Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

20 minutes ago, photomikey said:

If I book today for a sailing in 89 days, can I still expect an opportunity to bid?

Yes, I booked a haven 47 days out within 2 days received email to upgrade to 2 bedroom or owners suite 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

If you're eligible to upgrade you'll get an e-mail around 120 days prior to embarkation.

It has happened two ways for me.  a) I never get an email but I receive a "let's get you upgraded" offer when I login to NCL.com and access that specific cruise reservation.  b) I get the email but never get the on-line screen offer.  Others have reported the same thing (i.e. one or the other, but not both).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

UPGRADE ADVANTAGE FAQ

1. Is the offer amount per person per day or for the entire duration of the cruise?
The offer amount is per person for the entire duration of the cruise. Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom - only the first and second guest will be charged.

2. Does the upgrade include any additional promotions?
The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. However, you get to keep whichever promotions you already have.

Unless something changed, that does not include keeping spa access if you went from a Haven Spa to an alternate Haven room. I had a Haven Spa, bid on the Owner's Suite, and lost my spa access and had to purchase spa passes.

• Like 1

So I was in a Haven Spa, placed bids on the Deluxe Owner's Suite, Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony, and 2 Bedroom Family Villa with balcony for the 9/12 10 day Getaway from NYC.  I saw the Aft facing penthouse with balcony pop up yesterday for a few hundred more than I paid so I called customer service to get it but by the time I got someone there were none available. I checked again this morning and they were available again, so I called and was able to upgrade for $70!  A much larger room, but no spa access. I LOVE the spa but my wife not as much, I guess we'll see how crazy the courtyard is this cruise and depending on how it goes purchase spa passes or not.

So yes, always check the prices! Sometimes straight upgrading is MUCH less expensive than bidding on a higher class room.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

I've a lot of FCC at NCL.

Is it possible to pay the upgrade bit using these FCC?

When you bid, there is a checkbox that says something towards the effect of "I have a future cruise credit I'd like to use" but it does bill you the full amount to the credit card you provide, so I'm not sure what the point of the checkbox is.

25 minutes ago, Heronymous said:

Unless something changed, that does not include keeping spa access if you went from a Haven Spa to an alternate Haven room. I had a Haven Spa, bid on the Owner's Suite, and lost my spa access and had to purchase spa passes.

I thought my above post included the entire FAQ.  Spa bookings are addresses in question12!

https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-faq

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

I've a lot of FCC at NCL.

Is it possible to pay the upgrade bit using these FCC?

Yes.

I put bids in on Friday and was either able to use 100% FCC or a credit card. You could not split the payments so you would need to have enough FCC to cover your bid.

I have a related question— we are bidding into the Haven for our October cruise on the Getaway, and we are cruising with our two sons so have our eye on the two-bedroom Haven suite.

There was another price drop this AM, so the base fare to upgrade is only about $200 more than our standing bid x2– for example, if our bid were $500, the cost to upgrade would be $1200, so $200 more than our bid x2.

We are 67 days out. According to my mock booking, there are 9 two-bedroom Haven suites available. There were 12 last week.

While it’s tempting to book the upgrade and guarantee that we get one of those Haven suites, we are hesitant to pull the trigger because it’s possible the price will drop further. In that case, we would reduce our bid if we didn’t upgrade ourselves.

It’s also possible that these suites will sell out before another significant price drop.

However, I have my doubts that NCL will give these suites away for a song, so I’m not necessarily convinced that continuing to wait is the best option.

If we book the upgrade, and the price drops further, does NCL give OBC for the difference? I know they don’t have to, but I guess what I’m asking is, is that a common practice these days?

edited to add: or FCC?

Edited by rbxlady

24 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I have a related question— we are bidding into the Haven for our October cruise on the Getaway, and we are cruising with our two sons so have our eye on the two-bedroom Haven suite.

There was another price drop this AM, so the base fare to upgrade is only about $200 more than our standing bid x2– for example, if our bid were $500, the cost to upgrade would be $1200, so $200 more than our bid x2.

We are 67 days out. According to my mock booking, there are 9 two-bedroom Haven suites available. There were 12 last week.

While it’s tempting to book the upgrade and guarantee that we get one of those Haven suites, we are hesitant to pull the trigger because it’s possible the price will drop further. In that case, we would reduce our bid if we didn’t upgrade ourselves.

