Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 hour ago, ajacksonirl said:

I had that too but it changed a few days ago. I am in an inside- got deck 11. Have bids in for upgrade also so fingers crossed. Going Sept 4 on Gem so not expecting to hear until next week. 

Ended up with a cabin with a shorted angled balcony and right under the bridge 😞

23 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever won a bid for the delux owners suite on either the breakaway or the getaway? I am in a courtyard and have a bid on the line remaining cabin which is the delux owners suite and wondering if I have a shot? I am bid in the fair range. Thanks everyone 

We're in the Deluxe Owner's suite (regular balcony) for the 8/29 Getaway sailing and have a bid in for the Deluxe Owner's suite with the "large" balcony.  No word yet...but if you're on the 8/29 sailing I hope we both win 🙂 I'll report back if i hear anything.

56 minutes ago, Huntley12 said:

We're in the Deluxe Owner's suite (regular balcony) for the 8/29 Getaway sailing and have a bid in for the Deluxe Owner's suite with the "large" balcony.  No word yet...but if you're on the 8/29 sailing I hope we both win 🙂 I'll report back if i hear anything.

Im on the September 29th Getaway cruise....I will update when i find out. Odds are not a chance but ok with my courtyards Haven I have already

I've been watching the 2 bedroom family suites on my upcoming cruise, departing on Sept 2. Up until tonight there were 5 out of 10 available. All of a sudden 1 disappeared, now the rest of them have sold out this evening. I'm assuming does that mean they have assigned those to upgrade requests. 

I submitted an upgrade bid earlier this week, when the price went down. Just wondering how soon will I hear if I won my upgrade bid or lost mine. I doubt all 5 were bought in one night, even with the discount.  I only bid in the poor range from a balcony so my chance is low, but hoping. 

Also what's interesting is a couple times in the last month I started to bid an upgrade and then canceled. Late last week, I saw a discount for the minimum bid for that specific category but none of the other ones. I wondered if it saw I tried to bid and canceled.

Edited by genealogyfan

42 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

I've been watching the 2 bedroom family suites on my upcoming cruise, departing on Sept 2. Up until tonight there were 5 out of 10 available. All of a sudden 1 disappeared, now the rest of them have sold out this evening. I'm assuming does that mean they have assigned those to upgrade requests. 

I submitted an upgrade bid earlier this week, when the price went down. Just wondering how soon will I hear if I won my upgrade bid or lost mine. I doubt all 5 were bought in one night, even with the discount.  I only bid in the poor range from a balcony so my chance is low, but hoping. 

Also what's interesting is a couple times in the last month I started to bid an upgrade and then canceled. Late last week, I saw a discount for the minimum bid for that specific category but none of the other ones. I wondered if it saw I tried to bid and canceled.

If they all disappeared,you are probably right that others bids were accepted.

Many people bid very high for high end rooms.

We booked an inside cabin for our upcoming Alaska cruise and before putting in a bid I just called on a whim and asked customer service what they could do for us.  Received an upgrade to a balcony for less than $100 total.  I was quite surprised and almost didn't believe it until we received the confirmation email with the new cabin number.  And since I upgraded through customer service, we were able to select our room and received an additional free at sea dining (of course had to pay the grats but I'm cool with that).  Bidding mid-range would have been over $1000 so we are beyond happy about this.  Just wanted to share as you never know what might happen when you call in and ask!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CaliMom05 said:

We booked an inside cabin for our upcoming Alaska cruise and before putting in a bid I just called on a whim and asked customer service what they could do for us.  Received an upgrade to a balcony for less than $100 total.  I was quite surprised and almost didn't believe it until we received the confirmation email with the new cabin number.  And since I upgraded through customer service, we were able to select our room and received an additional free at sea dining (of course had to pay the grats but I'm cool with that).  Bidding mid-range would have been over $1000 so we are beyond happy about this.  Just wanted to share as you never know what might happen when you call in and ask!

Did you check the website prior to calling?

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Did you check the website prior to calling?

Yes I did a mock booking and cruise price would have been over twice what we paid so the bidding process would have been the less expensive option.  But calling in and getting this fantastic deal made our day!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaliMom05 said:

Great outcome.  How many weeks out from your sailing did you call?

Hi All! 

Sailing on the Joy on 9/1/22 and booked a Family Villa category HH. 

Received my upgrade notice weeks ago, and started bidding on a 2-bedroom villa, the large balcony villa on deck 17 category H6.

Last week upon logging in to see if there' were any changes, I saw that the bidding process had changed to something called Upgrade Advantage Real Time bidding.  I immediately began bidding with a final number in mind.  It indicated that there were 20 other bidders in this same category I was bidding.

