Ravenna!!!

sparklymermaid

They probably will provide a shuttle bus, which would be the easiest option.

On your own you could take the train from Venice to Ravenna (between two and a half to three hours, depending on the train).  Note that all train options will require one change en route, at either Bologna or Ferrara.

Once at Ravenna the easiest option would be a taxi from the station to the cruise port, which is about eight miles away.

Flixbus offers direct bus service but the only runs are later in the day.  This will work if you are travelling the day before your cruise departs but not day of.

Edited by euro cruiser

There very likely will be shuttles/transportation. Its perhaps a little soon. The closing of Venice and relocating the port has been a very recent development.  Believe, they won't say " Surprise!! We changed the port, but we aren't going to help you get there!!"

Hello

RCCL will have a shared coach Transfer on the day of from Venice Marco Polo (VCO) Starting 08:30 up until 14:30. Journey time 2hr 15 mins

£44 Per person per direction

and £87 for return. 

if you have Purchase air to sea it's included.

no word on RCCL private transfer by aloschi bros prices or what the price would be in other countries. i asked them to add on the transfer to our booking over phone. if you find out let me know.

If you instead take a train from Venice S.Lucia (getting to station from airport is about €8) to Ravenna a regional train (about 2.5 hours) could cost as little as €15 per passenger.  This will required a switch in the middle as there is nothing direct, the problem with this option is the last mile to the port (Porto Corsini) is 13KM away. It looks like this would be Taxi €25, Public bus €4, or the cruise port website advise they run a free shuttle I have sent an email asking if this is true for RCCL homeport days but yet to hear back.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, momphoto said:

Does anyone know of any hotels in Ravenna that offer shuttles to the cruise port?

Ravenna isn't really set up to cater for cruise passengers embarking there. It's a relatively new thing and I doubt you'll find any hotels offering a shuttle. However, I'm sure they will be happy to arrange a taxi for the approximately 30-minute transfer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 11:14 PM, artvlay said:

Has anyone used a company that provides transportation from ravenna cruise port to Bologna airport? 

A question of interest for myself as well.  After disembarking we plan on making our way to Bologna for two nights before our return flight to Miami.  Is anyone familiar with the ground transportation situation at Porto Corsini, the cruise port near Ravenna.  It appears to be a 75-to-90-minute car ride to the city center of Bologna.  We are still looking at accommodations in Bologna as well.  Thanks in advance for any useful information anyone may be able to share.

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

A question of interest for myself as well.  After disembarking we plan on making our way to Bologna for two nights before our return flight to Miami.  Is anyone familiar with the ground transportation situation at Porto Corsini, the cruise port near Ravenna.  It appears to be a 75-to-90-minute car ride to the city center of Bologna.  We are still looking at accommodations in Bologna as well.  Thanks in advance for any useful information anyone may be able to share.

There is a port map here:   https://www.ravennacruiseport.com/transportation-and-parking

It shows a taxi stand and that is confirmed in some of the info written on the site. I suppose you could negotiate with a taxi to take you to Bologna; after all it is not that much farther than going from Civitavecchia to Rome.

The port isn't large, so I suspect if you arrange a transfer online it wouldn't be too hard for them to arrange to meet you at the port.

For anyone arriving to Ravenna by train, there is also apparently a dedicated shuttle that departs from close to the train station and will take you directly to the port. The info is on the same page I posted a link to above.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 8:27 AM, Jplanetx said:

Hello

RCCL will have a shared coach Transfer on the day of from Venice Marco Polo (VCO) Starting 08:30 up until 14:30. Journey time 2hr 15 mins

£44 Per person per direction

and £87 for return. 

if you have Purchase air to sea it's included.

no word on RCCL private transfer by aloschi bros prices or what the price would be in other countries. i asked them to add on the transfer to our booking over phone. if you find out let me know.

If you instead take a train from Venice S.Lucia (getting to station from airport is about €8) to Ravenna a regional train (about 2.5 hours) could cost as little as €15 per passenger.  This will required a switch in the middle as there is nothing direct, the problem with this option is the last mile to the port (Porto Corsini) is 13KM away. It looks like this would be Taxi €25, Public bus €4, or the cruise port website advise they run a free shuttle I have sent an email asking if this is true for RCCL homeport days but yet to hear back.

We are sailing from Ravenna in October. What my TA told me was, RCCL is only offering transfers from Venice to Ravenna if you book one of their hotels through them. We are going to fly to Rome, which is cheaper than what RCCL is offering to Venice, stay a few days there, train to Ravenna, spend the night there, and either fly back from Bologna or go back to Rome for a night. 

Would love to find a reasonably priced hotel in Ravenna that offers a free shuttle to the airport. 

25 minutes ago, kimlovesfl said:

Would love to find a reasonably priced hotel in Ravenna that offers a free shuttle to the airport. 

I highly doubt you'll find any hotel in Ravenna that includes a free shuttle to the airport in Bologna -- that would be over an hour's drive.

17 minutes ago, kimlovesfl said:

Hotels with airport shuttles are not a "thing" in Europe.  There are some, but they are usually in very close proximity to a major airport. The airport at Bologna is about one hour away. It is best to arrange for a private transfer either individually or through your hotel. 

My husband and I were originally scheduled to cruise out of Ravenna this past September.  The cruise was cancelled, but since airline reservations to Rome had already been made we decided to just tour Italy on our own, with our first two nights in Ravenna. Train from Rome to Ravenna involved only one transfer in Bologna.

This was actually our 4th time in Italy, but first in Ravenna and we loved the place! They have the most gorgeous UNESCO mosaics, all walkable from our hotel, the NH Ravenna (a short two blocks  from the train station). So, I am posting this to urge folks to consider spending a day or two in Ravenna, rather than just trying to catch the ship there. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lynncarol said:

This was actually our 4th time in Italy, but first in Ravenna and we loved the place! They have the most gorgeous UNESCO mosaics, all walkable from our hotel, the NH Ravenna (a short two blocks  from the train station). So, I am posting this to urge folks to consider spending a day or two in Ravenna, rather than just trying to catch the ship there. 

I completely agree. I am torn between hoping more people will begin to appreciate the treasures in Ravenna (and the great food) and feeling that having thousands of cruisers descend on Ravenna will end up changing the place...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I completely agree. I am torn between hoping more people will begin to appreciate the treasures in Ravenna (and the great food) and feeling that having thousands of cruisers descend on Ravenna will end up changing the place...

Ditto!  The mosaics are incredible and we had the best risotto ever there!  All without being touristy. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, is anyone familiar with parking options at the cruise port?   We will have a car from pre-cruise touring and want to hold onto it for an additional day after we board (since the cruise is in Ravenna for two days).  I don't see formal lots near the port, just some open free paved areas.  Are these good options?  Would you leave your car there overnight?