Orient Beach?

Wordell1

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, KK847 said:

We will be in St. Martin early November 2021. For anyone who has been recently, any information would be appreciated: cab fare, bars opened, access and condition and amenities on the nude side.

Thanks in advance.

If you look just a couple of threads further down the board you'll find this:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be making a day trip to Orient Beach in November. We're hoping to get to spend some time at the nude beach. If anyone has been recently, we are curious if Collin is still there renting chairs/umbrellas. We believe he used to work for Pedro's before it was destroyed by the hurricane. Thanks in advance.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:35 PM, KK847 said:

My wife and I will be making a day trip to Orient Beach in November. We're hoping to get to spend some time at the nude beach. If anyone has been recently, we are curious if Collin is still there renting chairs/umbrellas. We believe he used to work for Pedro's before it was destroyed by the hurricane. Thanks in advance.

Someone is there with a beach bar and chair/umbrella rentals.  They’ve actually enlarged there food service since we were last there in 2020.  But the old Club Orient is still in ruins from the hurricane, there doesn’t appear to have been any effort to clean it up.

Sherri🙂

• 4 months later...
On 10/13/2021 at 7:53 AM, sjb317 said:

Someone is there with a beach bar and chair/umbrella rentals.  They’ve actually enlarged there food service since we were last there in 2020.  But the old Club Orient is still in ruins from the hurricane, there doesn’t appear to have been any effort to clean it up.

Sherri🙂

Really now< I've googled Club Orient and read that it was rebuilt and thriving pretty well. Anyone else care to comments? If sending this post out on March 1, 2022. I'm reading that a lot of these posts go back to late 2021.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Really now< I've googled Club Orient and read that it was rebuilt and thriving pretty well. Anyone else care to comments? If sending this post out on March 1, 2022. I'm reading that a lot of these posts go back to late 2021.

lots of dated info   i keep hoping more will post info

On 3/1/2022 at 6:14 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

I've been to Orient Beach three times in the past 6 months. Club Orient is still destroyed (really interesting to walk around the ruins though. Wear flip flops because there are a lot of spikey burs on the ground). The Perch Bar Lite is up and running and you can still get a chair ($7) and an umbrella ($6). 

I love going to the nude side of Orient Beach! Everyone is always so nice!

4 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

I've been to Orient Beach three times in the past 6 months. Club Orient is still destroyed (really interesting to walk around the ruins though. Wear flip flops because there are a lot of spikey burs on the ground). The Perch Bar Lite is up and running and you can still get a chair ($7) and an umbrella ($6). 

I love going to the nude side of Orient Beach! Everyone is always so nice!

Thanks for your reply, but here' a few questions for you. If Club Orient hasn't been rebuilt then where's the area where you're speaking of? And is that the area where the chairs and umbrellas are located? Where exactly is the Perch bar? Is that the only bar that's open on orient Beach ? There used to be other places to rent umbrellas and chairs, was that Bikini Beach? Im only going by where the taxi would drop off passengers. been at least 3-4 years since we've been to orient Beach but didn't stay because of the sea weed and sand conditions. Has the French Government done anything to bring back the beach into an enjoyable beach area before the devastating hurricane?

7 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Thanks for your reply, but here' a few questions for you. If Club Orient hasn't been rebuilt then where's the area where you're speaking of? And is that the area where the chairs and umbrellas are located? Where exactly is the Perch bar? Is that the only bar that's open on orient Beach ? There used to be other places to rent umbrellas and chairs, was that Bikini Beach? Im only going by where the taxi would drop off passengers. been at least 3-4 years since we've been to orient Beach but didn't stay because of the sea weed and sand conditions. Has the French Government done anything to bring back the beach into an enjoyable beach area before the devastating hurricane?

The Club Orient buildings are destroyed, but all of Orient beach is still accessible. There are orange and white chairs and orange umbrellas that make up the nude section. There are a few guys who run this area (usually Cedric who is super nice!). Perch Bar Lite is just a rustic beach bar that is part of the nude section and is at the far eastern side of Orient Beach in front of where Club Orient used to be. You can get food, drinks, and they do a happy hour every day. There are tons of other beach bars on Orient Beach, but those require clothes haha.

There is a little town area in the middle of Orient Beach that looks really nice with a ton of restaurants (Yellow Sub, Sao, etc.). I'm planning to fly into St. Martin next month and spend a few days at Orient Beach. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

I was there for a week in 2020. The Club Orient Resort has not been rebuilt, but they have reopened the Perch Bar and have chairs and umbrellas set out for rental.  If you continue further down the beach (out of the Club Orient/clothing optional section), there are several other vendors renting chairs and umbrellas, and several hotels, restaurants, and beach bars are back and open for business. Most of the open establishments are located in and around Orient Village.

Edited by peanutzmom

We just spent 5 glorious days at Orient Beach and yes, Orient Beach Club is ruins. But there is a good largish naturalist beach area complete with chair and umbrella vendors + restaurant that is located in that area of Orient and the rest of the beach is top optional as we saw many ladies sunbathing without care. We spent our days down at Bikini Beach Club near the village. We loved it. So relaxing and the chairs are so comfy. Going back soon. A wonderful vacation spot. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1