Live from Seashore 09/05/21

MarkusToe

1 hour ago, marielco said:

Are they letting you off the ship in port if you do not have an excursion booked?

In Italy, no; in other countries, yes. We went onshore in Croatia by ourselves. In Greece we had booked a cruise through the cruiseline, but could have explored it on our own if we'd chosen to.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

SeeThis the extra big version.

Is the 28 the one on the other side of the ship?

Yes... 19028 is the same size as 19025 but on the other side of the ship.  Thanks again for sharing the image of that specific room type.  I think you are the first to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

In Italy, no; in other countries, yes. We went onshore in Croatia by ourselves. In Greece we had booked a cruise through the cruiseline, but could have explored it on our own if we'd chosen to.

We are not allowed to go. Not Italy, nor Spain,nor France

• Like 2

Day 3 Messina

We had an "afternoon at the beach" booked.

Our excursions docs showed meeting 9am at topsail....a little bit of surprise

In the end, best decision, very nice time at the beach. At 1pm dark clouds, 1h later thunderstorm.... hefty rain...

Today is med night

QR_W_YC_DINNER_DAY3_DE_1631028369.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

We are not allowed to go. Not Italy, nor Spain,nor France

Who is "we"? I was on a ship with lots of people and everyone was allowed to go onshore except for Italy. Maybe they did things differently on your ship, but on the Splendida it was fine.

Today's dinner was not the best from my end...

We where a bit late, about 730pm, it was markable...waiters are running around....

Not the smooth atmosphere like normal....

I've had the filet of beef, black truffle and smashed pumpkin.

Meet was a bit chewy and pumpkin tasteless...worst dinner experience so far.

Lady's had paella, was ok but seafood was nod cleaned...you know the black ugly stuff inside..

Internet on ship is really bad ..lots of connection loss.

It's a luck to insert picture without failure....

IMG_20210907_200332.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Today's dinner was not the best from my end...

We where a bit late, about 730pm, it was markable...waiters are running around....

Not the smooth atmosphere like normal....

I've had the filet of beef, black truffle and smashed pumpkin.

Meet was a bit chewy and pumpkin tasteless...worst dinner experience so far.

Lady's had paella, was ok but seafood was nod cleaned...you know the black ugly stuff inside..

Internet on ship is really bad ..lots of connection loss.

It's a luck to insert picture without failure....

IMG_20210907_200332.jpg

Is that a child's portion Markus ? That is shockingly poor.

on total cruise we have an issue with smoking on left hand balcony.

Reported every time, at least 10 times.

Today new guest on right hand moved in.

Smoke on balcony as well, young lady, Italien, I've told her, stop smoking please. It's not allowed , answer was: non capsico and snipped ash downwards....

I've no idea how to put pressure on guest service  to stop this, except skipping service charge.

But this would be totally unfair for the crew.

Any other idea?

Maybe get in contact with the security officer. Smoking on balconies is not just an anoying issue, it is a security issue. Very likely it is actually not necessary to actually talk to the security officer, just mention your wish to the concierge.

I had an issue with some cancellation of excursions on my current cruise. I talked 3 times to the excursion office and the concierge. They showed very lame service. Then I asked the concierge for an appointment with the YC director. Literally 60 seconds later the issue was solved without talking to the YC director.

I really hate if rules are set and not enforced. It makes idiots out of anybody who followed the rules and ones who do not follow looks like „smart“ people.

The thing with the chair hogs is one, but smoking on balconies is a totally different security issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Day 3 Messina

We had an "afternoon at the beach" booked.

Our excursions docs showed meeting 9am at topsail....a little bit of surprise

In the end, best decision, very nice time at the beach. At 1pm dark clouds, 1h later thunderstorm....

Hey Markus,  thanks for all the information so far.

Can you give some more details how that beach thing works? I have booked it aswell, will be there in two weaks.

Gerne auch auf deutsch - mich interessiert, wie das mit der Bubble funktioniert am Strand, wie lange die Anfahrt ist und wieviel Zeit man effektiv am Strand hat. Danke!

I've no idea how to put pressure on guest service  to stop this, except skipping service charge.

Any other idea?

Take a picture, show it to the ship's security officer, and it should get handled by them. There's no need to confront the woman yourself. 

• Like 1

on total cruise we have an issue with smoking on left hand balcony.

Reported every time, at least 10 times.

Today new guest on right hand moved in.

Smoke on balcony as well, young lady, Italien, I've told her, stop smoking please. It's not allowed , answer was: non capsico and snipped ash downwards....

Any other idea?

Here's what I'd do: say "smetti di fumare, e' contro le regole." (Stop smoking, it's against the rules)

But failing that, I'd let security know.

21 minutes ago, UniPac said:

Hey Markus,  thanks for all the information so far.

Can you give some more details how that beach thing works? I have booked it aswell, will be there in two weaks.

Gerne auch auf deutsch - mich interessiert, wie das mit der Bubble funktioniert am Strand, wie lange die Anfahrt ist und wieviel Zeit man effektiv am Strand hat. Danke!

It's about 30 min bus ride to the beach.

There where 2 busses at that location.

Umbrella and Deckchair provided.

There was a small shop, it was allowed to buy drink and meals.

Beach was small, about 10m but quite wide, sandy on shore, within the water small stones. Total beach time about 2.5 h.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MouseBerry said:

Maybe get in contact with the security officer. Smoking on balconies is not just an anoying issue, it is a security issue. Very likely it is actually not necessary to actually talk to the security officer, just mention your wish to the concierge.

I had an issue with some cancellation of excursions on my current cruise. I talked 3 times to the excursion office and the concierge. They showed very lame service. Then I asked the concierge for an appointment with the YC director. Literally 60 seconds later the issue was solved without talking to the YC director.

I've a meeting with the hotel directrice ,(director, woman) correct written?

Tomorrow.anyhow....

2 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

I've a meeting with the hotel directrice ,(director, woman) correct written?

Tomorrow.anyhow....

Director. English doesn't have a feminine version unlike Italian, German, etc. Best of luck and I hope the smoking stops. I hate it but TBH I've gotten used to it in Europe, it's far more tolerated than here.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Director. English doesn't have a feminine version unlike Italian, German, etc. Best of luck and I hope the smoking stops. I hate it but TBH I've gotten used to it in Europe, it's far more tolerated than here.

Having had a  relative hospitalized as a result of a fire on the Star Princess in late March, 2006, I'm not tolerant at all! It may be inconvenient to walk to a smoking permitted area, but so be it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Here's what I'd do: say "smetti di fumare, e' contro le regole." (Stop smoking, it's against the rules)

But failing that, I'd let security know.

A Fire Extinguisher containing foam usually does the trick ... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

It's about 30 min bus ride to the beach.

There where 2 busses at that location.

Umbrella and Deckchair provided.

There was a small shop, it was allowed to buy drink and meals.

Beach was small, about 10m but quite wide, sandy on shore, within the water small stones. Total beach time about 2.5 h.

Thank you! Sounds good to me 😀

Do you maybe have the exact location of the beach (maybe through pictures you have taken)?