Beach is working, it's not a problem with port agreements.  I sail in October, and I have no arrival times.  I'll just show up and get in line.

1. Introduction: Adjacent Ports

The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, both municipal operations run by their respective cities, are located directly adjacent to each other within San Pedro Bay, California. Early development of harbor facilities began on the Los Angeles side of the bay in the mid-19th century and accelerated after 1871 once the federal government began to invest in infrastructure. Long Beach did not begin to develop its port until after 1900 and only received federal aid beginning in 1919. Both Ports became municipal operations of their respective cities by acts of the California State Legislature in 1911 after an aborted attempt to combine the ports under state control. Both cities created semi-autonomous harbor departments, headed by citizen commissions charged with overseeing the development of harbor facilities.

https://porteconomicsmanagement.org/pemp/contents/part9/competition-between-ports-of-los-angeles-long-beach/

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

1. Introduction: Adjacent Ports

The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, both municipal operations run by their respective cities, are located directly adjacent to each other within San Pedro Bay, California. Early development of harbor facilities began on the Los Angeles side of the bay in the mid-19th century and accelerated after 1871 once the federal government began to invest in infrastructure. Long Beach did not begin to develop its port until after 1900 and only received federal aid beginning in 1919. Both Ports became municipal operations of their respective cities by acts of the California State Legislature in 1911 after an aborted attempt to combine the ports under state control. Both cities created semi-autonomous harbor departments, headed by citizen commissions charged with overseeing the development of harbor facilities.

https://porteconomicsmanagement.org/pemp/contents/part9/competition-between-ports-of-los-angeles-long-beach/

Thanks for posting that in a really BIG font or else I might have missed it.

16 hours ago, arrice2 said:

Sailing on Grand out of San Pedro, September 25.  Have not been able to select anything for arrivals or departure. Today, the page is unresponsive.

Hang in there you are in the 30 day mark;  if all else fails just show up at the port.  

1 hour ago, gmcwalker said:

An Update again!

18 days until we sail and we are still not able to choose a boarding time! I should start a pool.

If you can get Princess to comp a free (short) cruise, I think you will get takers on your pool.  Otherwise, we are all hanging on pins and needles for your report back on when YOU were able to select arrival time.  

Maybe, just maybe, Princess will drop the arrival slots since you are sailing out of San Pedro.  It worked before.  Don't mess with things that ARE NOT broken.

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you can get Princess to comp a free (short) cruise, I think you will get takers on your pool.  Otherwise, we are all hanging on pins and needles for your report back on when YOU were able to select arrival time.  

Maybe, just maybe, Princess will drop the arrival slots since you are sailing out of San Pedro.  It worked before.  Don't mess with things that ARE NOT broken.

So far it looks like this cruise 9/25 Cabo, is going out at below 50% capacity so perhaps the arrival times are not a priority for them.

55 minutes ago, gmcwalker said:

Another Update! 11 Days to go, still unable to select an Arrival time!

I really feel for you.   Waiting to read when you actually get your arrival time.  This is ridiculous and a total failure on the part of Princess.

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I really feel for you.   Waiting to read when you actually get your arrival time.  This is ridiculous and a total failure on the part of Princess.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I actually find it hilarious that is going this way but I am not surprised from my experience with Princesses' organizational abilities. I'm just going to show up at the pier by noon and ask to be boarded as soon I arrive. As the ship will be at less than 50% capacity I don't see a problem there and it probably why Arrival times are not ready as our cruise is a low priority or the ship is. I also think they don't want to piss off any more passengers, as every day I hear there are more and more cancelations. Stay tuned!

• Haha 1