It’s also possible that these suites will sell out before another significant price drop.

However, I have my doubts that NCL will give these suites away for a song, so I’m not necessarily convinced that continuing to wait is the best option.

If we book the upgrade, and the price drops further, does NCL give OBC for the difference? I know they don’t have to, but I guess what I’m asking is, is that a common practice these days?

I would not wait.  If you want to be in the Haven, I would definitely upgrade myself for the $200 difference.  You have no assurance that the price will drop and others on your cruise may snatch up the remaining Haven suites and there won't be any left.  Also, if you book the Haven outright, you will receive 2 latitude points per night rather than 1 point.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

I would not wait.  If you want to be in the Haven, I would definitely upgrade myself for the $200 difference.  You have no assurance that the price will drop and others on your cruise may snatch up the remaining Haven suites and there won't be any left.  Also, if you book the Haven outright, you will receive 2 latitude points per night rather than 1 point.  

I absolutely agree, My September 29th 9 day on the getaway I watched it from having 27 Havens to just under 12 in a week. Then all the sudden there was 3, I was able to get a Courtyard for almost the same price I was willing to bid, so I know i wanted to be in the Have so simply booked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

Oh, sweet, I had no idea about latitude points. That's a nice bonus!

10 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

I absolutely agree, My September 29th 9 day on the getaway I watched it from having 27 Havens to just under 12 in a week. Then all the sudden there was 3, I was able to get a Courtyard for almost the same price I was willing to bid, so I know i wanted to be in the Have so simply booked. 

Your posts about your upcoming Getaway cruise are what really freaked me out as far as how fast those Haven suites disappeared! Like our cruise, your cruise is also while school is in session, so there's no good reason why the Haven on your cruise should fill up so fast on your cruise as compared to our October 22nd 7-day.

I suppose if the price drops further, we can ask for OBC, and they can say no. It doesn't hurt to ask. And if we can't get the benefit of that money, well, I guess that is the cost of guaranteeing your upgrade.

I'm about to call my husband to double check that we are both on board (no pun intended) with upgrading, since it is a good bit of money.

Thank you!

Edited by rbxlady
a word

3 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Your posts about your upcoming Getaway cruise are what really freaked me out as far as how fast those Haven suites disappeared! Like our cruise, your cruise is also while school is in session, so there's no good reason why the Haven on your cruise should fill up so fast on your cruise as compared to our October 22nd 7-day.

I suppose if the price drops further, we can ask for OBC, and they can say no. It doesn't hurt to ask. And if we can't get the benefit of that money, well, I guess that is the cost of guaranteeing your upgrade.

I'm about to call my husband to double check that we are both on board (no pun intended) with upgrading, since it is a good bit of money.

Thank you!

They are going much faster now that vacinations are no longer needed! At least thats my opninion 

11 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

They are going much faster now that vacinations are no longer needed! At least thats my opninion 

Yeah, that was my concern, too.

I just booked the upgrade and somehow it came out to less additional money than 2x our bid, which is super weird, but I'll take it! I didn't remember our PCC's name, so now I have this guy's info for anything in the future because he is some kind of cruising wizard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

If I up my bid for a balcony room, do you think it's more likely to be accepted or not? I bided as soon as I got the invite to bid, just would like that little upgrade.

They are always going to take the bids that are most profitable for them. also always depends on available inventory

26 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

They are always going to take the bids that are most profitable for them. also always depends on available inventory

Do you think it's worth adding an extra say $20 per person, for the bid

3 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

It's in the poor, but apparently the Gem is running at reduced capacity - so not sure what's best to do?

Upgrades to balconies are excepted alot, I upgrade from Balcony to Haven and always leave myself in the mid fair range, cost more but also saves money typically. 

2 hours ago, rbxlady said:

Do it. I promise you wont regret it. Keep us posted what you do. BTW I'm on Breakaway 11/6 and am watching those prices daily for a price drop so I can book too.

2 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Upgrades to balconies are excepted alot, I upgrade from Balcony to Haven and always leave myself in the mid fair range, cost more but also saves money typically. 

Excepted or accepted? Is it worth adding more so we're closer to fair, don't want to spend an extra $100 each on a bid when it's already $110 - I was thinking $130/140