Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

7 minutes ago, Buddee1977 said:

I wish I will have your luck, still waiting here for club balcony to Haven 2 BR out of Barcelona on 4/17. There were still 9-10 available this morning, but not it's all gone. No update on my front page, and not email yet. 

good luck buddee!  Per my experience, there is hope,  it takes a little time between the rooms being unavailable and the upgrade notifications!

1 hour ago, kmurph22 said:

was upgraded today for the 4/17 Jade out of Athens.  Balcony to Haven 2BR for $10 over the minimum bid.  

FYI on the timing.  Per my new daily ritual since I bid on the upgrades, I checked NCL page this morning and Haven was showing as sold out (there were about 6 cabins available yesterday).   I didn't hear anything, and my reservation did not change,  for at least 90 minutes after I noticed this on the NCL page. When I logged into my reservation, the whole "Let's Get you Upgraded" screen was gone,  there was no way to even see my upgrade bids status. 

I figured I was out of luck.  Then... voila,  a happy email!

Woohoo! 

I'm glad they are allocating them now. We paid to upgrade to a 2BR a few weeks ago for around the minimum bid cost of the Haven 2BR (we aren't interested in Haven so preferred the certainty of paying directly for the cabin), but every time I log in I see the upgrade offer and the Garden Villa was very appealing for a minimum bid. I'm assuming they have both gone now as I think they upgrade to the higher cabins first.

5 minutes ago, kmurph22 said:

good luck buddee!  Per my experience, there is hope,  it takes a little time between the rooms being unavailable and the upgrade notifications!

Thanks! Still cross my fingers, checking like hundred times every min! lol. Congrats to you! and wish you a wonderful vacation!!

10 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I'm glad they are allocating them now. We paid to upgrade to a 2BR a few weeks ago for around the minimum bid cost of the Haven 2BR (we aren't interested in Haven so preferred the certainty of paying directly for the cabin), but every time I log in I see the upgrade offer and the Garden Villa was very appealing for a minimum bid. I'm assuming they have both gone now as I think they upgrade to the higher cabins first.

ha ha I saw that Garden Villa upgrade too and was also surprised at the fairly low minimum -  at that price it would have been well more than 50% off the "70% off 2nd passenger" prices.  With just 2 of us sailing it seemed excessive in terms of the amount of space.  But then, sometimes excessive is fun (private hot tub!!)   we didn't bid on it but ah,  maybe some day!

Just now, kmurph22 said:

ha ha I saw that Garden Villa upgrade too and was also surprised at the fairly low minimum -  at that price it would have been well more than 50% off the "70% off 2nd passenger" prices.  With just 2 of us sailing it seemed excessive in terms of the amount of space.  But then, sometimes excessive is fun (private hot tub!!)   we didn't bid on it but ah,  maybe some day!

Yeah, totally unnecessary for us as well (there are three of us, so the 2BR is perfectly adequate). We would never pay anything even close to full price for it, so we did have a discussion about whether we should put in a bid just above minimum as it would probably be the only opportunity that we would ever have to get it at a price like that, but still couldn't justify the cost (all this is assuming that a low bid stood a chance anyway).

In the end I'm glad that I stuck to my policy of booking the room I want and not having to worry about the uncertainty of bidding. We got the 2BR at a good price overall.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, libbyj said:

KTmd435, We bid just over the minimum for a 2 bedroom family suite, and the haven (what the heck!). But looks like those are all sold out now, so I'm not expecting an upgrade. Sure would be nice tho, if they'd let us know already!

Yay!  We did the same just because they were available.  Fingers crossed we get Haven on 4/26 sailing on the Joy!  Our favorite would be a Aft Haven so we bid a lot but still in the "poor" section of the bid...

Received an upgrade today from balcony to club balcony suite for just a bit over minimum bid on our upcoming Pearl cruise to Bermuda 04/15

Will appreciate the extra room since we have our 8 yr old grandson with us this time around!

More room for the Easter bunny to hide those eggs too!😉🐰

• Like 1

Got my upgrade yesterday from a Balc top a Club Balc for the 4-15 cruise on the Pearl to Bermuda for a little over min, which was $100.  Others who got the same upgrade said they bid the min.  

Edited by jimsig

23 hours ago, styles27 said:

Received an upgrade today from balcony to club balcony suite for just a bit over minimum bid on our upcoming Pearl cruise to Bermuda 04/15

Will appreciate the extra room since we have our 8 yr old grandson with us this time around!

More room for the Easter bunny to hide those eggs too!😉🐰

Deb,

Congrats on the upgrade.  
You will love the bathroom in the Club Balcony Suite (great shower!)

Also, nice you get amenities like sparkling wine, bathrobes and treats delivered in afternoon.

Our first NCL ship was the Pearl.

It was designed for Alaska cruises and interiors have glass sculpture and artwork by Dale Chihuly.( Seattle artist.)

We love the Pearl and miss having her in Seattle. 

Our favorite place to hang out was the Great Outdoors. 
Have a wonderful Easter cruise with your family.

Pat

(We leave for Alaska , on the Bliss, end of this month)

Edited by phissy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, belowthewaterline said:

First time poster! Managed to get my upgrade on the Epic for 4/17 from a balcony to a Haven Spa Suite yesterday.  Super excited!! 

Congrat's and enjoy!  We had the same upgrade on the Epic last month from San Juan to NYC (last cruise before Epic headed over to the Med.)  We were in Cabin #14137.  The updated Haven suites on the Epic are so much nicer than the standard cabins on the Epic.  You get a real bathroom! 🙂

If your butler is Ariane (she was handling the Haven Spa Suites our week) tell her Carolyn and Jon miss her so much!  She was wonderful! 

