Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

7 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

I’ve never had luck getting my bid accepted in the poor range, most people here are getting them in the fair or better range. 

Ah that's annoying, mine is just because it's running at lower capacity - It's on it's way into the fair range, but not in there . But that's the most I'm willing to move in terms of how much it costs

image.png

40 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Do you think it's worth adding an extra say $20 per person, for the bid

It's like the Price is Right strategy. You want to be a hair over everyone else, but not too much. My bids were at really odd values, e.g., instead of a $500 bid I would make it $520, that way I was slightly higher than others bidding that round number. However, bids are so personalized because it depends on what kind of cabin you're bidding from.

I just upgraded, though, so I cancelled all my bids. The bidding site didn't change based on our upgrade, and honestly the only "better" cabins are not better for us.

29 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

Do it. I promise you wont regret it. Keep us posted what you do. BTW I'm on Breakaway 11/6 and am watching those prices daily for a price drop so I can book too.

I booked it! The guy at NCL was super nice, and the cost to upgrade somehow ended up less than 2x our bid for the 2-bedroom Haven suite. No idea how, but he gave me his extension so that I can call him in the future (I don't remember who our PCC was). We are very excited!

There were 6 2-bedroom suites on deck 15, but I wanted a short walk to the Haven restaurant, so I chose deck 16 even though it's right under the Vibe beach club. There were only 3 2-bedroom suites on deck 16. One was way up front next to the mac daddy corner suites, one was right next to the Haven restaurant (as in sharing a wall), and the other was across from the restaurant, next to the Haven lounge, so I took that one (16120 on the Getaway).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I booked it! The guy at NCL was super nice, and the cost to upgrade somehow ended up less than 2x our bid for the 2-bedroom Haven suite. No idea how, but he gave me his extension so that I can call him in the future (I don't remember who our PCC was). We are very excited!

There were 6 2-bedroom suites on deck 15, but I wanted a short walk to the Haven restaurant, so I chose deck 16 even though it's right under the Vibe beach club. There were only 3 2-bedroom suites on deck 16. One was way up front next to the mac daddy corner suites, one was right next to the Haven restaurant (as in sharing a wall), and the other was across from the restaurant, next to the Haven lounge, so I took that one (16120 on the Getaway).

Congratulations! Yes deck 16 better- especially for the kids with the pool. We had a 2 bedroom on the Getaway with our boys a few years back. Now for me Haven prices still over 6k each for November cruise. Just cant do that so hoping for a decent drop soon....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Ah that's annoying, mine is just because it's running at lower capacity - It's on it's way into the fair range, but not in there . But that's the most I'm willing to move in terms of how much it costs

image.png

Patience is the key, remember 90 percent or more are not even accepted until 2 to 5 days before sailing, if their are still lots of balconies available and you are more than 7 days before sailing why bid more, I’ve received upgrades 6 out of 8 times all poor range within 5 to less than 45 hours sailing day.  The only two I didn’t get were haven, my last one was 30 per person to upgrade from balcony to club balcony in May 2022.  It’s all about supply and demand if you are sailing on a holiday cruise and it’s full of course it will cost more to upgrade but if your off season and the ship is not a capacity why bid a large amount 60 days out for a balcony when you see 200 still available?

45 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Patience is the key, remember 90 percent or more are not even accepted until 2 to 5 days before sailing, if their are still lots of balconies available and you are more than 7 days before sailing why bid more, I’ve received upgrades 6 out of 8 times all poor range within 5 to less than 45 hours sailing day.  The only two I didn’t get were haven, my last one was 30 per person to upgrade from balcony to club balcony in May 2022.  It’s all about supply and demand if you are sailing on a holiday cruise and it’s full of course it will cost more to upgrade but if your off season and the ship is not a capacity why bid a large amount 60 days out for a balcony when you see 200 still available?

I don't know if it's in season, I've just heard the Gem is running at 50/60 percent capacity. I just want to try and reassure that the bid will be accepted, well have more chance. I don't know if there's many balcony's available, but I can try and have a look now. Patience yes, but the lowest bid we offered I think is too low, so upped it a little.

