Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

23 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL.com  And you can see all available cabins.

I need your help. I was all excited that NCL changed their parameters, but I can only see 15 available cabins per floor on ncl.com. 

Can you please direct me to a booking/date where I can see all available cabins? 

On 7/29/2022 at 2:10 PM, oracer said:

What's the site that allows you to see current vacancies (like up to 15-25 cabins)?

Check out the "C" big box store travel site, it will show you everything in one booking class. Less back and forward than NCL

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

Check out the "C" big box store travel site, it will show you everything in one booking class. Less back and forward than NCL

I typically use the big C to check availability but it is showing me far fewer cabins than NCL.com. Must be a glitch.

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I need your help. I was all excited that NCL changed their parameters, but I can only see 15 available cabins per floor on ncl.com. 

Can you please direct me to a booking/date where I can see all available cabins? 

I just counted 32 available balconies on deck 8 of the POA, Dec 6 2025.  Are these "all available?"  We don't know, but there are certainly plenty to choose from.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, David10225 said:

On Getaway 8/5 (week from Saturday).  Got my upgrade today 7/28.  Went from Oceanview on deck 5 to a Balcony on Deck 13 for $100 x 2 = $200.00  Cheaper than the normal difference in fare.  Not a super bargain, but I am happy.  Checked the deck plan and there is a floor of rooms above me.  A little close to the stairs, but not that big a deal.  I'm on a cruise!

Glad to hear! I embark on the 13th. Single studio. Bid $75 (so $150) for balcony.

Fingers crossed!

17 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I just counted 32 available balconies on deck 8 of the POA, Dec 6 2025.  Are these "all available?"  We don't know, but there are certainly plenty to choose from.

Thanks. But I'm still seeing a 15 cabin per deck category limit. Is there somewhere on the POA Dec 6, 2025 departure that shows you more than 15 cabins per deck available in the same category

Here are all the categories on deck 8 and what I see. I count a total of 42 cabins available. I'm showing 27 balcony cabins. But no where do I see more than 15 cabins available in the same category on the same deck. What am I missing? 

Inside shows only 15 cabins:

image.png.70b6037a353c3b2001146d33679d77dc.png

AFt balcony shows 11 cabins available

image.png.7f799d4d1454253471b60086c94f0aed.png

Midship family balcony shows 1

image.png.30b57011290266129ea5a10c67bec3c2.png

Forward deck 8 balcony shows exactly 15

image.png.f4d48cadcca730b8b2e75f1639d7bf1a.png

9 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thanks. But I'm still seeing a 15 cabin per deck category limit. Is there somewhere on the POA Dec 6, 2025 departure that shows you more than 15 cabins per deck available in the same category

Here are all the categories on deck 8 and what I see. I count a total of 42 cabins available. I'm showing 27 balcony cabins. But no where do I see more than 15 cabins available in the same category on the same deck. What am I missing? 

Inside shows only 15 cabins:

image.png.70b6037a353c3b2001146d33679d77dc.png

AFt balcony shows 11 cabins available

image.png.7f799d4d1454253471b60086c94f0aed.png

Midship family balcony shows 1

image.png.30b57011290266129ea5a10c67bec3c2.png

Forward deck 8 balcony shows exactly 15

image.png.f4d48cadcca730b8b2e75f1639d7bf1a.png

You've done more work on this than I did.  Maybe NCL does limit the cabins per deck, per forward/mid/aft to 15.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, complawyer said:

ok, it's not the end of the world, but im starting my disappointment early. we're leaving on the bliss in 6 days. if all the cabins ive put bids on still say "pending" am i still in the game, or am i down to wishful  thinking?

As long as it's still pending, your bids are still active.  Got my bid on the Dawn 4 days before.

19 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Sorry to hear that.  What was minimum and what did you bid?  Still should be a fabulous time.

We bid as close to "Fair" as I could get it for all Haven rooms except basic (all prices are per person):

$2,510 Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2)

$1,570 Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6)

$1,200 Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (HB)

$1,850 Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Large Balcony (H5) 

$1,130 Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HC)

I don't remember what the minimums were unfortunately.

Edited by Phych
  • Like 1

We are currently in a HG forward penthouse September 1, 5 night sailing to Bermuda.

We currently have bid on the following but not getting our hopes up:

H5/6 , 475 EURO PP 900 EURO TOTAL

HB/C 325/305 EURO PP 650/610 EURO TOTAL

While the second bathroom/shower in the aft penthouse would be great for the 3rd adult , if we are unsuccessful we will cope. The 5/6 would be a dream but at the same time 900 euro could go a long way. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's kind of like an airline seat map; there is likely less availability in terms of number of cabins than you see, because not everyone has an assigned cabin until the last minute (some people book the slightly-less-expensive "guaranteed" option where you don't choose the cabin, just the category, and NCL assigns you whatever they have left).

2 hours ago, mikejacoubowsky said:

It's kind of like an airline seat map; there is likely less availability in terms of number of cabins than you see, because not everyone has an assigned cabin until the last minute (some people book the slightly-less-expensive "guaranteed" option where you don't choose the cabin, just the category, and NCL assigns you whatever they have left).

You are partially correct but that poster is looking at 12/25 which is 2 1/2 years from now.

There are many travel agencies which have large blocks they sell and at a point will release them back if they have excess inventory.

20 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You are partially correct but that poster is looking at 12/25 which is 2 1/2 years from now.

There are many travel agencies which have large blocks they sell and at a point will release them back if they have excess inventory.

I just went out as far as possible to test the system for display limitations.  As long as we can see rooms available on multiple decks, it's a lot better than NCL.com used to be, where they would only show us something like 15 rooms, and that only on one or two decks.

Just got an upgrade advantage email

NCL Epic sailing on 07th Aug Barcelona

From an inside on mid deck 11 to a large balcony on deck 12 (B6) for £130pp

Very pleased with this as this was just in the poor bid range.

Roll on Sunday

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, thedriver23 said:

Just got an upgrade advantage email

NCL Epic sailing on 07th Aug Barcelona

From an inside on mid deck 11 to a large balcony on deck 12 (B6) for £130pp

Very pleased with this as this was just in the poor bid range.

Roll on Sunday

Sounds like a great deal.  Enjoy your cruise!🚢

So I have a Question. I have won my last 2 bids for Haven Suites, but there where always cabins available in the Haven when I have won. So we are 57 days out and appears there are 13 2 bedrooms available at this time, and 1 forward facing. Has anyone ever won a Bid for a Haven cabin that said sold out? I am assuming existing Haven Suite guests would bid from a Courtyard to a higher stateroom category. All my bids are on the high end of Fair, and hoping there is someone with some experience with winning cabins that where said to be sold out. Thanks again for all your help.