Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Silly question but how likely are upgrade bids likely to be accepted? I've put two bids in, one for balcony and one for sea view window. I didn't select the lowest, but the second lowest bid that's acceptable. Do you think we have a chance? This is for the NCL Gem

Edited by RBrowny
ship name

5 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Silly question but how likely are upgrade bids likely to be accepted? I've put two bids in, one for balcony and one for sea view window. I didn't select the lowest, but the second lowest bid that's acceptable. Do you think we have a chance? This is for the NCL Gem

I was the same as yourself, bid on oceanview and balcony, and my bids were nearly at the lowest rate possible. I sail on Sunday and got my upgrade accepted a week ago

11 minutes ago, David1975 said:

I was the same as yourself, bid on oceanview and balcony, and my bids were nearly at the lowest rate possible. I sail on Sunday and got my upgrade accepted a week ago

Wow that's brilliant, did you get both accepted? If so, do you get to choose?

Just now, RBrowny said:

Wow that's brilliant, did you get both accepted? If so, do you get to choose?

Unfortunately not, i was hoping to get balcony approval but got accepted for Oceanview.

With this being our first cruise, and a relatively new member on here, and not reading up on the process,  i may have just bid on the balcony and hoped for the best. 

Can't complain as we've been assigned an oceanview with a large picture window in what seems like a great area of the ship

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David1975 said:

Unfortunately not, i was hoping to get balcony approval but got accepted for Oceanview.

With this being our first cruise, and a relatively new member on here, and not reading up on the process,  i may have just bid on the balcony and hoped for the best. 

Can't complain as we've been assigned an oceanview with a large picture window in what seems like a great area of the ship

Happy days! we've put a bid in for both. Hoping we get a balcony, it will be my partners first cruise, so having that little bonus will be great. I think even a window will do well enough for us!

2 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Happy days! we've put a bid in for both. Hoping we get a balcony, it will be my partners first cruise, so having that little bonus will be great. I think even a window will do well enough for us!

Good luck!! I hope you get what you're after, and enjoy your cruise 

Just got mine for Saturday sailing on Getaway.

Solo studio to balcony for $5 over minimum--and I didn't make that bid until last Thursday when I realized A LOT of those in solo studios were getting upgrades & it was going to be a ghost town there!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KKB said:

Just got mine for Saturday sailing on Getaway.

Solo studio to balcony for $5 over minimum--and I didn't make that bid until last Thursday when I realized A LOT of those in solo studios were getting upgrades & it was going to be a ghost town there!

I have Bids on all of the Haven Suites for my Cruise in September, unfortunatly looks like there are only about 7 two bedrooms left and the Owners Suite. I have bids in the fair range for all Haven Suites hoping to snatch one up. But if not i am perfectly fine with a balcony i already have. I have won my last 2 Haven bids and hoping tp make it 3 in a row. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

What happens if your bid gets declined, can you submit another bid or not? We have 40 or so days until our cruise, so when that 14 day count down happens, we will be eager to see the updates

Typically Once you have been declined bidding is then closed and all upgrades have been issued. When i have won, the losing bids all say expired with the winning bid first still saying pending, then says processing. Remember typically latlely the bids have been awarded about 4 to 6 days out depending on occupancy of the sailing

My cruise is now 89 days out and there has been a price drop on Haven Suites of approx. $1000 per person yet the "dial" regarding my upgrade bids stayed the same. I would think that would change based on current pricing ? 

9 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

My cruise is now 89 days out and there has been a price drop on Haven Suites of approx. $1000 per person yet the "dial" regarding my upgrade bids stayed the same. I would think that would change based on current pricing ? 

Yes, same on our October Breakaway sailing. Not sure if this is because the upgrade program is separate as it’s operated by plusgrade. We had bids on haven, and when we noticed prices had dropped, rang our personal cruise consultant; to upgrade now into a haven suite was only marginally more than what we were prepared to bid so we just decided to go for it. 

12 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

Bids wont really lower all the much as in the minimum bid but it does happen sometimes. I am willing to pay a certain amount and adjust my bids to match the inventory. I look at it as if i can save a few thousand from just purchasing a Haven I will bid in the fair, only bid once in the good range simply becasue Haven inventory was low. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wolft927 said:

Bids wont really lower all the much as in the minimum bid but it does happen sometimes. I am willing to pay a certain amount and adjust my bids to match the inventory. I look at it as if i can save a few thousand from just purchasing a Haven I will bid in the fair, only bid once in the good range simply becasue Haven inventory was low. 

I am bidding higher than i want but inventory is not great and it's 14 nights which would make the Haven even more enjoyable! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisingCats5 said:

Yes, same on our October Breakaway sailing. Not sure if this is because the upgrade program is separate as it’s operated by plusgrade. We had bids on haven, and when we noticed prices had dropped, rang our personal cruise consultant; to upgrade now into a haven suite was only marginally more than what we were prepared to bid so we just decided to go for it. 

That's tempting. Is the cost for the direct upgrade the same price advertised? 

Just now, 2boyzmom said:

I am bidding higher than i want but inventory is not great and it's 14 nights which would make the Haven even more enjoyable! 

me as well mine is a 9 night and agree 9 nigths in the Haven would be great. I actually have a bif on the owners suit on the Getaway, nervouse if i actually win it my wife is goona poop her pants lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Typically Once you have been declined bidding is then closed and all upgrades have been issued. When i have won, the losing bids all say expired with the winning bid first still saying pending, then says processing. Remember typically latlely the bids have been awarded about 4 to 6 days out depending on occupancy of the sailing

Ah okay, that makes sense. So it will continue to say pending, until you either are processing or expired?

26 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

me as well mine is a 9 night and agree 9 nigths in the Haven would be great. I actually have a bif on the owners suit on the Getaway, nervouse if i actually win it my wife is goona poop her pants lol

We stayed in the DOS once and boy was that special!!!!! Please post if you win it 🙂

Edited by 2boyzmom

1 hour ago, CruisingCats5 said:

We are cruising on the Getaway in October, and the upgrade dial hasn't changed, but prices have come down, with a pretty decent drop today, 74 days out. We are bidding into the Haven and have our eye on a 2-bedroom suite because we are cruising with our two kids (7 and 9). Right now pricing is about $500 over our bid for that suite, and there are 12 available that I can see, so I'm not sure if we should wait if prices come down to match our bid and then upgrade, or if we should lower our bid for it, then wait and see. There is an aft Haven suite (corner balcony) with a master bedroom that I could upgrade to right now for the amount of our bid, so I will be lowering our bid on that suite accordingly.

19 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

We are cruising on the Getaway in October, and the upgrade dial hasn't changed, but prices have come down, with a pretty decent drop today, 74 days out. We are bidding into the Haven and have our eye on a 2-bedroom suite because we are cruising with our two kids (7 and 9). Right now pricing is about $500 over our bid for that suite, and there are 12 available that I can see, so I'm not sure if we should wait if prices come down to match our bid and then upgrade, or if we should lower our bid for it, then wait and see. There is an aft Haven suite (corner balcony) with a master bedroom that I could upgrade to right now for the amount of our bid, so I will be lowering our bid on that suite accordingly.

Is the $500 over your bid per person x2 or x4? The two bedroom with 2 kids on board is perfect.

Question on this, NCL kept sending me emails to bid for an upgrade so I finally did, but when I look at the NCL site it shows all the categories above me as sold out.  Is this just what NCL does as the cruise gets closer (I leave on Friday) or are they really sold out and my bid is useless?