I had a look and looks like 60 or so balcony's available, currently. Not sure if that's a good sign or not

Edited by RBrowny
found how many balcony's available

27 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

I don't know if it's in season, I've just heard the Gem is running at 50/60 percent capacity. I just want to try and reassure that the bid will be accepted, well have more chance. I don't know if there's many balcony's available, but I can try and have a look now. Patience yes, but the lowest bid we offered I think is too low, so upped it a little.

I had a look and looks like 60 or so balcony's available, currently. Not sure if that's a good sign or not

Are you leaving in two weeks or 60 days? If 60 days that’s not a lot at all if two weeks still not a lot look at all categories if it’s less than two weeks sounds full also much easier to do mock bookings on travel agent sites instead of ncl for availability just because one sailing is not at capacity doesn’t mean three weeks later is to get a upgrade deal doing some extra research really can pay off

4 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Are you leaving in two weeks or 60 days? If 60 days that’s not a lot at all if two weeks still not a lot look at all categories if it’s less than two weeks sounds full also much easier to do mock bookings on travel agent sites instead of ncl for availability just because one sailing is not at capacity doesn’t mean three weeks later is to get a upgrade deal doing some extra research really can pay off

40 days we leave, it's not letting me choose the inside cabins at all to change and see what they have. I've just checked on window rooms and there's around the same left too. To my understanding this must be running at near capacity, and not 50/60 percent as I've heard?

47 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

You can see if the bid was accepted by looking at the status.  Pending means the bid was accepted as a valid bid bout you have not yet won the upgrade.  Processing means you have been upgraded.  No need to try TO do it.  Also you do not have try to TO see what balconies are available.  Just look by going through the booking process to the point of selecting the cabin and you will see what is available now.  Remember that even if the cabin type is currently sold out, you might win an upgrade to that type depending on the upgrades won by others and whatever the current capacity limitations are.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, RBrowny said:

40 days we leave, it's not letting me choose the inside cabins at all to change and see what they have. I've just checked on window rooms and there's around the same left too. To my understanding this must be running at near capacity, and not 50/60 percent as I've heard?

Try a different website I saw 76 cabins in category IA inside on oct 2nd but only like 27 BA’s which is not a lot, best of luck cruising and not matter what your on a cruise so enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Try a different website I saw 76 cabins in category IA inside on oct 2nd but only like 27 BA’s which is not a lot, best of luck cruising and not matter what your on a cruise so enjoy!

Yes while doing a mock booking on NCL page - it showed half of what i saw on another site.

37 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

Yes while doing a mock booking on NCL page - it showed half of what i saw on another site.

Those may be part of agency's hold cabins that the general public cannot buy from NCL.  A TA could probably shed light on that.  I have been offered incredible deals because the TA has a block.

I assume as we get closer to sailing that inventory may return.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You can see if the bid was accepted by looking at the status.  Pending means the bid was accepted as a valid bid bout you have not yet won the upgrade.  Processing means you have been upgraded.  No need to try TO do it.  Also you do not have try to TO see what balconies are available.  Just look by going through the booking process to the point of selecting the cabin and you will see what is available now.  Remember that even if the cabin type is currently sold out, you might win an upgrade to that type depending on the upgrades won by others and whatever the current capacity limitations are.  Good luck.

3 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

43 minutes ago, 2boyzmom said:

I thought it would be best to reply here. It's the 25th September sailing, and noticed there wasn't as many as I've heard. So I am assuming capacity is higher, meaning upgrade will be harder to get. It doesn't bother me too much, but it would be the icing on the cake if we did get a balcony. 

Both bids are on pending - one for window and one for balcony, but there's no point me looking at it until 14 days before the cruise, and every day after to see if status has changed.

