Casablanca Morocco Dropped - Splendida

soloadventurer

1 hour ago, GStuart said:

My Oct 2022 14 night sailing has been complete reconfigured to be a 7 night Italy/France exclusive on the Splendida... something funny appears to be afoot.

Just checked our Oct 2022 Splendida 12 Night sailing. 

It now shows Seaview - 7 nt. "regular" Mediterranean circuit.  We had booked YC2. Now shows Guarantee. Date changed to October 7.  Guess, everything will be in flux for awhile. We have 2 cruises this November. Hopefully, they will sail and not have further changes.

• Like 1

I had cancelled our 11 night on Splendida, but just looked at it as if it was a new booking.

Still looks to be 11 nights.  Morocco is out and Arrecife de Lanzarote has replaced it.

Edited by Stockjock

9 hours ago, GStuart said:

My Oct 2022 14 night sailing has been complete reconfigured to be a 7 night Italy/France exclusive on the Splendida... something funny appears to be afoot.

Our 12 night Splendida in Oct 2022 was also changed to a 7 night on Seaview guarantee cabin. Doesn't go to Casablanca or Rome. Most annoying if I were to book 7 night cruise in same cabin that I had on Splendida it's $700 cheaper!  Not happy just loved the original itinerary. Ugh

9 hours ago, kidless said:

Our 12 night Splendida in Oct 2022 was also changed to a 7 night on Seaview guarantee cabin. Doesn't go to Casablanca or Rome. Most annoying if I were to book 7 night cruise in same cabin that I had on Splendida it's $700 cheaper!  Not happy just loved the original itinerary. Ugh

I hear you, crossing my fingers that things get sorted out. I have until mid-next year to see what shakes out before I need to make final payment or cancel.

19 hours ago, GStuart said:

Hopefully, It's only a glitch with their system.  Just looked at the Splendida  itineraries from the Marseille port and it still shows the cruise as a 14 night.

25 minutes ago, FSNA5861 said:

Hopefully, It's only a glitch with their system.  Just looked at the Splendida  itineraries from the Marseille port and it still shows the cruise as a 14 night.

You're right, I see the same thing on their site.

When I look at the itinerary in detail or try to book the trip it flips to a 7 night sailing. Lots of time between now and then to figure things out or re-plan I suppose, cheers!

Casablanca also dropped on our 9N sailing on the new Virtuosa in a little over 3 weeks!  So disappointed as the main two reasons we selected the sailing was for the great itinerary and the new ship. My husband and I have been to Morocco before (Algiers) but Morocco would have been a first for us and the other couple traveling with us.

Part of the "new normal" for returning to cruising will be last minute itinerary changes, cancelations and disappointments; thus we'll also have to pack lots of patience!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, long4acruise said:

I just spoke with an MSC rep. Casablanca was dropped due to a new travel ban that has been put in place. There will be no compensation for the change!

Even though I'm not certain, I've heard on the Portuguese media quite a while from now that the EU wants all the cruises to be "domestic" for the times being. Some travel bans were instated on some African countries as well on the last few days. This is sadly the new normal.

Regarding the 2022 usual southern med 9-12 nights loops, it has been pretty much common for MSC to deploy such a Musica/Fantasia ship class for those sailings and then replace it with a larger Meraviglia/Seaside class more or less an year from the loop's first sailing date, no surprise this will to be the same for next year... Seems we will have the Seaview?... Great, if true!... Usually the website will need such a month to fully catch up with whatever else decisions they have eventually made...

Edited by Nunagoras
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

5th Oct from Barcelona has lost Casablanca and Madeira, but gained Lanzarote. Bit disappointing as those were new ports for me, but still very much looking forward to sailing. 

Casablanca I can understand but not Madeira which seems odd.

Madeira has very strict COVID entry rules - PCR test required within 72 hours before disembarkation, regardless of where you come from and if you are vaccinated.   MSC can rapid test the whole ship before a port, but PCR test is certainly not a reasonable thing to do for more than a few passengers.

I assume this is the reason for Madeira being excluded from cruises in the next couple of months.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, kidless said:

Same with us.

Not sure what they are actually doing.  We have booked Executive YC Suite for 12 nights - Oct 2022.  Now shows Seaview 7 night with “old” itinerary which we have already done.

Not touching this one yet. Waiting to see if they come up with another extended (10-14 day) cruise.
What they have now (excluding RS) in yacht club is thousands less.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 6:24 AM, 8420PR said:

Madeira has very strict COVID entry rules - PCR test required within 72 hours before disembarkation, regardless of where you come from and if you are vaccinated.

Below is what is on the Madeira website as of today at http://www.visitmadeira.pt/en-gb/useful-info/corona-virus-(covid-19)/information-to-visitors-(covid-19)

Appears from part 9, last paragraph and various bullets that fully vaxed can avoid PCR test?  Did this change recently?  Thanks for any feedback.

Madeira.png

This thread contains many references to changes that MSC has made to different cruises without providing any kind of notification to the passengers on the affected sailings. 

How then are those affected being made aware of these changes? Perhaps by routinely checking the "Manage My Booking" tab on the MSC website?

• Like 1