Well, it went a few times until I  finally received a notification on this same page that I was in the lead, and stated to consider raising my bid to better my chances.  I decided at this point that although I wasn't at my final number, I would wait it out to see what was what.

This was last week.  I've checked everyday since then, it still still shows 20 other bidders and still says that I'm still in the lead and I've yet to hear if I've actually been awarded. There's only (7) days till cruise date.

I've been checking the availability  of this suite and see that where there were initially (2) available, now there is only one.  I'm not sure if they're looking for me to actually up my bid, I really don't have any idea what's going on.

Has anyone ever had this situation where you've gotten this far in the bidding process, and still not awarded the upgrade? 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Daddywrbucks said:

Hi All! 

Received my upgrade notice weeks ago, and started bidding on a 2-bedroom villa, the large balcony villa on deck 17 category H6.

Last week upon logging in to see if there' were any changes, I saw that the bidding process had changed to something called Upgrade Advantage Real Time bidding.  I immediately began bidding with a final number in mind.  It indicated that there were 20 other bidders in this same category I was bidding.

Well, it went a few times until I  finally received a notification on this same page that I was in the lead, and stated to consider raising my bid to better my chances.  I decided at this point that although I wasn't at my final number, I would wait it out to see what was what.

This was last week.  I've checked everyday since then, it still still shows 20 other bidders and still says that I'm still in the lead and I've yet to hear if I've actually been awarded. There's only (7) days till cruise date.

I've been checking the availability  of this suite and see that where there were initially (2) available, now there is only one.  I'm not sure if they're looking for me to actually up my bid, I really don't have any idea what's going on.

Has anyone ever had this situation where you've gotten this far in the bidding process, and still not awarded the upgrade? 

Do they give you a final date and time for bid closure?

No, no final date.  I just checked it again today and it still says I'm in the lead.

So just to make sure that my screen wasn't frozen or some other odd computer glitch, I threw in another $7 dollars to my bid.  Came back once again that I'm in the lead.

Seems strange after an entire week that I would still be in the lead with 20 other bidders, I'm not going in with any high end bid.

26 minutes ago, Daddywrbucks said:

No, no final date.  I just checked it again today and it still says I'm in the lead.

So just to make sure that my screen wasn't frozen or some other odd computer glitch, I threw in another $7 dollars to my bid.  Came back once again that I'm in the lead.

Seems strange after an entire week that I would still be in the lead with 20 other bidders, I'm not going in with any high end bid.

It doesn't sound like the $7 made a difference.  Did you go back and lower it to your original amount?  I guess a person who is "in the lead" could try incremental bid reductions to see how much they can save and still be "in the lead."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumRunner2021 said:

It doesn't sound like the $7 made a difference.  Did you go back and lower it to your original amount?  I guess a person who is "in the lead" could try incremental bid reductions to see how much they can save and still be "in the lead."

Thats what i was just thinking....But also would let another person know that they are close to the lead once the go into the lead then go back to trailing. Its a risk. 

I have a bid on the Deluxe Haven Owners suite for Sept 29th Getaway nine night cruise. I am currently in Haven Courtyard. I am only bidding because it is the only Haven Suite left and I actually put in a strong bid...Figure you never know lol

1 hour ago, RumRunner2021 said:

How do you see that you are in the lead?...when you log in to your NCL?

5 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Great outcome.  How many weeks out from your sailing did you call?

I had just received our airline reservations from NCL and called to book our transfers to the airport when I asked about a possible upgrade.  It was about 55 days from our sailing date when I called.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daddywrbucks said:

It’s still too soon normally havens are 3 to 5 business days before sailing you should hear soon 

1 minute ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

It’s still too soon normally havens are 3 to 5 business days before sailing you should hear soon 

Correct, all Haven Bids I have one came as soon as 6 days out, but last 2 I won were 4 days out. Haven are the first to get announced, then goes club balconies etc...

8 minutes ago, Daddywrbucks said:

39 minutes ago, Quencups said:

How do you see that you are in the lead?...when you log in to your NCL?

It will tell you on the real time bidding whether you're in the lead and if not, it will just have you bidding until you're either in the lead or at your top dollar amount that you wish to bid.

3 hours ago, Daddywrbucks said:

Hi All! 

Sounds like NCL got smart, real time bidding gets people more wrapped up

7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Sounds like NCL got smart, real time bidding gets people more wrapped up

Yea, you're not kidding.  Trying to maintain restraint while watching my bid go higher is a little difficult.  Getting the bigger cabin would be nice but I still fine with whatever I end up with.  I'm still in the Haven, how bad could it be?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Daddywrbucks said:

It will tell you on the real time bidding whether you're in the lead and if not, it will just have you bidding until you're either in the lead or at your top dollar amount that you wish to bid.

Where is this real time bidding located?

• Like 1