Live from Seashore 09/05/21

MarkusToe

As said no further notice....

Rep on the phone told me internal failure...

Yesterday night I got the new booking number and was able to rebook all my excursions.

What's missing is the money for the ",old"excursions I've paid....

• Like 4

14 hours ago, LeCommandant said:

and I would like to know if it was better (or not) to book excursions before the cruise. If I don’t book anything yet, will I be able to book it at the excursion desk ? I am asking that because I am not used to “official” excursions in non-COVID times…

mixed feelings on this.

Better selection before cruise, some better price also, most of them just 0.99€, but some of them have better discounts.

On the other hand, Malta is a joke, only 3 excursions allowed on two cruises(july and august, don't know situation on september). Before cruise they sell you one of many, but then you go to the cruise and they are not available(Malta regulations only allow panoramic excursions), and you have to fight to get your money back.

7 minutes ago, elbarney said:

mixed feelings on this.

Better selection before cruise, some better price also, most of them just 0.99€, but some of them have better discounts.

On the other hand, Malta is a joke, only 3 excursions allowed on two cruises(july and august, don't know situation on september). Before cruise they sell you one of many, but then you go to the cruise and they are not available(Malta regulations only allow panoramic excursions), and you have to fight to get your money back.

The way things are changing, we have decided to wait to book anything off the ship once once onboard.  Less of a discount, but more of a surety the excursion will be "a go".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LeCommandant said:

Thanks for your replies @elbarneyand @bafinegan. When pre-booking excursions prior to departure, is it possible to cancel them once on board ? 

At least in Spain, theoretically yes. Up to 48hrs before cruise, you cancel in the web and get money back on your credit card, after that and up to 48hrs before excursion you can cancel onboard, and you get refundable credit(money back if you don't spend it).

You should check you booking conditions for your country, but I think this is standard on all of them.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, elbarney said:

At least in Spain, theoretically yes. Up to 48hrs before cruise, you cancel in the web and get money back on your credit card, after that and up to 48hrs before excursion you can cancel onboard, and you get refundable credit(money back if you don't spend it).

You should check you booking conditions for your country, but I think this is standard on all of them.

We are cruising this Jan in the Caribbean.  3 families with a total of 6 kids ( 5 under the age of 12).  All we want is some kind of beach day for the kids.  We all talked and decided to wait untill on board.  Refunds can take a while.

So holiday starts today. 

10 AM on the highway again on the way to italy. 

Lots of traffic. 2 hours wait at gotthard tunnel.... 

Finaly we made it at 7pm to Varese, 

Small hotel close to Milano. 

Tomorroy 2h ride to genova Port... CI time will be 9AM.

I thing some thing arround 10 will be fine as well.... 

More to come.... 

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to following you too. Wondering if you can do a little scouting for me.  We are in 11021and wondering what's above and below in the nondescribed areas.  Can you check at some  point?  Here are the areas.  Very front of ship.  I'd appreciate it so much.  Just wondering if they would generate noise in our cabin.  We make final payment later this week, so hoping we don't need to change cabins.

SH_deck_10 - T edit.jpg

SH_deck_12 - T Edit.jpg

Edited by Native Floridian 26

36 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I'm looking forward to following you too. Wondering if you can do a little scouting for me.  We are in 11021and wondering what's above and below in the nondescribed areas.  Can you check at some  point?  Here are the areas.  Very front of ship.  I'd appreciate it so much.  Just wondering if they would generate noise in our cabin.  We make final payment later this week, so hoping we don't need to change cabins.

SH_deck_10 - T edit.jpg

SH_deck_12 - T Edit.jpg

Those areas use to be crew member areas where they use to store luggage on turnaround days. They also use it to store cleanliness and other housekeeping materials. The little cubicle between the Aurea suites and the Bella insides is likely the deck daily official office. Either way, other than during housekeeping service times, you won't notice any movement out of those areas.

Have a nice day!...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

Those areas use to be crew member areas where they use to store luggage on turnaround days. They also use it to store cleanliness and other housekeeping materials. The little cubicle between the Aurea suites and the Bella insides is likely the deck daily official office. Either way, other than during housekeeping service times, you won't notice any movement out of those areas.

Have a nice day!...

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise, MT.  Looking forward to hearing all about it.  Less than 7 weeks for us to go til we board Seashore.   Heading to the airport now on our way to join NCL Epic in Barcelona today. 

Have a great cruise, Bea. We sailed on Epic years ago and really enjoyed the food and entertainment. Ken 

1 minute ago, CruiseIreland said:

Have a great cruise, Bea. We sailed on Epic years ago and really enjoyed the food and entertainment. Ken 

Thanks so much, Ken.  Onboard right now.  I may do a comparison with MSC yet.   As we’d originally booked an inside for this cruise and have one booked on Seashore, it was going to include a cabin comparison.   However we are now enjoying having a balcony and it’s going to be a real step down in October. 🤣

• Haha 1

Welcome on board. If you get The time for it Can you check How the sales for Excursions is running. Is it possible to buy 3 for 100 when we are on board.

Have a wonderful Cruise. I Will follow you on the webcamera when your sailing startes 4 o clock This afternoon.

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks so much, Ken.  Onboard right now.  I may do a comparison with MSC yet.   As we’d originally booked an inside for this cruise and have one booked on Seashore, it was going to include a cabin comparison.   However we are now enjoying having a balcony and it’s going to be a real step down in October. 🤣

Have a great cruise. Looking forward to hearing what you think of Norwegian. We’re there many covid checks flying into Barcelona?

Edited by marielco

22 minutes ago, marielco said:

Have a great cruise. Looking forward to hearing what you think of Norwegian. We’re there many covid checks flying into Barcelona?

Thanks M.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise, too. 

It was a doddle going through the airport this morning.   We had our EUDCC and the QR code from Spain’s PLF (which you can only complete 2 days beforehand).  We only needed them when boarding the plane.  
In Barcelona, they checked the QR code.  That was about it apart from passport control.  We were through the airport in jig time.  The plane was due to land at 10.30am.  We were about 10 minutes early and we were at the cruise terminal by 11.

• Like 3