“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Whoowee, along for the ride, let's see how she's changed since our last cruise Sept. 2019 before CV19.

Thx

Symphony was our last cruise, too, only ours was April 2019! I am SO EXCITED that we are going to be sailing on Allure in two weeks! I haven’t let myself get this excited until now because of all the cancellations, but at this point I can’t seem to control it very well anymore. I’m afraid to think what I’ll be like once we have our negative covid test results in hand, we’re all checked in and walking up the gangway to board Allure! 😱🤪😃🛳

• Like 1

Hi Chris

Thanks for taking time to share your cruise experience with us.

To us one of the strong points of a Royal cruise is the outstanding entertainment. So I am interested in any information about the entertainment venues. Also how it feels in the different public areas with  the ship having a lower capacity level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

once we have our negative covid test results in hand

That's the next milestone for us too....waiting for Thursday next to open in Walgreens booking times and watching only one more departure after today's...just one more! Until we are sitting watching the beach recede behind us! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO.  Our buds are hunkering down for some serious beverage training, stocking up the liquor closet and I'm getting my Bone Fish Bang Bang Shrimp weekend after next!  My tongue is hangin out my mouth right now!  It's been a long time comin!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodenboy said:

Thank you for allowing us to join your sailing! I am sailing Symphony next year so will be following looking for tips, thoughts and ideas 🙂

What is your itinerary?

Originally we were Falmouth Nassau and cococay. But about a week ago switched to western. Cozumel costa maya, and cococay 

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

Symphony was our last cruise, too, only ours was April 2019! I am SO EXCITED that we are going to be sailing on Allure in two weeks! I haven’t let myself get this excited until now because of all the cancellations, but at this point I can’t seem to control it very well anymore. I’m afraid to think what I’ll be like once we have our negative covid test results in hand, we’re all checked in and walking up the gangway to board Allure! 😱🤪😃🛳

I know exactly how you feel. Im

always excited but nervous before every sailing that something might happen to prevent us from going. Add covid to the mix and I was a real mess. Took two over the counter rapid tests early In the week before I showed up at CVS for my real test. 😉

• Like 4

OK, either senility has set in or I am majorly confused.  You're sailing Symphony, right?  But you're in Port Everglades, right?  Symphony is in Miami this morning.....?????  Nobody home in Port E.  I must be missing something!!!!!!!!!

It’s boarding day! Woooooohoooooo! 🥳🎉☀️🏝

it was pretty late by the time Odyssey left. I took a few photos but the iPhone has its limitations. Kicking myself now for not bringing my real camera 🤨

4CCE8277-14E1-4B95-91E0-75AC7A31E1AA.thumb.jpeg.cdb8d433e691cd9f39bb52c1c59c6450.jpeg

0E4D32CB-57A1-4289-871F-4C31AAC9AA9F.thumb.jpeg.096f55c518af9d854d584c69776daa2d.jpeg

33126860-472D-4B52-8972-3698C7E6B42E.thumb.jpeg.6c808e0f72e010314c9d077281b8f5fc.jpeg 

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

OK, either senility has set in or I am majorly confused.  You're sailing Symphony, right?  But you're in Port Everglades, right?  Symphony is in Miami this morning.....?????  Nobody home in Port E.  I must be missing something!!!!!!!!!

Hi BecciBoo! No, you’ve got it right! We alternate flying into Miami and FLL depending on fares. We originally planned to travel from FLL to Miami yesterday, but decided since we have time to kill (boarding time isn’t til 1:30) we’d just stay here, get a late breakfast , and then travel to the 40-50 minutes to the port in Miami 

• Like 1

So excited for you and of course us so we can read your live review 😊

were you on the harmony or allure in 2019 that got stuck out at sea due to hurricane?   We were supposed to the on the allure sailing that got cancelled.  We were able to go to Aruba instead.  This year we were booked to go Aruba 9/3 and have since cancelled and  now scheduled to go on the edge 🤞

so looking forward to reading your updates

wishing you an amazing cruise 

• Like 1

We were scheduled for Edge before Covid....a year later 2 more cancelations and I saw the itin. for Allure in our preferred month so FCCd it, a little annoyed because now we lost the 2 RCCL properties together, Labadee gone.  Now I  wished I'd just moved the Edge up...sooooo want to do Edge!  Now we booked Odessey for our Christmas 2022, so Edge will just have to wait...or Icon or whatever.  I may expire first🤔

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

you’ve got it right! We alternate flying into Miami and FLL depending on fares. We originally planned to travel from FLL to Miami yesterday, but decided since we have time to kill (boarding time isn’t til 1:30) we’d just stay here, get a late breakfast , and then travel to the 40-50 minutes to the port in Miami 

don’t leave too early, it only takes 30 min or less. I can get to port of Miami in 55 min from west Palm. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, renza said:

you’ve got it right! We alternate flying into Miami and FLL depending on fares. We originally planned to travel from FLL to Miami yesterday, but decided since we have time to kill (boarding time isn’t til 1:30) we’d just stay here, get a late breakfast , and then travel to the 40-50 minutes to the port in Miami 

don’t leave too early, it only takes 30 min or less. I can get to port of Miami in 55 min from west Palm. 

thanks for the info, I thought around 45 depending on traffic but the Waze app shows 30 minutes around the time we were planning so I’ll adjust accordingly 👍

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

So excited for you and of course us so we can read your live review 😊

were you on the harmony or allure in 2019 that got stuck out at sea due to hurricane?   We were supposed to the on the allure sailing that got cancelled.  We were able to go to Aruba instead.  This year we were booked to go Aruba 9/3 and have since cancelled and  now scheduled to go on the edge 🤞

so looking forward to reading your updates

wishing you an amazing cruise 

Thanks! And yes! I was on allure during the hurricane sailing that turned my 7 night into a 10 night! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the live review.  Am excited for you.  It's so nice seeing cruises sail again and living through others. I remember you as I think we were in the same roll call for Symphony Marcy 2019. Such an amazing ship. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1