Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Has anyone ever won a Spa Club Suite Balcony? We’re sailing on Saturday and all of the Haven Suites are sold out, I have put bids in but I’m not holding my breath on them.

We are currently in a Club Suite and would at least really like to go up to a Spa Club Suite as we like the Thermal Spa and have spent a lot of time in there the last couple of cruises. The cost of the thermal spa pass is $299 and the range for bidding is $100-$550. There are a couple of those rooms available, I placed a bid $260pp which puts is in the middle of fair and am wondering if I should up it to at least $300pp to match the price of the thermal spa pass. I’m probably way overthinking it, as usual! Thanks for any guidance! 

Edited by mrsjetpup

On 7/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, trbarton said:

Has anybody upgraded from a studio inside & if so what did you bid for & what did you get?

I'm new to NCL & the bidding process. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

In June, I bid the minimum from a studio to the balcony and was successful.  Remember you do pay double so a $100 bid becomes $200 as you are a solo traveller.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mrsjetpup said:

Has anyone ever won a Spa Club Suite Balcony? We’re sailing on Saturday and all of the Haven Suites are sold out, I have put bids in but I’m not holding my breath on them.

We are currently in a Club Suite and would at least really like to go up to a Spa Club Suite as we like the Thermal Spa and have spent a lot of time in there the last couple of cruises. The cost of the thermal spa pass is $299 and the range for bidding is $100-$550. There are a couple of those rooms available, I placed a bid $260pp which puts is in the middle of fair and am wondering if I should up it to at least $300pp to match the price of the thermal spa pass. I’m probably way overthinking it, as usual! Thanks for any guidance! 

We are currently in a Balcony on the escape and just paid 399 dollars for the spa pass for 16 days in November. We just got the email to bid and we did, we are currently in the middle fair range too. We offered way less than the spa pass cost and we are not planning on changing it, if we get it we get it if we don't then we don't. If we get it then i will definitely get a refund for what we paid for the spa passes. :-)....The price ranges are too high  for the Spa Balcony and Spa Club staterooms right now.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 11:40 AM, deelightfull said:

Speaking of which, we just (47 hours before cruising) had our bid accepted for Wednesday's cruise.  Of the three bids we put in, they took the biggest bid for the nicest room, club balcony suite, $260 bid ($520 total) to upgrade from an inside room. If it wasn't the lowest bid possible, it was close!

I know other people on our ship for our cruise dates started getting bids accepted on Friday, and here we are Monday!  It's my (totally unsupported) hypothesis that since we were upgrading from an inside room, we were last, because there's no way they're getting anyone else for that room we're leaving behind. 🤣 We've also heard rumors this ship is going to be pretty empty, so maybe enough rooms for whoever is willing to pay. Ultimately though, who knows what computers do and why they do it. 🤷‍♀️

I'm sure their computer system has it set up to evaluate all bids and award bids so that NCL gets the most $$$ from the combinations of bids. It will fill the Havens for the most $$, reevaluate the next tier and do the same and so on. And that's also why they don't award rooms until the last few days, waiting on last minute bookings, guests raising their bids, etc.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, complawyer said:

sorry to ask this, but if your bid says "pending" does that mean they are still under consideration, or are we "sol"

All your bids will say pending, until either one says processing or all day something else can’t remember what it’s says though exactly. 

On 7/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, mrsjetpup said:

I won a spa club balcony upgrade from a balcony room last December for $150-$300 total.  With 3 adults cruising and getting the spa and larger bathroom we got a screaming deal!  This was back when capacity was at 30% so I’m sure that had to do with the lower price.  Be aware that on the Bliss (not sure what ship you are on) These rooms are under the pool deck and were noisy in the mornings when they start moving the loungers out.  If you like your room location now you might want to stick with it and buy the passes.  

I just had my bid accepted today (Thursday, July 28) for a cruise on the Star departing next week on Thursday (Aug 4). Went from inside to balcony with a bid of $230pp. It was on the line between poor and fair when I placed it a few months ago. If I remember correctly the minimum was $175 at the time. 

• Like 2

On Getaway 8/5 (week from Saturday).  Got my upgrade today 7/28.  Went from Oceanview on deck 5 to a Balcony on Deck 13 for $100 x 2 = $200.00  Cheaper than the normal difference in fare.  Not a super bargain, but I am happy.  Checked the deck plan and there is a floor of rooms above me.  A little close to the stairs, but not that big a deal.  I'm on a cruise!

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, David10225 said:

On Getaway 8/5 (week from Saturday).  Got my upgrade today 7/28.  Went from Oceanview on deck 5 to a Balcony on Deck 13 for $100 x 2 = $200.00  Cheaper than the normal difference in fare.  Not a super bargain, but I am happy.  Checked the deck plan and there is a floor of rooms above me.  A little close to the stairs, but not that big a deal.  I'm on a cruise!

Glad to see you were notified a fair amount of time in advance-- 9 days is a great improvement over most of the folks here who get notified 3-4 days before and some as low as 36-48 hours before!

Currently booked for Club Balcony Suite on Encore leaving Jul 31. Bid for all Haven except courtyard rooms. Haven't heard anything. Only 3 days until embarkation so we're pretty sure we're not getting an upgrade this time.

3 minutes ago, Phych said:

Currently booked for Club Balcony Suite on Encore leaving Jul 31. Bid for all Haven except courtyard rooms. Haven't heard anything. Only 3 days until embarkation so we're pretty sure we're not getting an upgrade this time.

Do they send email if you lose bid or would it just remain as pending?

2 hours ago, Phych said:

We did the same for Sunday.  I had called NCL for something else the other day and I asked about the Haven rooms and she looked it up and said that, they put some Haven rooms aside (so it looks sold out) for those that would be willing to bid on an upgrade.  She said don't lose hope, we could end up finding out the day before.  Good luck!  I know our 16 year old is hoping to have more space from us.  ha ha!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Superflyisme said:

We did the same for Sunday.  I had called NCL for something else the other day and I asked about the Haven rooms and she looked it up and said that, they put some Haven rooms aside (so it looks sold out) for those that would be willing to bid on an upgrade.  

Why would they do that? Seems stupid not to sell for top dollar and accept bids as a last resort. Sounds like the rep was making it up.🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Why would they do that? Seems stupid not to sell for top dollar and accept bids as a last resort. Sounds like the rep was making it up.🙄

I wonder if they can see that they still have some high bids and so keep those held aside because it is more lucrative to accept bids than to sell those cabins. Right now, max bids on the Haven for our October cruise are higher than the cost to upgrade. I'm monitoring to make sure we don't end up overpaying on a bid when we could have simply paid to upgrade.

55 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I wonder if they can see that they still have some high bids and so keep those held aside because it is more lucrative to accept bids than to sell those cabins. Right now, max bids on the Haven for our October cruise are higher than the cost to upgrade. I'm monitoring to make sure we don't end up overpaying on a bid when we could have simply paid to upgrade.

Right now on our October cruise even max bid is less than half including what we are already paying for a 21 night cruise.