Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

4 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So I have a Question. I have won my last 2 bids for Haven Suites, but there where always cabins available in the Haven when I have won. So we are 57 days out and appears there are 13 2 bedrooms available at this time, and 1 forward facing. Has anyone ever won a Bid for a Haven cabin that said sold out? I am assuming existing Haven Suite guests would bid from a Courtyard to a higher stateroom category. All my bids are on the high end of Fair, and hoping there is someone with some experience with winning cabins that where said to be sold out. Thanks again for all your help. 

well it's possible the sold out courtyard rooms would bid on the 2 bedroom for extra space so then yes you can essentially win a sold out courtyard cabin. I'm hoping for that situation since i have my eyes on a sold out aft penthouse 🙂

Just now, 2boyzmom said:

well it's possible the sold out courtyard rooms would bid on the 2 bedroom for extra space so then yes you can essentially win a sold out courtyard cabin. I'm hoping for that situation since i have my eyes on a sold out aft penthouse 🙂

I have my eyes on any Haven lol...I sailed in the forward facing which i loved as well as the 2 bedroom. I do have bids on all and just hoping for any Haven suite honestly....have gotten spoiled my last 2 cruises. 

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

well, we're 3 days away from sailing(bliss to alaska, aug 6-) i bid on 5 different haven suites, and still no word .should i just take my ball and go  home or is there still a ray of hope?

Always hope until they say bids expired 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I have my eyes on any Haven lol...I sailed in the forward facing which i loved as well as the 2 bedroom. I do have bids on all and just hoping for any Haven suite honestly....have gotten spoiled my last 2 cruises. 

We've been in 2 bedrooms and DOS and am also super spoiled. I bid on all of them except the spa suite. Not interested in that huge tub in the living area. We are already in a B1 Aft for this trip so wont be crushed if we lose out but i went all out on bids for my retirement trip.  It's a 14 day cruise so that would be amazing. Good luck to you!

Edited by 2boyzmom

Sailing on Getaway August 13, 2022 (10 days out) and received news today the upgrade for my adult daughter's room was accepted.  From solo interior to balcony (on the same deck we are on - bonus) for $410 total.  If you submitted an upgrade bid start checking your email.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Stcksav said:

Sailing on Getaway August 13, 2022 (10 days out) and received news today the upgrade for my adult daughter's room was accepted.  From solo interior to balcony (on the same deck we are on - bonus) for $410 total.  If you submitted an upgrade bid start checking your email.

Congratulations and thank you for reporting. 

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

current update. ship sails this saturday, we're flying into seattle tommorow. offers still show "pending" but i'm losing hope

Keep checking your CC statement.  That's been the first sign we've had a couple times.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

im sorry, what is the cc statement, i was under the impression we'd get an email confirmation if the bid was accepted and wouldnt hear anything if it wasnt

If you haven’t won it by now expect the automated “unfortunately we could not accept your bid” email 24 hours before you sail. That was my experience last week anyways but I only bid the minimum amount.

11 minutes ago, complawyer said:

well, the lets get  you upgraded screen is gone, and no notification of bid acceptance. oh well, on the bright side i just saved $2500, and we're still in a free club balcony. sure will miss the butler,however!

What suite where you bidding on? 

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

well, the lets get  you upgraded screen is gone, and no notification of bid acceptance. oh well, on the bright side i just saved $2500, and we're still in a free club balcony. sure will miss the butler,however!

Can’t beat free!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, David1975 said:

I’ve just had my bid accepted from inside stateroom to ocean view stateroom. I also bid on a balcony room.  Is there an option to bid again for the balcony room ?

Thanks in advance 

No once one of the bids is accepted that’s it your done, enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David1975 said:

I’ve just had my bid accepted from inside stateroom to ocean view stateroom. I also bid on a balcony room.  Is there an option to bid again for the balcony room ?

Thanks in advance 

Care to share your winning bid? I'm interested in knowing what an acceptable bid looks like.