GTY cabins when booking multiple cabins

When you book a gty you are saying I dont care, put me anywhere on the ship in the category I booked.

Might or might be opposite ends of the ship on different decks. I do think once assigned sometimes you can call up and ask to be moved to a non booked cabin. Someone else will know better about being moved after assigned.

We once booked two OV guarantee cabins on Harmony for our party of four and even though the bookings were linked one couple was allocated midships on deck 3, while the other got one of the forward-facing cabins on deck 7, right at the very front of the ship.

23 minutes ago, nolatravelgirl said:

If I have two cabins booked will they assign them near each other? I don't necessarily need connecting (though it would be nice) but would at least like to have them near each other. It would be almost a $1k more to select our own cabins. 

There is no policy or history of the cruise line trying to keep cabins together as you desire when booking a guarantee.  It may or may not happen.

5 hours ago, nolatravelgirl said:

If I have two cabins booked will they assign them near each other? I don't necessarily need connecting (though it would be nice) but would at least like to have them near each other. It would be almost a $1k more to select our own cabins. 

Assuming you are in North America you can call and change to another available cabin in the same category once a cabin number has been assigned.  That is one of the reasons GTY'S are being assigned later and later.   

We booked 2 guarantee cabins but did not get a assigned cabins until one week before the cruise. My cabin was at the back of the ship and my sons cabin was at the front of the ship and the travel agent was unable to get us any closer.  Our reservations were linked to each other.... A lot of good that does!