Pre-Embarkation Testing

lakemurraykid

On 9/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, Mainecoonmama said:

I'm just plain confused since the pre-embarkation testing has changed from 3 days to 2.  I am flying in the day before we sail.  So I'm assuming I would need to have my test done on Thursday but how will I be able to get my results before I fly out at 8 a.m. Friday morning?  I'm assuming this means I would have to have a rapid test done.  Am I correct in my assumption? Duh, I forgot to mention this cruise is on November 20, 2021.  Who knows, by then it may not be a worry.

So heres my plan for late Nov...assuming 2 day rule. Rapid test appt at 2 different locations Sun (just in case one gets cancelled or  runs out of tests or results are delayed).Fly to FLL Monday. Backup appt in FLL Mon late afternoon (cancel if results come back from Sun).If all else fails test at port on Tues. And yes, I understand the problem of registering for multiple appts (making it harder for others to get appts, etc) but I have had them cancelled on me before, and I really really want on this darn ship! The rules are forcing us to have backup plans for our backup plans.  And I am in favor of the rules but its just complicated....

46 minutes ago, billco said:

do you mean two days prior to embarking?

Whoops!  Yes, that's what I meant to say.  I had been chatting with a friend about disembarking the Majestic Princess and my brain got stuck there.  Sorry about that!

29 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

The statement below appears to be saying that the testing requirement is only for cruises leaving through October 31, 2021 at this point in time:

Health Protocols for Cruises through 2021

For cruises through December 31, 2021, guests must have the following:

• Received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise
  • Proof of vaccination

PLUS, for cruises through October 31, 2021, in addition to the above, guests must also:

• Have proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation
  • Be required to wear a face mask in certain areas

Or am I reading this wrong? This statement is headed by "Updated September 2, 2021" and is for sailings from the US.

Yup, the key is your opening statement "...at this point in time...".  These rules can and do change all the time so stay tuned!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yup, the key is your opening statement "...at this point in time...".  These rules can and do change all the time so stay tuned!

Just wondered since at least a couple of posts mentioned Florida November cruises...I guess just trying to be prepared. My first one this year with Princess will be in December but I have 5 other cruises with 3 other lines prior to that so I'm just trying to keep the rules straight 😉

• Like 1

Here is the latest from Princess concerning Covid Testing at the pier. Sent early this morning. I highlighted the important parts. 

September 2, 2021 Dear Princess Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you on board for your upcoming cruise. We are writing to advise you that pursuant to updated directives from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we have updated our pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements for cruises departing between September 19 and October 31, 2021. All fully vaccinated guests must produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (medically observed PCR or antigen test) taken within TWO days of their embarkation on all Princess Cruises U.S. sailings. This is an update to our previously communicated testing requirement of three days prior to embarkation. Guests will be required to provide proof of this negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board. For U.S. guests, Princess has partnered with Quest Diagnostics to provide over 1,500 locations in the United States to schedule a no-cost* COVID-19 test appointment, with results delivered within 48 hours. Click here to find a testing location near you. *This COVID-19 no-cost-to-you program is available to eligible individuals for $0 out of pocket when billed to a health plan or the government. We realize some of our guests are having challenges obtaining a pre-cruise COVID-19 test, especially considering this new guidance. We are working to set up mobile testing sites at all our embarkation ports to conduct a rapid test the day before or day of your departure. We are still working out the details and will announce those shortly on our website. Princess will be subsidizing the infrastructure of the mobile testing sites, but the company providing the testing will charge a per person fee (to be established). Providers will not accept insurance, but you will be provided a receipt should you wish to submit the cost to your insurance carrier. You should consider this as a back-up alternative should you not be able to make arrangements. The mobile labs will either be in or adjacent to our terminals, or within walking distance. Please check our Cruise Health Frequently Asked Questions for further details on our updated testing requirements and onboard protocols. We are hopeful these requirements will be temporary, and we appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Kind regards,

Princess Cruises

Here is the link:  PCL_0902_GuestLetter.pdf (responsys.net)

Edited by gmcwalker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I picked up on this inconsistency too. My understanding is  Carnival has extended it to end of year.  And both Carnival and Princess are owned by CCL....so...my guess is Princess web page needs updating

Edited by Buckeye10640

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

I thought the test had to be “medically observed”?

These are medically observed, there are at least two good at home options. If you check out the “Here It Is” thread lots of resources about home options including a video have been shared. 

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1