CDC Cruise Advise / Updates as of 20 August, Just an FYI.

prescottbob

I qualify as “high risk” but as my November cruise is paid for, my shore excursions booked, my flight purchased, my hotel reserved, and I am fully vaxxed and planning on getting the booster in early October, I intend to mush on. 

• Like 7

I’m also high risk with psoriatic arthritis which has kicked my butt for the last almost three years, but I could go right now and get that lovely booster shot at University of TN medical center where I received my first two shots. unfortunately I need to take a rapid antigen test in exactly 18 days and I have read that it messes with the test and right now I need that Alaska cruise so I guess I will have to take my chances and hope for the best.  Linda

6 hours ago, Gryphonette said:

I qualify as “high risk” but as my November cruise is paid for, my shore excursions booked, my flight purchased, my hotel reserved, and I am fully vaxxed and planning on getting the booster in early October, I intend to mush on. 

I couldn’t agree more.

I only provide information that may be of interest to the good CC crowd.

Another news article may be of interest from ‘Oz’:

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/andrews-bans-people-from-removing-masks-to-drink-outdoors/video/8f664dfc9eb0c2a0401c

53295eeb9d66

How does one drink thru a mask? Could cause problems aboard if ever mandated, no? 😀

Be well.

Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prescottbob said:

I only provide information that may be of interest to the good CC crowd.

And it is appreciated! Plus, what is a reasonable decision for me, mayn’t be for others. 

Not to mention, I reserve the right to change my mind depending upon how things transpire over the next month or two. My expectation— and fervent hope — is that by November the situation will be closer to this past May/June. 

11 hours ago, Gryphonette said:

We’re all paid in full too still planning on cruising in November. Have until October to make it a go or no go and Two months a lot can change in the “covid “ world.  Hoping to sail again. 

• Like 1