Viking to Hawaii?

Clay Clayton

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Well wouldn’t that be fun! We hope it works out for us to cruise to Hawaii and Polynesia but we won’t book until later in the fall. We would only do the Dec 20 Hawaii cruise if Mike’s Mom decided to go and I doubt she would do so. 

stay in touch (And retire!)

Clay - If you opt for Hawaii, how about the Dec 4th departure, as Jim & I are both booked on this one and we have a few outher WC couple considering it. Would be great to sail with and meet you chaps.

They would require extra lamb chops.😀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay - If you opt for Hawaii, how about the Dec 4th departure, as Jim & I are both booked on this one and we have a few outher WC couple considering it. Would be great to sail with and meet you chaps.

They would require extra lamb chops.😀

It is also a possibility but frankly I like the idea of Christmas’ and New Year’s celebrations aboard.  Meeting y’all would be great except for the jealously of not being aboard the WC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

It is also a possibility but frankly I like the idea of Christmas’ and New Year’s celebrations aboard.  Meeting y’all would be great except for the jealously of not being aboard the WC!

Does Viking do anything special for the Christmas and new year celebrations. Booked on that cruise and been finding it hard to get information on it

5 hours ago, j_anandu said:

Does Viking do anything special for the Christmas and new year celebrations. Booked on that cruise and been finding it hard to get information on it

No idea but it’s got to be better than cooking for ourselves on the 25th and watching CNN on the 31st!  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rbslos18 said:

Any bets on whether these Hawaii itineraries will remain?

do you mean will they actually go starting Dec 4th?   or do you mean will Orion continue doing LA cruises to Hawaii (and Polynesia) until they go to Alaska?

23 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

do you mean will they actually go starting Dec 4th?   or do you mean will Orion continue doing LA cruises to Hawaii (and Polynesia) until they go to Alaska?

Will the new Hawaii trips become regular yearly offerings?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rbslos18 said:

Will the new Hawaii trips become regular yearly offerings?

Possibly, but they probably need to wait for more new ships, as both Orion & Mars are heading to Australia/NZ.

Neptune is scheduled for the World Cruises, so that eliminates her, so possibly the new ship in 2023.

1 hour ago, cruiserchuck said:

I read that the Governor of Hawaii is advising tourists to not visit Hawaii at this time due to increasing COVID cases.  It will be interesting to see if cruise ships will be allowed to dock in Hawaii by December.

Given today's statement by Gov. Ige, I can't imagine that Hawaii will be too sympathetic to a sudden influx of cruise ship passengers. But what do I know? It's only August, after all, and the situation can change dramatically -- for better or worse -- by the time December rolls around.

Edited by DaveSJ711
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I read that the Governor of Hawaii is advising tourists to not visit Hawaii at this time due to increasing COVID cases.  It will be interesting to see if cruise ships will be allowed to dock in Hawaii by December.

If it goes, it goes, if not, it cancels.  Not that big a deal.  Guess we 've gotten used to going with the flow this past year and a half.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Can't go ashore, no worries.

We may have some experience with Magical Mystery Tours to nowhere. Just happy to spend 16 days on a Viking ship.😁 We already considered not getting ashore prior to booking

Edited by Heidi13

14 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

12 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Given today's statement by Gov. Ige, I can't imagine that Hawaii will be too sympathetic to a sudden influx of cruise ship passengers. But what do I know? It's only August, after all, and the situation can change dramatically -- for better or worse -- by the time December rolls around.

Given that NCL had already cancelled its Hawaiian Island cruises through January 22 a couple of weeks before the governor's latest "stay away" announcement I don't think there's a very high probability of being able to visit Hawaii via cruise ship from now through early 2022.

Edited by njhorseman

6 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Given that NCL had already cancelled its Hawaiian Island cruises through January 22 a couple of weeks before the governor's latest "stay away" announcement I don't think there's a very high probability of being able to visit Hawaii via cruise ship from now through early 2022.

I am starting to not have a good feeling about this, really trying not to be negative here but not looking good. December is a long time in Covid times but with Viking requiring full payment so far in advance, I’m getting tired of having my money tied up with cruise companies. 

Hawaii has not even officially authorized cruising yet so this was not even a slam dunk in the first place. I sure hope I’m wrong because I don’t have a plan B right now 😫