To be honest, I think the ship will be running at a much greater capacity then 50/60 as originally been told.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

not even fair. Grand majority of our bids have been on fair range and nothing, zip, nada. 🙂

I guess it all depends on time of year. We cruise in off seasons usually and won last 2 bids with fair for Haven Suites. My cruise for next month didnt chance it and simply upgraded to Haven, glad i did becasue only haven left is the Owners lol

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 7:05 PM, complawyer said:

well, to clarify, and i dont mean to sound like the diva i am, we usually book a haven when possible, or a suite (not club balcony) if theship has no haven complex.

on our recent cruise (ncl bliss to alaska) we got a comped club balcony cabin. so while i was just a little disappointed in got getting the upgrade bid, it's a 1st world problem, and im sure no one will feel sorry for my wife and i that we had to tough it out in a free club balcony.lol

For us, Haven Suites just aren't what NCL Suites used to be.... the best suite we ever booked on NCL was the Deluxe Owners Suite on the Dawn...that cabin was the bomb!!  Floor to ceiling windows, right over the bridge...bigger than alot of NYC apartments... back when they used to give you 3 BOTTLES OF BOOZE of your choice!! The list of amenities was long.  This was long before the 'Haven' and the 'Cabana' rooms... 

• Like 3

For those of you bidding, or have bid in the past.  Keep in mind there are several factors that go into their decision on who gets an upgrade. #1. How much did you pay for your current cabin (did you pay rock bottom or top dollar?) #2. How much can they get for your current cabin and #3. How much did you bid on your offer.  Which ever scenario will net them the most money dictates who wins the bid.  I would like to believe that status level has something to do with it, but probably not since status doesn't = more money for them.  I also think that when capacity was at about 50%...alot of people were awarded upgrades (us included) at the lowest bid...but now, with cruising open to all... I'm pretty sure we will be seeing full capacity once again.... don't forget to washy washy...it's still a thing. 

26 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

For us, Haven Suites just aren't what NCL Suites used to be.... the best suite we ever booked on NCL was the Deluxe Owners Suite on the Dawn...that cabin was the bomb!!  Floor to ceiling windows, right over the bridge...bigger than alot of NYC apartments... back when they used to give you 3 BOTTLES OF BOOZE of your choice!! The list of amenities was long.  This was long before the 'Haven' and the 'Cabana' rooms... 

I sailed on the Dawn in 10006! Almost my favorite cabin - comes in second after the GV on the Gem with 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, piano, private courtyard, etc  - and 6 bottles of booze! (I fell into that great deal way before bidding was a thing)! Oh those were the good old days!

I agree that the Haven suites just aren’t what they used to be…….🥺

20 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

For those of you bidding, or have bid in the past.  Keep in mind there are several factors that go into their decision on who gets an upgrade. #1. How much did you pay for your current cabin (did you pay rock bottom or top dollar?) #2. How much can they get for your current cabin and #3. How much did you bid on your offer.  Which ever scenario will net them the most money dictates who wins the bid.  I would like to believe that status level has something to do with it, but probably not since status doesn't = more money for them.  I also think that when capacity was at about 50%...alot of people were awarded upgrades (us included) at the lowest bid...but now, with cruising open to all... I'm pretty sure we will be seeing full capacity once again.... don't forget to washy washy...it's still a thing. 

Highly doubtful that how much you paid has any bearing on the bids, as that amount is already fixed and does not factor into how much additional income they can make with your bid.

18 minutes ago, Treacherous Cretins said:

It is probably a low ranked tie breaker I am guessing.

Possible, although the agency doing the bidding process may not even have that information, just the current value of the room that would be vacated.  My guess is that a tiebreaker could either be by lottery or bid-date.

2 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

For those of you bidding, or have bid in the past.  Keep in mind there are several factors that go into their decision on who gets an upgrade. #1. How much did you pay for your current cabin (did you pay rock bottom or top dollar?) #2. How much can they get for your current cabin and #3. How much did you bid on your offer.  Which ever scenario will net them the most money dictates who wins the bid.  I would like to believe that status level has something to do with it, but probably not since status doesn't = more money for them.

I don't believe that is all.    What about those that used points to go from an inside to a Balcony? How does that factor?

4 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I don't believe that is all.    What about those that used points to go from an inside to a Balcony? How does that factor?

From a financial viewpoint, it doesn't factor at all.  Your current cabin has a specific value at the time the bids are processed.  You have offered a specific amount of money.  How much you originally paid for your cabin has no bearing on how much additional income NCL can make if they give you an upgrade.