Enjoy the spa!  we used it at least once each day, sometimes twice a day.  It was such a great way to unwind after long days of activities before we got ready for dinner.

18 minutes ago, phissy said:

Deb,

Congrats on the upgrade.  
You will love the bathroom in the Club Balcony Suite (great shower!)

Also, nice you get amenities like sparkling wine, bathrobes and treats delivered in afternoon.

Our first NCL ship was the Pearl.

It was designed for Alaska cruises and interiors have glass sculpture and artwork by Dale Chihuly.( Seattle artist.)

We love the Pearl and miss having her in Seattle. 

Our favorite place to hang out was the Great Outdoors. 
Have a wonderful Easter cruise with your family.

Pat

(We leave for Alaska , on the Bliss, end of this month)

Thanks so much Pat! I wondered if we would get the amenities so it’s good to hear we will. 
I will report back on how it goes.  It’s our grandson’s first cruise so he’s very excited. Would love to take him to Alaska next!

I hope you and your family have a very Happy Easter and I’ll look forward to hearing about your cruise on Bliss. 
(We took Eurodam on our Alaska cruise), I know you’ve done quite a few Alaska cruises so I look to you for expert advice!😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belowthewaterline said:

First time poster! Managed to get my upgrade on the Epic for 4/17 from a balcony to a Haven Spa Suite yesterday.  Super excited!! 

We love the spa suites!  If you haven't been in one before you're going to like it.

4 hours ago, belowthewaterline said:

Congrats on the upgrade!! May I know when did you get the news and how? I'm still waiting for mine, still said pending.......

1 hour ago, Buddee1977 said:

Congrats on the upgrade!! May I know when did you get the news and how? I'm still waiting for mine, still said pending.......

From what I have seen people seem to start getting notifications 4 days or so from sailing.  I was notified Mon and we sail Fri and that seems to be the first day anyone on our cruise was notified.  Some on our cruise also got notified today.  They could even notify you as late as when you check in at the pier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buddee1977 said:

Thanks!! Super excited. My fingers are crossed for you.  I received an email yesterday morning telling me that they accepted my offer.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Congrat's and enjoy!  We had the same upgrade on the Epic last month from San Juan to NYC (last cruise before Epic headed over to the Med.)  We were in Cabin #14137.  The updated Haven suites on the Epic are so much nicer than the standard cabins on the Epic.  You get a real bathroom! 🙂

If your butler is Ariane (she was handling the Haven Spa Suites our week) tell her Carolyn and Jon miss her so much!  She was wonderful! 

Enjoy the spa!  we used it at least once each day, sometimes twice a day.  It was such a great way to unwind after long days of activities before we got ready for dinner.

I shall, and thanks for the information. It sounds like you had an amazing trip. So looking forward to the Spa. I’ve heard good things about it on the Epic.  

On 9/2/2021 at 5:29 AM, jennjess said:

I put in a bid for a balcony from an outside but yesterday noticed that the price had dropped so that my bid and the actual upgrade cost were the same so called and just upgraded.

Now I'm wondering if I should bid for a club balcony but the upgrade program still thinks I'm in an outside cabin.

Wondering if it is worth it as those club cabins are directly under the pool deck/gym and maybe noisy, this is on the Jade btw.

What is the difference between a balcony and a club balcony please?  Thanks.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:35 PM, msudie said:

I'm guessing I won't get the upgrade I bid on.  I just checked to see the availability of Haven cabins on the Joy sailing on 4/16 and all but the two bedroom suites are sold out.  

Has anyone received an email with a yes/no for their bid for this sailing?  Thanks!

How do you check which cabins are available?  Thanks.

9 hours ago, cpl100 said:

What is the difference between a balcony and a club balcony please?  Thanks.

A little more room in the club balcony, better bathroom and some perks like sparkling wine in the room, bathrobes, special treats delivered…ie choc covered strawberries and a complimentary laundry service   Looks like the seating area can be curtained off from the bed area for more privacy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

A little more room in the club balcony, better bathroom and some perks like sparkling wine in the room, bathrobes, special treats delivered…ie choc covered strawberries and a complimentary laundry service   Looks like the seating area can be curtained off from the bed area for more privacy. 

Last time we were in a mini-suite (now called club balcony), we did not get the bathrobes and slippers but found them in our room after we asked.  The bathroom is larger and has the "car wash" shower. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Last time we were in a mini-suite (now called club balcony), we did not get the bathrobes and slippers but found them in our room after we asked.  The bathroom is larger and has the "car wash" shower. 

Thanks for the robe tip. I didn’t know about the amenities until @phissytold me about them yesterday. Bonus lol

Do you remember if there was a coffee maker in the room? I’ve seen them on some YouTube videos but didn’t know if that was still happening with Covid. 

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

Thanks for the robe tip. I didn’t know about the amenities until @phissytold me about them yesterday. Bonus lol

Do you remember if there was a coffee maker in the room? I’ve seen them on some YouTube videos but didn’t know if that was still happening with Covid. 

There is a coffee maker in room but, we always did the complementary room service breakfast. ( continental breakfast) 

Nice to have carafe of coffee in the morning.

There should be room service card that says complementary breakfast.

Ordered coffee and decaf for 2 . We drink half caff.

also, pastries, cereal and milk and juices. 

• Thanks 1