“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

So I mentioned our boarding time was 1:30, which I was kind of bummed about because we always arrive around 10:30, and we’re always on quickly since we follow the suites and pins in boarding priority. 

seems the earliest time available was 1 pm anyway , and when I did the check in, there were time slots all the way thru 5 pm 😳  ugh….

I did place a few bids thru Royal Up. As background, we were in an ocean view balcony forward on deck 7. 

I had quite a few options on upgrade choices initially, when I placed my bids but when I went in to update them about a week before, this is all I was seeing and it wouldn’t even let me modify the 1 bedroom Grand suite bid that was still showing as “pending” 

37F84C5A-3C14-4456-ABFE-F6810A796B76.thumb.jpeg.0cd323d342ed04a88ea2678f6d34fcd2.jpeg

• Like 1

I’ve placed a few royal up bids on previous sailings but never got lucky. 

Im going to assume that reduced capacity played into this because my bid was $50 over minimum per person, but WE WON! 
3D4E6C3E-276E-4FA6-BA8A-36667462F4A9.thumb.jpeg.089afdd5b94474a275897eaeb9e571ab.jpeg

no congratulatory Royal up email tho. Just got an updated invoice from RCI  showing my new cabin number!  

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Have you left for Miami yet.......anxious...hurry hurry

Haha! No grabbing breakfast. I’m hearing if you are in a suite, you can arrive 1 hour earlier than your assigned time which would be 12:30 for us 

• Like 2

Following along!

We were supposed to be on Symphony in May 2020 (our last cruise being May 2019), had to switch to Harmony for April 2022 (having lifted and shifted from May 2021).  Hoping to sail on Apex right before Harmony next April.

Congrats on your upgrade to Suite!  Someday...

• Like 1

How is this even remotely ok????? 😳😳😳😱

My breakfast view…..Socks and underwear 🤦🏼‍♀️

950F59A5-5B10-4BE6-87E2-95996248EB7B.thumb.jpeg.b18ce37e66f08472bfdbe6693d8a2849.jpeg

I will never poke fun at people wearing their RCI bathrobes around the ship anymore. I’ve officially seen it all. Please don’t quote my post without removing this photo. 😩😝

• Haha 5

If only I carried my phone around...once on Celebrity Reflection, saw a lady in her Celebrity robe and fuzzy house shoes with rolers in her hair, I kid you not....guess where, at breakfast in Oceanview Cafe, a shocker for me....

• Haha 1

NIKSMOM630---I'm enjoying your review and looking forward to more!

What day did you find out about your upgrade? We're sailing Symphony Saturday, so today is packing day. Our first Symphony sailing was 9/18 on a Rome-Rome western Med. With 6 port days, we didn't spend as much time on the ship as we usually do, so reduced capacity will let us check everything out.

Looking forward to hearing about check-in.

Barb

54 minutes ago, barb in ga said:

NIKSMOM630---I'm enjoying your review and looking forward to more!

What day did you find out about your upgrade? We're sailing Symphony Saturday, so today is packing day. Our first Symphony sailing was 9/18 on a Rome-Rome western Med. With 6 port days, we didn't spend as much time on the ship as we usually do, so reduced capacity will let us check everything out.

Looking forward to hearing about check-in.

Barb

Hi barb! I got my updated cruise invoice on Wednesday! 

almost 2 pm so will be heading to the room to drop our things off

Current pool bar situation. If you aren’t currently waiting for your next cruise, by all means book one while this reduced capacity is a thing! 

image.jpg

• Like 3

Made show and  coastal kitchen dinner reservations. You can schedule  the shows on the app. No Flight tho. One of my favorites . 😔

stopped at the park cafe for a bag of chips to hold me over until 5:30. No chips til tomorrow 😆

settled for a panini 

77FCF7D1-004B-47A6-B986-BD9422C2FD46.thumb.jpeg.0d8631db01f4c8a73a65de728271241f.jpeg

3564D65B-B5F4-48B4-B7A5-81425A30A928.thumb.jpeg.069cf381003d781e26e6690f1b1a511d.jpeg

the staff flips your card over as soon as you sit down

08E086CA-7EF6-4FAC-95ED-51F0D3877FAC.thumb.jpeg.2a7afb294aafc6eb58252446b73cf7cc.jpeg

4 pm view. Our cabin is dangerously close to here. I see a few beef sandwiches in my future. 🙃 hope the chip situation is resolved tho

3961C6DB-AD6D-4FFF-AEFA-33B017B778FE.thumb.jpeg.c04f645c1ba6846a7a2b7c1c53429a3c.jpeg 

• Like 5

Bartender on the suite sun deck said there are 2000 onboard this sailing

When I was on 17 with the concierge making my dinner reservations, I stopped by the bar to inquire how beverages work. Confirmed that any beverage you consume during the day are paid for or deducted against your loyalty beverage vouchers if you are Sky Class. But, from 5 to 8 is free beverages in the lounge for happy hour. 

• Like 1